Premier League Ref Today....

Can anyone explain why Trotman got booked for standing in front of their goalie?

According to the rules, if he was hindering the goalie from releasing the ball then it's deemed unsporting behaviour and is a bookable offence!!!!

Was he hindering him though :blink:

According to the rules, if he was hindering the goalie from releasing the ball then it's deemed unsporting behaviour and is a bookable offence!!!!

not really, he was distracting him, but not hindering.

i hope the FA monitor this guy's games because off that performance, he should be blue square premier, not barclays

No he wasn't, keeper spent more time waving to the ref than trying to kick the ball and ref was gullible enough to fall for it. Blatant time wasting tactics which we can all see but the ref apparently can't.

well if were being realistic and not jus p*ssed off at him for having an otherwise sh*t game the simple answer would be yes he was. he was chasing him around the area doing whatever he could to get in the way of him. brooke did it later on and stood at the side of him hurling abuse that is aloud and the way it should be done. in trotmans defence he dint have a clue what he was doing after being moved up top

it must have been a different kind of hindering that ryan brooke did then,cos he did the same but didnt get booked....

you cant obstruct the keeper from taking his kick....he didnt obstruct him he was stood just to the side of him questioning why he was time wasting and not kicking it out...

if hes a prem ref id love him to take charge of a united arsenal game....can you imagine old rednose face.hahaha

the worst one for me was when the ball went out of play about 10 yards infront of him and he's looking at the linesman on the half-way line to see if it was a throw-in or a corner

I think he's actually gotta wait for his assistant to make a decision, he can over rule it though!

not hindering - he was stood outside the area, and the keeper didnt have to stand their, if the keeper went further back and trotman went inside the area he was hindering, but outside area not hindering, ref was a tool, should never be allowed to ref again

That ref was an absolute joke. He doesn't know the rules.

My sentiments exactly. The straight red card he gave their lad was even more of a joke, happened 6 yards in front of where I was sat and i'm still not convinced it was even worthy of a yellow card, let alone a straight red...

not really, he was distracting him, but not hindering.

i hope the FA monitor this guy's games because off that performance, he should be blue square premier, not barclays

no, no he shouldnt, he should not be allowed to ref again, he was a poor ref, not one single good word to say about that thing.

red card summed it all up, he is a full on joke to be honest.

How the hell he has managed to live this long without walking out into a road with his selective vision ill never know.

Down at this level for a reason, see if they can referee in the premiership, if not put them in the football league so they arnt on TV and who gives a s**t, thats the FA's point of view.