latics v hartlepool

Good report Prozac, isn't a cross/shot a bit of a disservice to Cedric though? Looked a plain 'smashed into the top corner from 25 yards' from where I was sat!

Tad disappointed with Trotters - I'd have hoped he'd be a bit more refined on the ball these days. Looked dozy once or twice too.

Morais is absolutely evil.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good report Prozac, isn't a cross/shot a bit of a disservice to Cedric though? Looked a plain 'smashed into the top corner from 25 yards' from where I was sat!

Tad disappointed with Trotters - I'd have hoped he'd be a bit more refined on the ball these days. Looked dozy once or twice too.

Possibly :wink:

Poolie Fishal Report

Dont want to sound like im moaning after a top night at BP but, whilst trotters defended well enough, everytime he had the ball it resulted in a hoof upfield to nobody, or out of play.

Just back from a very satisfying night at BP. First-half was a bit scrappy, all our best work came wide and strangely enough the goal and the chance that we hit the post with both came from Tonk's runs down the left. The early goal was just what we needed but the conditions were difficult and Collins their no. 5 should have headed an undeserved equaliser, that was the only real time they threatened. Second-Half a defensive blunder allowed Morais to wreak havoc, the ball was switched to the Ginger Ninja who walloped home an instant second. From then on we hardly broke sweat, Morais was excellent, Lee marked the usually superb Monkhouse out of the game and the third goal was sublime, Evina hitting a smashing cross-shot after a speedy break - again we switched the ball quickly across the park and Evina drove a rocket of a cross-shot into the net. Reid was rightly brought on for Tonk next and should have scored with his first touch but to be the fair the keeper made a smart save low to his right. Late on a free-kick was half-cleared played back in and Reid scored with an emphatic header. All in all a great night - disappointing to hear about Peterborough, Charlton and Southampton's late goals but we're in the top 6 on merit and I see the Daggers had a thumping win on tonight so it could be a goalfeast on Saturday.

Amos - Being treated for hypothermia - 6

Lee - Excellent all night, one dodgy slip but kept the ever-dangerous Monkhouse quiet - 8

Rubes - He was excellent tonight and quite vocal at times - 8

Trotman - Looked to have switched off a few times which could have caused trouble - 6

Evina - Defended well, linked up well with Taylor and White, wonderful goal - 8

Furman - Usual busy performance won a lot of loose and second balls - 7

Morais - Take back my reservations, this lad is a match-winner superb player sign him up!!! My joint MOM 9

Stephens - Excellent at times, sloppy at others, but worked hard when we didn't have the ball - 7

White - This lad has the knack of being in the right place at the right time just by drifting in at the back post and he's cashed in woith 3 of his 4 goals that way so far - 7

Taylor - Our Talisman, took him a few minutes to get going but he's added responsibility to hi game, he wants to be involved and wants to run the show. Superb Joint MOM 9

Tonk - Looked a handful in the first-half, looked to have ran out of steam and looked lethargic at times but then offers a burst of pace. Collins won most of the headers against him - 6 1/2

Subs:

Reid - Looked lively, could have and maybe should have doubled his tally to a brace, with the early miss. But will score goals - 7

Feeney - Busy, wanted to be involved - 6

Jones - Didn't have too much time to impress - 6

It's about time we gave the Monkey Hangers a pasting, what a shame it was watched by such a pathetic (but very loyal and grateful crowd)

crowd was pathetic.but considering were at home on satdy understandable...

ref...loved himself and had obviously borrowed his eyes from somewhere else...

after the emphatic cave in of saturday i was well pleased we finally got a 3rd and then finished them off...could of been 5 or 6 easily....some very slick passing and some great hit em on the break....still dont understand why stephens has to try 80 yard hero passes rather than keep it simple,but there ya go...

also 4 to prozac..didnt share his flask at half time.lol

crowd was pathetic.but considering were at home on satdy understandable...

ref...loved himself and had obviously borrowed his eyes from somewhere else...

after the emphatic cave in of saturday i was well pleased we finally got a 3rd and then finished them off...could of been 5 or 6 easily....some very slick passing and some great hit em on the break....still dont understand why stephens has to try 80 yard hero passes rather than keep it simple,but there ya go...

also 4 to prozac..didnt share his flask at half time.lol

Should have said hello mate, there was plenty! Was it you sat in front of me and the boy?

if results like this won't get the crowds back, i dont know what will.

first half was alright, good goal but we didnt play as well as we can. we got the goals in the second half, attacked well, good to watch and it was comfortable.

amos had one save to make and apart from that must have been freezing -6

lee had a great first half, good second half and kept monkhouse out of the game - 7

trotman and hazell headed everything away and stopped their hoofball -6 each

evina didnt do much in the first half but scored a great goal and got a great assist -8

white scored a decent goal, should have had two, looked shattered when he got taken off -7

furman did his usual, didnt lose much bossed the midfield - 7

stephens is getting back to his good form, good pass to find evina - 7

taylor scored a good goal, drifted in and out but when he was in, he had a good game - 7

tounkara was as good as he was against brentford, didnt have a shot but took the defenders all over the pitch - 7

morais needs to get signed up fast. we've got players like morais, taylor, white, tounkara and now reid who all look like they can change a game on their own -8

reid looks good, good goal, maybe could have had another. defences will sh!t themselves if he ever plays alongside tounkara - 7

feeney is a good sub to bring on with experience - 5

jones was only brought on cos he played for hartlepool wasnt he? -5

was tyhat really the side that played southampton. we need to get as many stayaways to BP on saturday because if we can win 4-0 without really playing on the top of our game, we're a match for anyone

Amos - Nowt to do - 6

Lee - solid, kept their winger out of the game - 8

Rubes - again solid - 8

Trotman - a few lapses in concentration, and aimless hoofs upfield all night, but defended well - 6

Evina - My new first choice left back, and a cracking goal and cross for reid - 8

Furman - a few nice tackles to break up counter attacks- 7

Morais - Superb, a class above - 9

Stephens - doesnt do much running but pulls the strings in CM and was always an out ball for us - 7

White - great pace and as prozac said, seems to be in the right place at the right time - 8

Taylor - first half he was ok, second half he was immense - 9

Tonk - chased lots of lost causes and put pressure on the defenders - 7

Harsh on Trotman boys, way too harsh! He defended pretty well from where I was sat, and between him and Hazell we looked very solid. Great work defensively from the full-backs made for a good day of defending all round.

Think you are giving Taylor a bit too much kudos too. Not that he played poorly, but I thought at times that he could have been better served giving us som more width - not meant as a stinging criticism though because he had a pretty good evening.

Signing Morais should be a priority, we need to keep as much of this team together as possible because they have a real spark. Thought the midfield two were excellent despite it being pretty congested in the middle of the park and relatively little movement in front of them when they had it deep - but conditions were tough and they were athletic and big across the pitch.

All in all this is a great side to watch, I'm loving the committment that each and every one of them shows every week. Reid looked very sharp, Evina is a proper footballer and a great addition too. Really like the whole team celebrations and was loving Hazell's enthusiasm after Reid got his goal - maligned for being a bit of a stump but he loves it and that counts for an awful lot.

This division is there for the taking, and our squad looks as strong as any I've seen at the club for ages. Bringing on Reid, Jones and Feeney? That says to me that we have options, and we have so much pace and skill in this team that we really could beat anyone.

Overall a really good night, and a massively impressive win against a team who are difficult to look good against. First half here and the performance at Brentford suggests that we are toughening up a little, so hopefully Carlisle was a blip.

If we had another couple of thousand through the gates things would be rosy!

the third goal was sublime, Evina hitting a smashing cross-shot after a speedy break - again we switched the ball quickly across the park and Evina drove a rocket of a cross-shot into the net.

I don't think you're doing the goal justice there mate :lol:

Barcelona-esque quickfire defence splitting passing rounded off by a thunderous shot after Evinas timely arrival from fullback

When your fullbacks are finishing off moves like that you're going up :grin:

104 from Hartlepuddle.

So marginally more than the population of Luxembourg.

was in a bar that showed sky sports- ugh! -west brom v wigan.

told the barman , who was irish that i wanted to see the latics score, and he said ah john sheridan, here's my laptop -so followed it from there.

That was quite simply awesome to watch.

Our movement within a unit is sublime at times.

I know more than most what its like to be brassy in the wallet, but for all those people who shelled out week in week out under the penney days to watch the dross that was served up I command you to part with your hard earned as I believe "Its on" this season and regardless of where we finish this team will give you commitment, skill and as morais showed us with their number 11 tonight, entertainment!

Class performance.

Biggest gripe tonight though= Main stand uppers= when we have possesion and are passing the ball around at ease at the back, please stop gasping. This is a footballing team we have now. Believe in what they are doing instead of thinking the worst.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

Class performance.

Biggest gripe tonight though= Main stand uppers= when we have possesion and are passing the ball around at ease at the back, please stop gasping. This is a footballing team we have now. Believe in what they are doing instead of thinking the worst.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I thought I was the only one who could hear this. The prick next to me seemed to want us to resort to hoof ball.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I thought I was the only one who could hear this. The prick next to me seemed to want us to resort to hoof ball.

Then was up cheering after a good passing move resulted in a goal. The sort of passing he berates at every opportunity.

Idiot.