At accrington i thought he was naive, at hartlepool i thought he was reckless and panicked, today i am sorry inept, clueless, incompetent and cost us the game, if he thinks kelly, feeney are not good enough to play up front ahead of two 100% centre halves then get rid dont stick them on the bench and put the kids there instead. Tactical suicide today... garbage in front of a big crowd again no wonder many stay away every week..

He's got a point two strikers on the the bench and we still play trotman upfront, surely it would make more sense to put a striker on when we needed a goal

it says a hell of a lot of how bad feeney must be in training to not get on in front of an 80% fit ryan brooke...if thats the case cut a loss n get rid and bring someone in who is going to help tounakara....

i thought taylor stayed on too long,ineffective and lacking in fitness,same on saturday..we need firepower and we need it now....big decisions to make..for what its worth id give brooke a start with the tank....or even dickov.cant do any worse

He's got a point two strikers on the the bench and we still play trotman upfront, surely it would make more sense to put a striker on when we needed a goal

I have never managed a team but if i did and my team went one down and had strikers on the bench i would put them on before slinging a stiff at the back up front leaving us completely exposed for the 3rd time this season at the back.. i am not for one minute suggesting dickov out but he keeps saying the players are making the same mistakes then maybe he needs to take a look at himself

I have never managed a team but if i did and my team went one down and had strikers on the bench i would put them on before slinging a stiff at the back up front leaving us completely exposed for the 3rd time this season at the back.. i am not for one minute suggesting dickov out but he keeps saying the players are making the same mistakes then maybe he needs to take a look at himself

I must admit you have a point.

If he wants to play a big powerful player upfront, go and sign a big powerful striker, not to make do with a centre half.

Im wondering now that Feeney doesnt fit into our plans, seems a bad signing for sure.

to stick up for him, kelly and feeney aren't good in the air and trotman is. we weren't getting anywhere in the box on the floor and trotman had more chance of heading one in.

but i'll agree that his substitutions werent very good. brooke isnt good enough and taylor was playing well on the wing at the time. i'm all for giving young players game time, but we needed to win the game, and kelly and feeney had more chance of putting a loose ball in the back of the net.

At accrington i thought he was naive, at hartlepool i thought he was reckless and panicked, today i am sorry inept, clueless, incompetent and cost us the game, if he thinks kelly, feeney are not good enough to play up front ahead of two 100% centre halves then get rid dont stick them on the bench and put the kids there instead. Tactical suicide today... garbage in front of a big crowd again no wonder many stay away every week..

And what happens when Kelly/Feeney scores? Does he retreat to centre half himself, or does Dickov make another change?

Today was disappointing but Paul Dickov's the best thing about this club at the moment.

And what happens when Kelly/Feeney scores? Does he retreat to centre half himself, or does Dickov make another change?

Today was disappointing but Paul Dickov's the best thing about this club at the moment.

+1 we were all crying out for this last season, not the time to get on his back!

to stick up for him, kelly and feeney aren't good in the air and trotman is. we weren't getting anywhere in the box on the floor and trotman had more chance of heading one in.

but i'll agree that his substitutions werent very good. brooke isnt good enough and taylor was playing well on the wing at the time. i'm all for giving young players game time, but we needed to win the game, and kelly and feeney had more chance of putting a loose ball in the back of the net.

woah....brooke isnt good enough,hahahahahahah......

oh dear...yeah a young hungry striker who is willing to get stuck in run at defenders have a crack at goal isnt good enough..lets stick with warren cows arse n banjo feeney eh,,fire us up this league in no time....

This /\

We nick a (deserved) goal with big Neal T playing as an extra striker, then he can simply go back to CB and we go back to 4 at the back. If he'd have gone for it; as has been implied; and we had say 4 strikers on; what would happen if we did pull it back? we'd be over committed that's what.

