Worst referee since Clatenburg - proud to be Oldham

you couldn't make it up

couldn't see the pen but wouldn't be surprised if it was bollox

has anyone ever seen or heard of the oppositions fans berating the referee for wrongly sending an opposition player off?

after yesterdays Chelsea-Villa incident where both the attacker and defender dived to get/prevent a penalty (which has hardly recieved a mention as it's now the norm) it's restored my faith in football

I sometimes feel sorry for refs. Everyone calls them when they've made bad decisions, yet they get no credit when they do well.

But jeez - this bloke day today was just incompetent. It would be quicker to go through the decisions he got right than the ones he got wrong.

Dale's defender chops Evina down and it isn't a freekick. He does it again and it's a red card.

Spoilt the game.

I sometimes feel sorry for refs. Everyone calls them when they've made bad decisions, yet they get no credit when they do well.

But jeez - this bloke day today was just incompetent. It would be quicker to go through the decisions he got right than the ones he got wrong.

Dale's defender chops Evina down and it isn't a freekick. He does it again and it's a red card.

Spoilt the game.

The red card was a shocker, but he made so many bad decisions. Tounkara getting booked for standing his ground was another bad one.

dickov making his feelings about the ref known !

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6634128,00.html

He'll probably get charged and fined for those comments, as you are in no way allowed to say anything even remotely critical of the referee, ever.

Worst refereeing performance I can ever remember was Phillip Don, we were at home to Norwich early nineties in the Premiership, we lost 3-2 and Ruel Fox scored a goal when he was about 5 yards offside, I think Chris Makin got sent off as well, an absolutely shocking display of refereeing and judgement, he was a complete tool.

That Kevin Friend is also a shocking ref as well, I've seen some unbelievably incompetant displays from him over the years.

He'll probably get charged and fined for those comments, as you are in no way allowed to say anything even remotely critical of the referee, ever.

Worst refereeing performance I can ever remember was Phillip Don, we were at home to Norwich early nineties in the Premiership, we lost 3-2 and Ruel Fox scored a goal when he was about 5 yards offside, I think Chris Makin got sent off as well, an absolutely shocking display of refereeing and judgement, he was a complete tool.

That Kevin Friend is also a shocking ref as well, I've seen some unbelievably incompetant displays from him over the years.

Think Fox was offside and squared for Robins in that match! Makin was sent off the year after, think he scored in that game too!

Think he has been bad in the past but it was mainly all in our favour. IIRC we've won about 80% of the games he has reffed us in, including the 5-0 demolition of Forest when even Rocky scored.

Their No. 2 got away with about five bookable challenges, including two on Evina and one on White. And yet when the ref showed him a straight red for that tackle from behind (booking at most) there was a massive chant of "You're not fit to referee" - from the Oldham fans.

It was never a penalty either.

Their No. 2 got away with about five bookable challenges, including two on Evina and one on White. And yet when the ref showed him a straight red for that tackle from behind (booking at most) there was a massive chant of "You're not fit to referee" - from the Oldham fans.

It was never a penalty either.

There was a nudge in the bank of Tonk in front of the Chaddy, not as forceful but if theirs was a pen then so was that.

If Hazell's nudged him in the back it's a foul.

What makes you think otherwise?

Because he didn't give it for that one - he gave it for the second one. He then checks back and decides he's given it against Hazell and played advantage, even though he plainly didn't.

Or you can have it your way and he pulled play back after Hazell's robust challenge. Surely it's advantage over when the guy has a header on goal?

Because he didn't give it for that one - he gave it for the second one. He then checks back and decides he's given it against Hazell and played advantage, even though he plainly didn't.

Or you can have it your way and he pulled play back after Hazell's robust challenge. Surely it's advantage over when the guy has a header on goal?

Fairy nuff.

Assuming Mrs o4u hasn't deleted it off Sky+ I'll take another look later.