Does anyone want Smalley back?

As usual I swim against popular consensus, I think he could well do a job back here in the role that Taylor was doing up front. Smalley has shown glimpses as a winger and as a striker but excelled at neither so think his best position could well be in the hole.

If the trip to Chesterfield has done him some good and got him some fitness then I think he could slot right in to the team that Dickov has built, he's young, quick and hopefully added eager to his game. I've not seen his miss but we had two misses from 6 yards on Saturday, one of the lads that did that had already scored and the other has shown he can score from much further out.

If Smalley is still on our books come the end of the window there is no harm in giving him a run, Taylor did ok there, Feeney hasn't established himself there, Morais hasn't signed, Kelly has gone, Brooke is a bit part and that leaves only Alessandra as an alternative second striker.

Edited by beag_teeets

My Chesterfield supporting mate reckons he was awful when he first went there now thinks he looks the business.

A player who has got it all, Pace, finishing, good lucks, and invisibility blanket, good touch, size, strength (possibly).

Just needs to put it all together at some point.

Also thinks Lomax is very average.

My Chesterfield supporting mate reckons he was awful when he first went there now thinks he looks the business.

A player who has got it all, Pace, finishing, good lucks, and invisibility blanket, good touch, size, strength (possibly).

Just needs to put it all together at some point.

Also thinks Lomax is very average.

Leave Smalley at Chesterfield to see if he starts scoring goals - then bring him back as the finished article :wink:

No. He has a reasonable amount of skill and ability, however that isn't matched by his desire to acheive anything.

In other words..................... bone idle :grin:

yeah I hate to blame laziness because it's the easiest excuse in the terrace managers book but I think Smalley could of applied himself a lot more than he has done in his latter appearances for us