poor result today

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what will dickovs excuse after this one.

not we havent played for 4 weeks surely.

2nd goal no marking at a free kick AGAIN.

According to the commentary we played really well until we gave away a silly penalty, even then we were the better side but another goal from a set-piece kills us. Still we've not played for 5 weeks and barely been able to train properly but still scored two goals. The defence and keeper worry me, maybe time for changes...send Evina back, let Jarrett go and maybe manouvre that way?

According to the commentary we played really well until we gave away a silly penalty, even then we were the better side but another goal from a set-piece kills us. Still we've not played for 5 weeks and barely been able to train properly but still scored two goals. The defence and keeper worry me, maybe time for changes...send Evina back, let Jarrett go and maybe manouvre that way?

Send evina back ?! He came on and changed it for us he was motm in that 20 minutes he was on the pitch, we was appalling yet again we get beat away from home after going a goal up. Massive changes need to happen if we want to get anything from Monday.

Send evina back ?! He came on and changed it for us he was motm in that 20 minutes he was on the pitch, we was appalling yet again we get beat away from home after going a goal up. Massive changes need to happen if we want to get anything from Monday.

Didn't go today, but not sure what Evina has done wrong. Just don't get why Dickov picks Black ahead of him at left-back. He looked pretty good there on his debut at Brentford.

Also, In our last match, previous to today, wasn't Evina one of our top performers against Rochdale and scored a pretty decent goal?

Dickov's team changes sometimes confuse me.

In fairness it's not like we're putting in appalling performances every week, is it? It's a young squad, they're out of match practice, there's going to be the odd result like this. Give me a 4-2 loss and knowing that Dickov will kick the crap out of them afterwards over 1-0 and Dave Penney trying to tell us we played really well any day. Getting a bit sick of set piece just before half time=certain goal though.

Stick Trotman in defence and Fleming in net.

Trotman yeah Fleming no chance.

Morais started and was poor never looked interested. Cedric came on all energetic and was bloody awesome. Taylor was shocking ducking out of headers never looked like causing them a problem.

In fairness it's not like we're putting in appalling performances every week, is it? It's a young squad, they're out of match practice, there's going to be the odd result like this. Give me a 4-2 loss and knowing that Dickov will kick the crap out of them afterwards over 1-0 and Dave Penney trying to tell us we played really well any day. Getting a bit sick of set piece just before half time=certain goal though.

I should of put a commor lol yet again we lose a one nil lead away from home it ment to read not we was appalling yet again

Trotman yeah Fleming no chance.

Morais started and was poor never looked interested. Cedric came on all energetic and was bloody awesome. Taylor was shocking ducking out of headers never looked like causing them a problem.

Think Fleming has a chance- we are continuously conceding at set-pieces with Brill in net.

Wouldnt mind seeing Brooke start upfront with Tonk against Rochdale on monday with Taylor to come on from the bench.

Fact is we need to make changes Lee and can only have 5 loanees at one time. So Tonk and Hello are a shoe-in, White is quality, So that for me leaves two slots up for grabs. Do we keep Trotters? Ced has done well but we have options at left-back and left-wing and Morais playing today speaks volumes - namely he is staying. Ced would be a loss but we need to do somethimng about these crap goals we are giving teams.

Think Fleming has a chance- we are continuously conceding at set-pieces with Brill in net.

Wouldnt mind seeing Brooke start upfront with Tonk against Rochdale on monday with Taylor to come on from the bench.

As well as Brill I think Rubes is a problem too, the amount of times he loses his man or is stood with his finger up his arse is infuriating.

After today's performance I'd rather have evina stay over morais, I see your point though.

Mondays team for me would be ...

Brill

Lee mvoto trotman black

White furman Stephens evina

Tonk and Taylor

Bring morais off the bench impact sub.

Brill

Lee Mvoto Hazell Evina

White Furman Stephens Taylor

Tonk Brooke

Can accept losing...we do it pretty often (ok, less so this season) but letting in the same goal 3 times today is annoying...stick that high ball in, watch us flap like anything. Disappointing...yeah, ok we've not played for a few weeks and that's going to affect us, but we keep conceding the same goal. Dickov and Taggart will be furious again tonight...positives as mentioned though...we're scoring still...so not all gloom tonight.

Edited by boundaryblue80

After today's performance I'd rather have evina stay over morais, I see your point though.

Brill

Lee mvoto trotman black

Tonk and Taylor

Fleming

Lee Trotman Mvoto Black

Morais/Taylor Furman Stephens White/Evina

Tonk Brooke

Brill

Lee mvoto trotman black

Tonk and Taylor

I'm not going to be a Brill basher, but is Fleming really all that bad? Those who go to the ressies would know if it's worth giving Flem a chance and make Brill work even harder. He's been a lot better this season, but he still scares me with crosses (not quite in the Dracula class, but you get the idea).

Also, I can't see Rubes being dropped, so he stays in. M'Voto has been getting better and better so, if he had a mare today, it's probably one of those things. Don't forget, Trotters has hardly kicked a ball in anger at all this season, so he's probably too rusty to throw straight in, especially with his recently documented difficulty with training on plastic.

I know I don't get to as many games as some of you guys, so I have to base a lot of it on threads on here and LP commentary (OK, I know, but it's better than not knowing anything at all).

I think I'd go for (4-4-1-1):

Fleming (If the stiff's reports are good enough)

Lee, Hazell, M'Voto, Evina

Morais, Furman, Stephens, White

Taylor

Tounkara

or (4-4-2)

As above but with Brooke and Tounkara up front and use Taylor / Black off the bench if Evina / Morais / White / Brooke aren't making an impact.

Edited by Bristolatic

enough is enough now where Brill's concerned

he either needs to bring a new keeper in in the window or give Fleming a go - this lad looked a very good keeper in the making 2 years + ago!

i think he dropped Evina today to use Morais who could be OUR player and Black who IS our player rather than use a loanee but I think he should stick Evina or White in at LB

Evina defends as poorly as Black but is better going forward. White could do major damage bombing forward from LB (don't know what he's like defensively but he won't be done for pace)

v Dale for me :-

Fleming

Lee Hazell MVoto White

Morais Stephens Furman Evina

Tounkare Taylor

enough is enough now where Brill's concerned

he either needs to bring a new keeper in in the window or give Fleming a go - this lad looked a very good keeper in the making 2 years + ago!

i think he dropped Evina today to use Morais who could be OUR player and Black who IS our player rather than use a loanee but I think he should stick Evina or White in at LB

Evina defends as poorly as Black but is better going forward. White could do major damage bombing forward from LB (don't know what he's like defensively but he won't be done for pace)

v Dale for me :-

Fleming

Lee Hazell MVoto White

Morais Stephens Furman Evina

Tounkare Taylor

Agree but also the reason why i'd possibly sacrifice Evina for GK or CH cover depending on Trotters situation...

Edited by oafcprozac

Can accept losing...we do it pretty often (ok, less so this season) but letting in the same goal 3 times today is annoying...stick that high ball in, watch us flap like anything. Disappointing...yeah, ok we've not played for a few weeks and that's going to affect us, but we keep conceding the same goal. Dickov and Taggart will be furious again tonight...positives as mentioned though...we're scoring still...so not all gloom tonight.

But it's a concern no goals from the strikers (although I don't class Taylor as one).