• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone answer the last time we had the tv cameras for a live game at BP

This doesn't include cup or play off matches

It must be back in the Prem days?

Cheers Guys

Dunno if it's the most recent but Port Vale just before Chrimbo back in '01 or '02?

Leeds In League 1-1 Wore Pink

Port vale at home carnt remember the score of that one.

Since the Prem days live LEAGUE matches at BP (bear with me off the top of my head)

08-09

Leeds D1-1

03-04

Port Vale W2-1

97-98

Bristol City L1-2

96-97

Palace L0-1

95-96

Tranmere L1-2

Port Vale D2-2

94-95

Tranmere D0-0

Edited by oafcprozac

Did Killen get one? (rare were the occasions of him A. Scoring and B. Playing)

Killen overhead kick after an effort came back off the bar and Eyresy floated in a free-kick that every bugger missed and it bounced over the flat-footed keeper. It was the same day Beckham hit Mir with his penalty in Istanbul….

I thought the Leeds game was 1st round of the FA cup

The Port Vale game rings a bell now

Eyers on the touchline and a dubious touch from Killen or did it go straight in.

No, Leeds league game was the Pink Event - D1-1 on Sky 08-09

FAC Game we rolled over 2-0, was live on t'internet 09-10

Rarely played and 'rarely scored', yet still holds/shares(?) the record for consecutive games scored in by a Latics player IIRC. Excellent player.

Stitch

Newcastle Div 2 (H) D1-1 (1)

Southampton LCQF (A) D2-2 (2)

Brighton FAC4 (H) W2-1 (1)

Southampton LCQF® (H) W2-0 (1)

WBA Div 2 (A) D2-2 (1)

Stoke Div 2 (H) W2-0 (1)

WHU (LCSF1) (H) W6-0 (2)

Everton FAC5 (H) D2-2 (1)

10 in 8 consecutive games (2 pens)

Killen

Thurrock FAC1 (A) W1-0 (1)

Barnsley Div 2 (H) W3-2 (2)

Bradford Div 2 (A) W3-1 (1)

Hartlepool (LDV) W3-1 (1)

Orient (FAC2) W4-0 (3)

Chesterfield Div 2 (H) W4-1 (2)

10 in 6 competitive games (4 pens)

Killen was 2 games short of Stitch's record…although he scored 10 in 6 instead of 10 in 8, Stitch scored in EIGHT consecutive games and therefore holds the record.

Edited by oafcprozac

Stitch

Newcastle Div 2 (H) D1-1 (1)

Southampton LCQF (A) D2-2 (2)

Brighton FAC4 (H) W2-1 (1)

Southampton LCQF® (H) W2-0 (1)

WBA Div 2 (A) D2-2 (1)

Stoke Div 2 (H) W2-0 (1)

WHU (LCSF1) (H) W6-0 (2)

Everton FAC5 (H) D2-2 (1)

10 in 8 consecutive games (2 pens)

Killen

Thurrock FAC1 (A) W1-0 (1)

Barnsley Div 2 (H) W3-2 (2)

Bradford Div 2 (A) W3-1 (1)

Hartlepool (LDV) W3-1 (1)

Orient (FAC2) W4-0 (3)

Chesterfield Div 2 (H) W4-1 (2)

10 in 6 competitive games (4 pens)

Killen was 2 games short of Stitch's record…although he scored 10 in 6 instead of 10 in 8, Stitch scored in EIGHT consecutive games and therefore holds the record.

While Killen didn't impress until his 3rd season, I can't understand why Moore didn't play Killen alongside Beckett as our 1st choice strikeforce? I would've thought that he was Moore's ideal type of striker and they worked well together at the back end of 04/05.

While Killen didn't impress until his 3rd season, I can't understand why Moore didn't play Killen alongside Beckett as our 1st choice strikeforce? I would've thought that he was Moore's ideal type of striker and they worked well together at the back end of 04/05.

Moore did play him and Beckett as his first-choice strikers and they scored 10 goals between them in the latter stages of the season to keep us up BUT the year after Killen was in and out of the team and out of favour as RM wanted to play 433 with Lidds, Warne and Porter to begin with. When Beckett was fit he preferred Porter to Killen to partner Beckett and there were also rumours (steadfastly refuted by SC) that Killen was not in the side due to bonuses due to player and City over appearances, goals etc… thus he joined Hibs towards the end of his deal…

Personally, I thought Killen was a decent target man but his injury problems meant most Latics fans never took to him, that and him being the remaining symbol of Moore's madness (silly salary, laughable goal bonus and payments just for putting his boots on the right feet etc..)

Rarely played and 'rarely scored', yet still holds/shares(?) the record for consecutive games scored in by a Latics player IIRC. Excellent player.

He was an excellent player for Oldham? :shock: No chance matey, I remember him saying when he signed he wanted to get 25 goals a season. Don''t think he got that in 4 seasons! Too inconsistent for me and injury prone. on his day he was Excellent but that was a Thursday we usually played on a Saturday! :grin: