Reuben Reid

Thanks to Kev1969 for posting this in the transfer watch thread:

Anybody else heard about this guy?

West Bromwich Albion striker Ruben Reid is set to join Oldham Athletic.

The talented youngster has impressed on-loan at Walsall this season and his form has attracted interest from Blackpool.

The Daily Mail says Reid is on his way to Oldham today.

The striker is expected to sign on-loan for the remainder of the season

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/wes...-oldham-1409931

Baggies striker Reuben Reid is joining Oldham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...o=feeds-newsxml

Now this is interesting:

Walsall’s survival hopes today suffered a massive blow after top scorer Reuben Reid returned to Albion.

The six-goal striker’s five-month loan deal expired today and Albion are keen to cash in during the transfer window, with Reid’s contract up at the end of the season.

The rock-bottom Saddlers had made a move to keep the 22-year-old, who played in yesterday’s 4-1 League One defeat at Peterborough, until the end of the season but their offer has been rejected.

Reid made 21 appearances for the Saddlers since joining in August and scored on his debut in a 2-1 win over Plymouth.

But after two strikes in his first three games the striker struggled and his last goals came in a 2-0 FA Cup win over Fleetwood in November.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/walsal.../#ixzz1C88fiDWn

Surely we're not stumping up a nominal fee for him?

Edited by PlayItLivo

Not sure about that, but if anyone can get a player firing on all cylinders it PD

he knows where the net is which seems to our problem at the moment.

i just also want so say how good am i ? dickov was reading this board then saw me saying lets put morais up front.... than POW he scores playing up front :grin: LATICSLEE FOR MANAGER :wink:

i just also want so say how good am i ? dickov was reading this board then saw me saying lets put morais up front.... than POW he scores playing up front :grin: LATICSLEE FOR MANAGER :wink:

Im pritty sure when Morais arrived at the club he said he was a striker or a winger , dont think it took a genius to play him there :wink:

Hasn't PD tried everybody up front at some point! It's only a matter fo time before Brill gets his turn. :wink:

yes but everyone was arguing with me saying MORAIS IS NOT A STRIKER, because i said 5 - 6 times put him up front with tonk :D

what do you want a badge or something????

when he signed he said he can play out wide or up front...so yeah brilliance on your part and credit to dickov for reading your posts...

not sure about this reid bloke...not prolific as such but then again probably on a par with tonks....could it be he is struggling in a relegation threatened team and just needs to play in a team riding high on confidence and going for the playoffs....im sure dickov will do what is right

would be a brilliant signing if its true.

Yeah, I agree, but I'll be both surprised and pretty happy should we get him on a permanent. He's still young, has a lot of experience having been out on loan everywhere and is tried and tested at this level scoring goals for a team at the bottom. With the chances we create, could be a great opportunity to have a real go at those play-off places.

I just can't see WBA letting him go for a pittance though, can you?

Yeah, I agree, but I'll be both surprised and pretty happy should we get him on a permanent. He's still young, has a lot of experience having been out on loan everywhere and is tried and tested at this level scoring goals for a team at the bottom. With the chances we create, could be a great opportunity to have a real go at those play-off places.

I just can't see WBA letting him go for a pittance though, can you?

exactly if he can bang them in for a team down at the bottom, then he would easily bang them in playing for a team who is creating so many chances.

and f**k you to all you's who said morais aint a striker. :grin:

Hasn't PD tried everybody up front at some point! It's only a matter fo time before Brill gets his turn. :wink:

Brill did get his chance, last minute against Rochdale :wink:

Not reading to much into this so far, didn't Daily mail, Sun etc all report we was signed Jose Baxter from Everton on a season-long loan at start of season?

and f**k you to all you's who said morais aint a striker. :grin:

:blink:

I could understand you getting excited if you had said put Lee up front he will be a great striker and it worked ,

but it doesnt take a genius to know a guy who is already a striker/winger will play well up front

:blink:

I could understand you getting excited if you had said put Lee up front he will be a great striker and it worked ,

but it doesnt take a genius to know a guy who is already a striker/winger will play well up front

i am laughing at all the people who said he is not a striker and wont work.