Rip off !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is they only charge an extra £5 to get to Plymouth !!!!!!

Which in fairness is a fantastic price.

They must still have a minimum charge to get the coach out in the first place though whether its local, midlands or darn sarf..................... hence why £20 for Warsaw aint that bad!

Which in fairness is a fantastic price.

They must still have a minimum charge to get the coach out in the first place though whether its local, midlands or darn sarf..................... hence why £20 for Warsaw aint that bad!

It is a awesome price , so why charge nearly the same amount for a trip which is about 200 mile shorter ??

It is a awesome price , so why charge nearly the same amount for a trip which is about 200 mile shorter ??

Like I said there must be a minimum price regardless of distance. What is the price for Huddersfield? £10 or £12 I would guess at?????

The Huddersfield trip is less than 10 times shorter than Plymouth but they aint going to charge you £2.50 are they?

Yes it cost less to get to wallsall but if they don't get bums on seats, the overall cost per ticket rises. As most people don't fancy driving to Plymouth there and back, I would imagine that there would be more people than on the Walsall coach which is one of the easier grounds to get to by car.

1.) According to the AA its 88.5 miles from BP to Walsall's ground, that's a round trip of 177 miles. If you can do that for less than £20 in petrol I'd be impressed (not to mention running costs etc.)

2.) As its a Tuesday night the coach is going to struggle to get back to BP by 23:30 (maybe its extra after 11pm).

Incidentally I got the train back to Picadilly a few years ago from Bescot, even with my Young person's discount it was getting near £40 IIRC (pay on the day and only 1 way). £20 on a coach which probably isn't going to be full is good value. Interestingly, for a return from Manchester the cheapest fare is £31.10.

1.) According to the AA its 88.5 miles from BP to Walsall's ground, that's a round trip of 177 miles. If you can do that for less than £20 in petrol I'd be impressed (not to mention running costs etc.)

The Inland Revenue state the cost of running an average car to be 40p per mile, though it's probably time that was reviewed.

I'm staggered that you didn't look this up and inform the board (in brackets).

As his company car turned up today he may accept lower offers too!

Talking of cars, we are looking to upgrade from our Focus (sorry o4u!) as we have a little 'un who is getting bigger.

I think it boils down Mazda 5, Honda CRV or FRV (not sure as discontinued) Zafira. At a push Scenic, but it's Renault nuff said.

I like the look of C MAx and S max but they seema b it pricey,

Ideally able to go to 7 seats if poss or boot.

Mrs Singe does not want the car too wide as Kent seems to have half width car parking these days, we have a few dents.

Anyone any experience of these?

Or alternatives?

Cheers

Talking of cars, we are looking to upgrade from our Focus (sorry o4u!) as we have a little 'un who is getting bigger.

I think it boils down Mazda 5, Honda CRV or FRV (not sure as discontinued) Zafira. At a push Scenic, but it's Renault nuff said.

Mrs Singe does not want the car too wide as Kent seems to have half width car parking these days, we have a few dents.

Or alternatives?

Cheers

we've got a Zafira. it's fine but I wish we'd got a Nissan Pathfinder instead.

The Inland Revenue state the cost of running an average car to be 40p per mile, though it's probably time that was reviewed.

I'm staggered that you didn't look this up and inform the board (in brackets).

The AA actually have car running cost tables on their site. It all depends on purchase cost, fuel consumption and annual mileage if you want a cost per mile.

The Revenue rate has been the same since about 2001!

Or alternatives?

Cheers

We've got a Renault Megane Scenic Grande - pretty pants, crap fuel consumption and forever having issues with it. Technology is a wonderful thing but a reet pain in the arse sometimes. Wouldn't have another one given to us….(boot is massive) extra two seats in it are suitable for very small kids or the token Oompa Loompas in the family. Hand Brake is a silly switch that comes on automatically and goes off automatically. Keyless entry, card key system to start (posh push button start etc) Crap car though imo

Edited by oafcprozac