Playershare

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought, how would it look desperate ? Away fans won't see it will they? There not going to donate to use to get a new player are they, all our home fans know about it so how does it show we are desperate?

I never said that money boxes were desperate. I said that bucket collections were desperate. If you go back to page one of this thread, you'll see my response on money boxes/collection tins/whatever receptacle you wish to us.

OK so, context:

Me & zero's saying we're entitled to not go but still carry an opinion

You and TMA saying we're not entitled to that opinion

So far this is debate, no issue from me - you're entitled to the opinion we're not entitled to one (see what I did there?)

Then:

My post - I'm too poor to go Latics

TMA - Aww, look at those who can't go getting defensive

To me that's mocking. I don't expect or want an apology, don't worry. I just found it mocking in tone (google the definition, it's mocking I assure you).

That's it, not going to lose sleep over it. Just wasn't going to let it pass without comment.

@Takemeanywhere - that's not the same thing and you know it. I'm a fan of the New Jersey Devils (been once in my life), the Manchester Phoenix (been once in two years), Oldham Athletic (5 times in a season and a half)... just because I don't go does not diminish my love for those teams or my entitlement to care or use the term "we".

That's complete and total toss.

This is the post to which I was responding. Where in it does it state your reason for hardly attending?

Also, my post said people who 'don't' go, not people who 'can't'. Nice attempt to distort things though.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

I just thought, how would it look desperate ? Away fans won't see it will they? There not going to donate to use to get a new player are they, all our home fans know about it so how does it show we are desperate?

Just set up a direct debit ... simples!!!

That seems to be the focus of the player scheme. Why piss around with buckets, time counting out all the coppers, then banking£30/40 a match.

Time is best spent fousing on getting people to set up DD and therefore getting a regular amount month by month. That is exactly what the team running the scheme are doing.

Buckets collections, even in times of desperation, are a token gesters that simply makes people believe they are helping the cause ... when infact they do little. Move on!!

Looking desperate to home fans is more important than looking desperate to away fans though.

You need confidence in the air and that will not be the case if people think we're begging for money (no matter how accurate that assumption is) when they come to watch us.

But how could he do that without going?

He couldn't, I took as his answer if he went he might be more likely to check some money in.

That is where I assserted he might have come across as speaking for everyone that does not go. But he has a valid point, it might.

Of course others have pointed out chucking 50p in once may mean no more contributions from some people who claim they have contributed.

I'd rather have that sort of discusssion than who is the biggest fan and you can only be a fan if you saw Norwich at home.

He could hardly answer every post. IfI went, but I don't, although did once this season, so that gives me a right to an opnion, and it is x can he though can he. He has been clear he does not go, hes a big boy, his choice, he is capable of fighting his own battles.

He couldn't, I took as his answer if he went he might be more likely to check some money in.

That is where I assserted he might have come across as speaking for everyone that does not go. But he has a valid point, it might.

Of course others have pointed out chucking 50p in once may mean no more contributions from some people who claim they have contributed.

I'd rather have that sort of discusssion than who is the biggest fan and you can only be a fan if you saw Norwich at home.

He could hardly answer every post. IfI went, but I don't, although did once this season, so that gives me a right to an opnion, and it is x can he though can he. He has been clear he does not go, hes a big boy, his choice, he is capable of fighting his own battles.

That was the only point I wanted to make...

First Norwich was example I used.

But the point you make there shows what a stupid idea it is. People who don't go might aswell set up a direct debit.

People who want to contribute do by dd people who don't don't it's simple as that.

I'm going to stop repeating myself because it boring me now, if you don't go bp you don't go but don't come on here moaning about finances and the state of the club when your the main :censored:ing culprits for it!

End of.

Lee... You need to understand the finances within a football club before you go blaming the lapsed fans for its down fall. The club lost buckets of money when I came... It is losing buckets of money while i am not going. If you REALLY think lapsed fans are the main culprits then I suggest you are very very wide of the mark.

Take a look at other football clubs with bigger crowds AND bigger debt to realise that you are just plain wrong.

Lee... You need to understand the finances within a football club before you go blaming the lapsed fans for its down fall. The club lost buckets of money when I came... It is losing buckets of money while i am not going. If you REALLY think lapsed fans are the main culprits then I suggest you are very very wide of the mark.

Take a look at other football clubs with bigger crowds AND bigger debt to realise that you are just plain wrong.

Ok so fans not going latics dosnt have a Impact on the clubs finances ?

Less crowd smaller budget then won't be able to afford a team worthy of challenging then sooner or later delegation then so on and so on.

Fans coming to games clearly have an impact.

You know that statement isn't right, go on, admit it. That certainly isn't the way to go about getting fans back into the fold, and before you ask, I don't know either. If I did, I'd be on the Board of Directors. Do you see?

I really don't know where you come up with the things you say! Less fans at games less finances for the club how si ple you want it!