latics v hartlepool

Should have said hello mate, there was plenty! Was it you sat in front of me and the boy?

nope i was sat about 5 rows back if it was you...ny baseball cap on??? blue coat white stripe on front...

think he should keep same team for saturday...only change id make is reid on from start,far better first touch,good turn and hes away....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope i was sat about 5 rows back if it was you...ny baseball cap on??? blue coat white stripe on front...

think he should keep same team for saturday...only change id make is reid on from start,far better first touch,good turn and hes away....

Yeah brown NY cap and Blue coat - Reid looked really lively

Harsh on Trotman boys, way too harsh! He defended pretty well from where I was sat, and between him and Hazell we looked very solid. Great work defensively from the full-backs made for a good day of defending all round.

Think you are giving Taylor a bit too much kudos too. Not that he played poorly, but I thought at times that he could have been better served giving us som more width - not meant as a stinging criticism though because he had a pretty good evening.

Signing Morais should be a priority, we need to keep as much of this team together as possible because they have a real spark. Thought the midfield two were excellent despite it being pretty congested in the middle of the park and relatively little movement in front of them when they had it deep - but conditions were tough and they were athletic and big across the pitch.

All in all this is a great side to watch, I'm loving the committment that each and every one of them shows every week. Reid looked very sharp, Evina is a proper footballer and a great addition too. Really like the whole team celebrations and was loving Hazell's enthusiasm after Reid got his goal - maligned for being a bit of a stump but he loves it and that counts for an awful lot.

This division is there for the taking, and our squad looks as strong as any I've seen at the club for ages. Bringing on Reid, Jones and Feeney? That says to me that we have options, and we have so much pace and skill in this team that we really could beat anyone.

Overall a really good night, and a massively impressive win against a team who are difficult to look good against. First half here and the performance at Brentford suggests that we are toughening up a little, so hopefully Carlisle was a blip.

If we had another couple of thousand through the gates things would be rosy!

Agree with that.......beginning to see a very good partnership at the back with Rubes and Trotters.

Happy with all aspects of the game tonight...............and with regard to signing Morais up for the rest of the season.........I'm sure the club are doing what they can do under the circumstances

After what happen in January's transfer window, I have complete faith in Simon Corney's dedication to this club..........I am sure he speaks to Dickov often and has seen first hand the performances of Morias - therefore I am confident if the signing was possible he would be trying to make it happen.

Edited by Chadbarmy

Supremely confident win tonight. A win which clearly looked like a team on top of their game, who rode the little bit of pressure they had to deal with well and even at 2-0 and 3-0 kept going forward in the persuit of more goals. How many times have we seen us try and shut up shop with a couple of goals to the good.

Morais though... what an enigma. Absolutely wonderful tonight, slightly soured by his idiotic booking and further test of the referees patience with the silly trying-to--pick-the-ball-up-but-nudging-it-with-his-foot routine, hilarious as it was. What a player, looked a constant threat and when he picks the ball up and runs with it, you sense the whole crowd lift. I love you Phillipe Morais.

Quiet heroes tonight. Evina capped a lovely performance with a goal, Stephens and Furman kept our tempo hot in midfield and Keiran Lee even toasted a good showing with a little bit of showboaty fancy footwork towards the end. Such a throughoughly satisfying performance, which had we bagged the sitters could have been 6 or 7 quite easily. Oh, a small mention for Paul Murray too. Thought he had a decent game to be fair to them, the only player for them who looked close to coping with our high tempo attacking football.

This team really are getting my hopes up and I have a neverending nagging feeling that a blip or a string of bad defeats will put an end to it all. Hell, let's just enjoy the ride for now.

I'm a big fan of a midfielder coming to take the ball off the defenders and saying "It's tight, but I'll have it."

:lol:

I was worried about Taylor's state of mind tonight after the transfer window but I needn't have bothered.

That kid would run through walls for Paul Dickov right now.

I do want Morais tied down to a contract though. He's the nut that could come loose and it would be a crying shame if he jumped ship for a better offer.

That's got to be our biggest win for a good while as well hasn't it? Good to see we're starting to turn chances into goals.

Unfortunately I can't make it on Saturday so Huddersfield away's my next game. It promises to be a cracker...

Biggest win since beating Hereford 4-0 at BP on Sunday 12th October 2008

Excellent win and a good performance.

Always looked dangerous going forward and Hartlepool offered very little to worry us.

Unfortunately other results didn't go our way but all we can do is keep picking up points.

Fantastic strike from Evina for the third goal, he really got hold of that.

Fantastic strike from Evina for the third goal, he really got hold of that.

I must have blinked.

He was lining up the shot and the next I knew it was in the net.

No idea if it went top corner, middle of the goal, through the keeper's midriff. Must have really shifted from boot to net though!

I must have blinked.

He was lining up the shot and the next I knew it was in the net.

No idea if it went top corner, middle of the goal, through the keeper's midriff. Must have really shifted from boot to net though!

Yeah, it was just literally in the blink of an eye one touch to control and then bang.

Shame about the very poor crowd as well, less than 3,000 Latics fans to witness a 4-0 win, pitiful.

amazing win last night Im still buzzing :grin:

Evina had a great game , sorry Blacky get used to the bench if Evina is turning them performances in , Did they even have a right winger playing ? not sure if it was because Evina marked him out of the game or just because he was crap but Evina had so much space every attack,

Morais- bums out of seat player ! cant remember a player for ages who has had that spark in a Latics shirt , his best position is definately in the hole , he drifts in and out of the game on the flank.

and to the old guys sat around me when we was 3-0 up going "oh no im nervous remember Exeter Latics" <<< SHUTUP ! :grin:

Cant believe Soton scored a late equaliser thought we was 4th :(

Role on Daggers !!

amazing win last night Im still buzzing :grin:

Evina had a great game , sorry Blacky get used to the bench if Evina is turning them performances in , Did they even have a right winger playing ? not sure if it was because Evina marked him out of the game or just because he was crap but Evina had so much space every attack,

Morais- bums out of seat player ! cant remember a player for ages who has had that spark in a Latics shirt , his best position is definately in the hole , he drifts in and out of the game on the flank.

and to the old guys sat around me when we was 3-0 up going "oh no im nervous remember Exeter Latics" <<< SHUTUP ! :grin:

Cant believe Soton scored a late equaliser thought we was 4th :(

Role on Daggers !!

Until Evina has a bad game, he has had a couple and Black has come back in and done well until he too comes up against a player or manager that tests the boy's development. That's the thing with young players, they have peaks and troughs and we are lucky to have 2 good young kids fighting for the left back slot.

:lol:

I was worried about Taylor's state of mind tonight after the transfer window but I needn't have bothered.

That kid would run through walls for Paul Dickov right now.I do want Morais tied down to a contract though. He's the nut that could come loose and it would be a crying shame if he jumped ship for a better offer.

Indeed. And whilst he isn't our captain, he's definately PD's "go to" man on the pitch. Sit right near the benches in the paddock, and PD is constantly talkig to Taylor and telling him instructions for other players, for Taylor to pass on.

Snippet from last night:

PD - 'Tayls; tell Dale to keep the temp high and look forwards.....'

Taylor - I already told him

PD -' well f&*king tell him again coz he's not doing it'.

-----------------------

I think we look a good side at the moment - we have genuine pace all around the side, from the full-backs right through to the strikers........we have attack minded wingers who look to take on a man & beat them, we have a cracking battling CM in Furman, we have a cult hero battering ram of striker in Tonk, and we have an 'enigma player' in Morais..........added to some quality additions brought in the transfer window.

Its just a shame that there are so few of there at the moment to watch what is going on.......