Catastrophic result

End of unbeaten home record.

Big derby defeat.

Playoffs getting further away.

Not making pressure pay nor taking chances.

Individual mistakes creeping in.

Performance sounded good before the 1st goal, the ref seemed to have a big impact on the game and it's definitely not the end of our season, but it's a massive blow.

:(

Fed up of games being completely ruined by referees, they are deciding the outcome of games because like today we are usually up against a team with 10 men behind the ball all game looking to counter, we can't take our chances and then up steps the referee in his clown shoes to :censored: up the game, i hope hes wearing those clown shoes when hes driving home tonight

Big derby defeat.

Performance sounded good before the 1st goal, the ref seemed to have a big impact on the game and it's definitely not the end of our season, but it's a massive blow.

Not at all, i was very disappointed today, the whole day was flat.....the atmosphere, definitely the performance, until the last 5 mins.

We never seemed up for it and never really controlled the game, individual errors costly again!!!

Big derby defeat.

How the bloody hell can you make such a bold statement when you never went?!?!?

I won't make a bold statement as I didn't go either thanks to work, but it would appear from the messages I got from friends who went is that we were nowhere up for it like Rochdale were.

The bold statement I will make is that another ex-striker has returned to haunt us. Typical.

I won't make a bold statement as I didn't go either thanks to work, but it would appear from the messages I got from friends who went is that we were nowhere up for it like Rochdale were.

The bold statement I will make is that another ex-striker has returned to haunt us. Typical.

O'Gradey was gifted one and slightly fortunate with the other....have to say he did sod all else all game. Hazell, Mvoto and Trotters had him in their pockets and he didn't do a great deal against smaller full backs

Depends on the reaction of the players really... We still have games in hand which is a positive...

True about the player's reaction, that is why I think it is Dickov's first really big test. It's easier for an inexperienced team to get down after a result that loses them a positive status, such as losing to a local rival, losing back-to-back games for the 1st time or losing an unbeaten home record. If Dickov can get the team back on track then it will be a great achievement, but in this tight league a bad run of 5 or 6 games at present could change our playoff push into a relegation scrap quickly. The games in hand are only a big plus with momentum which right now we haven't got.

Really hope I'm wrong and I think Dickov's got it in him but he (and we) have got a difficult time ahead.

I won't make a bold statement as I didn't go either thanks to work, but it would appear from the messages I got from friends who went is that we were nowhere up for it like Rochdale were.The bold statement I will make is that another ex-striker has returned to haunt us. Typical.

That is one of the most disappointing things for me....until we got our goal we never got an head of steam up and hardly caused them any problems at all.

Not at all, i was very disappointed today, the whole day was flat.....the atmosphere, definitely the performance, until the last 5 mins.

We never seemed up for it and never really controlled the game, individual errors costly again!!!

How can you say we didn't control the game?

Look at the stats and the fact that Rochdale were camped in our half for the majority of both halves.

Dean Brill is an absolute liability, his handling is awful and I've never seen a 'keeper as poor at commanding his area.

Agreed. Even if O'Grady had a shocking game and both of his goals were gifted/poor/lucky/fortunate, his main responsibility is to score goals regardless of how pretty and amazing they are. He did his job today.

So Brill had another shocker...I'm shocked.

How can you say we didn't control the game?

Look at the stats and the fact that Rochdale were camped in our half for the majority of both halves.Dean Brill is an absolute liability, his handling is awful and I've never seen a 'keeper as poor at commanding his area.

Eh?.. isn't that a contradiction?

We never really got on top and made our usual mistake to gift the opposition a goal'

I'm not usually a brill knocker but why all the punching today??? it led to the penalty and caused us problems in the first half......he's not the only under performer though.

two equal teams i thought. a draw would have been the right result but a stupid mistake from hazell cost us three points. the ref managed to get on the wrong side of both fans and made one of the worst red card decisions i've seen in ages.

i wouldnt say latics weren't up for it but we didnt have anything to finish off the decent moves or to deliver a final ball. good to see dickov going for it in the second half, but rochdale took their chances and we didnt.

Two poor teams with the worst ref in the league that I hVe ever seen, only difference is they finished chances we didn't,

Can I just say also how shockingly :censored: Rochdale support is.

I agree.

Their support was really dire haha.

Simple, I never said I could judge the individual performance on what I saw, only on what I heard. Yes it isn't as reliable but I can still form an opinion from it. If Latics Player is so far off with the run of play or the key moments then fair enough I'm way off too. However I can definitely judge the result itself in the context of the bigger picture and I feel its a pivotal one.

We were all over Rochdale for the majority of the 2nd half. Through 2 sloppy mistakes in defence Dale win the game - but thats football.

As for the ref, his assessor at the game should really think hard about his report tonight. How he can referee a league 1 match nevermind a local derby is beyond me. I counted 5 clear handballs in the box and at least 3/4 clear free kicks outside the box PLUS the time wasting by their Goalie not given. My Rochdale mates can't believe how poor he was and I've never seen a crowd sing you're not fit to referee after the AWAY team get a sending off! No doubt the team will be fuming with his performance because I know I am!

Away from the B*stard in Black, we looked scared of shooting. It was the same on Saturday and I can only think it's because of the 5 weeks off. I think we need to start playing another striker up front with Tounkara as theres little support for him.

The atmosphere wasn't as good as I hoped but when people are sitting in their allocated seats - it never is. The game needed Brill to bury that header at the end but we all know at Latics it never goes our way!

Eh?.. isn't that a contradiction?

We never really got on top and made our usual mistake to gift the opposition a goal'

I'm not usually a brill knocker but why all the punching today??? it led to the penalty and caused us problems in the first half......he's not the only under performer though.

Camped in their half sorry!

The second on Saturday too, he should be picking everything up in and around his six yard box instead of being stuck to his line.

Two poor teams with the worst ref in the league that I hVe ever seen, only difference is they finished chances we didn't,

Can I just say also how shockingly :censored: Rochdale support is.

To be fair lee we hardly lifted the roof ourselves.....maybe the flat game spilled over to the crowd?

That is one of the most disappointing things for me....until we got our goal we never got an head of steam up and hardly caused them any problems at all.

erm...did we not have all that pressure from the start of the second half for 10 mins,corner after corner throw in after throw in crosses coming in with them penned into there own penalty area????? or was i watching a different game????

we didnt make the pressure count,we needed to score in those instances and im sure rochdale would have crumbled....brill went the right way for pen,but why was we too slow to react....hazells fault for second,pissin about again,he had the ball so why not the simple out of play let players get back,instead of dickin about,losing control and bang....

the ref..well the less said about him the better...total fool,i sincerley hope he gets reported by dickov,some very ludicrous decisions....

big big test now..defence needs shaking up..taylor isnt a striker..midfield is devoid of ideas,kieran lee n aidy white brilliant,but not enough on the game yet again like saturday....

i hope dickov finally realises we need to change things..give fleming a chance and for gods sake get a striker in....