Everton v Spurs crowd.............

Took a trip to Goodison last night and was gobsmacked by 2 things, firstly the atmosphere in the "Glawys" was dire and secondly the Tottenham ( top 4 chasing , last sixteen champions league) away support consisted of a quarter of the lower tier with the upper tier empty, meaning 1500 if that !!

Just goes to show that the racket we create in the rocky road , and the fantastic support we take away aint all that bad considering !

Took a trip to Goodison last night and was gobsmacked by 2 things, firstly the atmosphere in the "Glawys" was dire and secondly the Tottenham ( top 4 chasing , last sixteen champions league) away support consisted of a quarter of the lower tier with the upper tier empty, meaning 1500 if that !!

Just goes to show that the racket we create in the rocky road , and the fantastic support we take away aint all that bad considering !

london to merseyside ? just after christmas ? premiership ticket prices ? i think id give it a miss to if i was a spurs fan.

london to merseyside ? just after christmas ? premiership ticket prices ? i think id give it a miss to if i was a spurs fan.

Only £30 Lee , chance to go level with Arsenal ?? , should have at least filled the upper tier too , and when i say 1500 i,m being very generous cos if that stand holds the 5500 we took in the cup tie then it roughly works out 5500 x.25, x .5 = 687.5 ....hey my maths aint bad considering i drank about a dozen lagers and sat up all night watching the ashes when i got back :)

Away support in the Premier isn't really ever that particularly good in relation to the numbers following teams, though that can often be due to the number of games on Sky.

Away support in the Premier isn't really ever that particularly good in relation to the numbers following teams, though that can often be due to the number of games on Sky.

Yeah, it seems to be something that's crept in over the last few seasons in increasing numbers. I always find it amazing seeing the number of empty seats at Premier League matches. Look at Birmingham - even for home games, there's usually whacking great empty areas, even when they play the likes of Man U/Arsenal. There even seemed to be a few empty seats at Old Trafford the other night against Stoke. Not sure if the weather was bad, or if fans just couldn't be bothered?

According to the Newcastle United website, West Ham took just under 800 up there last night. I know it's a fair old trek, but I would've thought more would've gone than that (West Ham fans always seem to travel in decent numbers). There looked to be a few gaps in the Villa seating area at Chelski t'other day. I always find it amazing how Fulham never seem to take many away fans, even to London derbies. The number of empty seats at places like Blackburn, Sunderland and Wigan are just embarrassing as well.

I suppose when we were in the Prem you had teams like Coventry and Wimbledon who didn't bring many fans to BP. I think it's just another case of getting past the Premier League 'most exciting league in the world' spin/bollocks.

Having made at least five trips to goodison park last season, will expand on this. We sat right at the top of the park end. Some of the abuse yakubu got was absolutely untrue!!!!!!

And as for away support, for prem games they get about a quarter of the bullens road stand (all tiers). Only teams I seen fill that were liverpool and united.

Bolton didn't even bring 400 fans, stoke barely managed 500, wigan didn't even hit 200!!!

Only £30 Lee , chance to go level with Arsenal ?? , should have at least filled the upper tier too , and when i say 1500 i,m being very generous cos if that stand holds the 5500 we took in the cup tie then it roughly works out 5500 x.25, x .5 = 687.5 ....hey my maths aint bad considering i drank about a dozen lagers and sat up all night watching the ashes when i got back :)

Match ticket fair enough, but what about travel food drink ? add another £100 +

Wigan took 400 to City in the league last season.

Me and my son went to the UNited/Wigan game at Old Trafford between Christmas and New Year last season and Wigan brought less than that - Pathetic club, shame they scored that late equaliser last night as they would have rock bottom. Hate them more than any other club!

Me and my son went to the UNited/Wigan game at Old Trafford between Christmas and New Year last season and Wigan brought less than that - Pathetic club, shame they scored that late equaliser last night as they would have rock bottom. Hate them more than any other club!

whys that ?

whys that ?

They're everything we could have been with investment at the right time, that and changing their name from Borough to Athletic,changing their colours to all blue, nicking our nickname then attempting to register 'Latics' as a Trade Mark and even playing fecking 'Tom Hark' after they score!!! Hate 'em, just hate 'em - sooner Whelan pops it and they slide back into oblivion the better :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

They're everything we could have been with investment at the right time, that and changing their name from Borough to Athletic,changing their colours to all blue, nicking our nickname then attempting to register 'Latics' as a Trade Mark and even playing fecking 'Tom Hark' after they score!!! Hate 'em, just hate 'em - sooner Whelan pops it and they slide back into oblivion the better :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I was waiting for 'Rugby' to appear somewhere in your reply lol

:lol: awesome !!

fair point !

Not an excuse but with only three new teams per year and the clubs that went down the previous season tending to yo-yo back up you don't get much chance to go to a new ground and get a new experience. I bet most teams have sold out away at Blackpool this year.

I'd hate to go to Bolton every season for a 0-0 draw.

Not an excuse but with only three new teams per year and the clubs that went down the previous season tending to yo-yo back up you don't get much chance to go to a new ground and get a new experience. I bet most teams have sold out away at Blackpool this year.

I'd hate to go to Bolton every season for a 0-0 draw.

The Birmingham section looked pretty sparse at Bloomfield Rd the other night when I saw the goals on TV.

Racket?!?!

Also Spurs play top sides week in, week out and have done for years and years. A trip to Everton on a cold Tuesday night, as mentioned below just after xmas, with their fans also having to pay a decent amount of extra for CL football (even more for those who follow them away)...1500 is a decent enough turn-out.

The Birmingham section looked pretty sparse at Bloomfield Rd the other night when I saw the goals on TV.

Was it? My presumption was based on no fact at all, just the idea that it would be a new club for most to visit and you get to have a fight with some squaddies on a night out in Blackpool.

and you haven't even started on some of their dickhead fans

what most "Premiership fans" (the type that never go to games) fail to realise is that there is a difference between them and Blackpool, Blackpool didn't buy their way to the Premiership