Does anyone want Smalley back?

So he's found a level he can score goals at. Good for him. I remain unconvinced he can do the same at this level, or at this club. I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong, but I doubt our finances mean he'll get a chance to do so.

sorry but dont exactly agree with u there crusoe as chesterfield are a good side and could quite easily beat oldham, the same goes with a few other league 2 clubs.

sorry but dont exactly agree with u there crusoe as chesterfield are a good side and could quite easily beat oldham, the same goes with a few other league 2 clubs.

That all depends on which side turns up! Top end of League one is far superior to anything in League Two and I know where my money i'd be

Chesterfield is Shez's mini Oldham judging by the amount of former players he has on the books there, Even Holdens got a place there now after the Shrews dumped him, Who will it be next? I wonder

Easily beat the team 6th in league one? We're there for a reason..

I don't think he meant easily beaten, he meant there are circumstances it is easy to envisage we could be beaten.

If we had to play Chesterfield (not that it can happen) then I would not be confident of beating them, hopeful yes, but not expecting.

So he's found a level he can score goals at. Good for him. I remain unconvinced he can do the same at this level, or at this club. I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong, but I doubt our finances mean he'll get a chance to do so.

That’s pretty much where I think I’m at with DS – I actually forgot he was still our player until his brace a few weeks back and SSN commentary said he was ‘on loan from Oldham’.

He has all the attributes that mean he should be able to make a very good living from the game; at our league level or even the one above – he has the physique, in that he’s tall, strong when he want to be, has a great spring & leap on him & is quick. He’s shown at times he has decent ability on the ball; with quick feet and a good touch, and he has found the net a few times for us; and now a fair bit for Chesterfield.

The downside is that a lot of what I typed above includes the pre-cursers of ‘a few times’ or ‘at times’ & ‘when he wants to be’.........and all that leads to my main criticism of DS; the one I’ve always had & the one things he can’t do anything about – I just don’t think he’s bright enough to realise that he has to give his all in every game; to train as hard as he can, to work on the deficiencies in his game........because if he did actually realise that; then he could be playing in the Championship right now; and not out on loan to League 2 with seemingly no future at our club. Shame as it looks increasing like another one to add to the listed of ‘didn’t deliver on potential’.