There is plenty to be miffed at today, PD and his tactics isnt one IMO.....

woah....brooke isnt good enough,hahahahahahah......

oh dear...yeah a young hungry striker who is willing to get stuck in run at defenders have a crack at goal isnt good enough..lets stick with warren cows arse n banjo feeney eh,,fire us up this league in no time....

did he do that though? whenever he's been brought on, its been with ten minutes to go and he hasn't had a chance to shine. send him out on loan so we can see how good he actually is, but using him like we are doing, he's doing no better than fenney would, who is awful.

did he do that though? whenever he's been brought on, its been with ten minutes to go and he hasn't had a chance to shine. send him out on loan so we can see how good he actually is, but using him like we are doing, he's doing no better than fenney would, who is awful.

so you obviously didnt go to hartlepool on saturday then....enough said

So you have to go to Hartlepool to have an opinion now do you?

For the record, I think you both have points...........

Brooke for me is a better bet than Feeney & Kelly, as I think he had a storming pre-season (during which he won me over)....but 10 mins (or less) here & there isnt helping him, or the team

This /\

We nick a (deserved) goal with big Neal T playing as an extra striker, then he can simply go back to CB and we go back to 4 at the back. If he'd have gone for it; as has been implied; and we had say 4 strikers on; what would happen if we did pull it back? we'd be over committed that's what.

There is plenty to be miffed at today, PD and his tactics isnt one IMO.....

Exactly- we had this happen to us earlier in the season IIRC. We've gone for it, playing 4 up front, get the goal(s) we need to be winning and then have a back 4 which has Stephens in it.

I don't have a problem with us sticking a centre-half up top, but, I think we've got to get the balance right. Mvoto has looked good when he's done it, Trotman not so much. Maybe we need a big centre-forward who can also find a pass, now when did we have one of them?

no, and i didnt go to any of the pre-season games where he played well according to reports.

but i have been to other games like today where he has been brought on to get a goal and hasn't changed the game at all. im sure he could be a good player, but at the moment, kelly is a better option.

So you have to go to Hartlepool to have an opinion now do you?

For the record, I think you both have points...........

Brooke for me is a better bet than Feeney & Kelly, as I think he had a storming pre-season (during which he won me over)....but 10 mins (or less) here & there isnt helping him, or the team

no you dont....but if you did you will have seen once he came on the whole side changed and momentum was gained,he opened things up and wasnt affraid to shoot,which nobody else had managed most of the game....

to say he isnt good enough is something of a misdemeanor....he is good enough,however he got an awfull injury just when he was starting to produce consistantly,had he not got injured he would have been tounakara;s strike partner from the off....his last two subs appearance has produced more effort n shots on goal than feeney has managed since august...

i think he deserves a starting slot up front with the big man to play off,taylor isnt a striker and never will be,and to be honest i cant see us bringin in a 20 goal a season striker now...if we had money to burn its a different story but we dont.

Oh dear! Has someone dared to suggest PD made a mistake?

With around half an hour to go our defence was left weakened when Trot was pushed up front. It was a bold move that backfired when Hazell goofed again and there was no cover. 2-0.

Dickov is a breath of fresh air, but that was a crazy tactical move when we are suspect at the back and we have forwards on the bench. Another one to learn from Paul?

I suspect the likes of Feeney and Kelly were on the bench with a view to giving them a 20 minute run out, IF we were winning and not under pressure.

It suggests to me, particularly in Feeney's case that they're not pulling trees up in training. If that's the case at the halfway stage of the season, we all know what to do, but where Feeney's concerned, can we afford to cut loose?

I suspect the likes of Feeney and Kelly were on the bench with a view to giving them a 20 minute run out, IF we were winning and not under pressure.

It suggests to me, particularly in Feeney's case that they're not pulling trees up in training. If that's the case at the halfway stage of the season, we all know what to do, but where Feeney's concerned, can we afford to cut loose?

kelly says hes been offered a new contract in an interview with the irish independent i think.. theirs a thread on here recently, think PD is slowly putting Kelly in and we will see alot more of him if he signs a new contract

+1

And it didn't matter who was the manager or the opposition manager or tactics or training or either set of players and tea ladies and so on, because yesterday was all about the knobber in the flo yellow and his total unsuitability for refereeing football matches.

A tad harsh but I can see where you are coming from - but 'inept, clueless, incompetent' ? The guy is giving it a go - his first managerial job and yes he will make mistakes - and for the record I do not agree with the 'shoving the big man up front' approach or the 'pull everyone back at corners' tactic but in PD we trust.

:wink: