latics v hartlepool

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Reid starts Saturday. His pace and ability gave Hartlepoo trouble the moment he came on. Tounkara was pretty ineffective and only worked to slow down our tempo. At Daggers at home we should look to blitz them with out pace. Reid through the middle for me. We don't need a target man at home.

I hope Reid starts Saturday. His pace and ability gave Hartlepoo trouble the moment he came on. Tounkara was pretty ineffective and only worked to slow down our tempo. At Daggers at home we should look to blitz them with out pace. Reid through the middle for me. We don't need a target man at home.

He pretty much created the first goal and what would have been our second if White hadn't hit the post. Every time he got the ball and ran at the Pool defence it created gaps elsewhere.

Reid offers something different but I'd want the opposition to have been bludgeoned by the wrecking ball first.

Reid's a bit wide isnt he? Still don't know how he managed to seemingly jump through their defender. Want Reid to start against Daggers, & i think Tonk should be on the bench on sat just to give him a small rest ready for Hudders.. obviously bringing him on with about 20-30 mins left though :grin:

He pretty much created the first goal and what would have been our second if White hadn't hit the post. Every time he got the ball and ran at the Pool defence it created gaps elsewhere.

Reid offers something different but I'd want the opposition to have been bludgeoned by the wrecking ball first.

I thought Tonk played pretty well last night against an out-house (& dirty) CB in Collins. He works tremendously hard, and up until now, we haven't really had any option on the bench to take him off when he looked to be tiring. He's a young lad in his 1st full season of 1st team football, and he's played a heck of a lot of games .

Reid now gives us that option.

If it's not happening for Tonk and /or he's tiring, Reuben Reid is an ideal replacement from the bench. But, right now, I like the formation of the big man / little man playing deeper in a free role.....and for now, for me, that's Tonk & Morais........and as long as Reid comes on scores, it's all gravy!

Mind, a front 2 of Tonk & Reid is enough to give most L1 CB's nightmare's!!!! :wink: