Playershare

Don't know weather or not its been suggested before... but how about we have some playershare donation money boxes in the ground next to the pie/beer stalls (ppl chuck loose change in there) and also next to the till in the club shop.

Edited by robboman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A similar suggestion was refuted on the grounds that the PlayerShare scheme didn't want to appear to be desperate.

Which is something I agree with. Advertise it in programs, and make people aware of it, but the only time we should be collecting in buckets etc is when we're bottom of the barrel and scraping to survive. Hopefully, we'll never be in that position again.

As I said on the other thread. PM me if you want to make a matchday donation (yes Zorro, I will provide a receipt).

Buckets do suggest desperation and that is not a route we want to go down. Moneyboxes would be a nice touch and I'm sure that we'd get a few quid in them but the administration of it and, sadly, the potential for them to be 'liberated' just make it unviable. To me, anyway.

i like that idea. i would be more likely to put a bit of change in a box

That's the problem, I think people would be more likely to put change in a box, when the scheme needs a weekly or monthly commitment from it's contributors to be viable. It's harder to get people to donate this way, but at least the scheme is easily measurable, where as off hand donations might be good one month and then a month ike December comes along, no games and nothing is put into the scheme and you really can't judge or predict how future months will pan out. That's why I agree with the way it currently works, it might be advertised better, even integrated into season ticket sales next year or something (optional on behalf of the buyer), I don't know. But commitment through a consistent monthly/weekly donation is definitely the way forward rather than having to rely on spontaneous donations, because lets face it, when you donate to something once it's easy to slip into "I've done my part" mentality and not donate again.

Edited by PlayItLivo

How about having a bit of a canvassing promotion whereby reps of the scheme could visit pubs near the ground (Clayton Green / White Hart etc) and see if people are interested. Explain scheme in more detail and provide leaflets for signing up. Also they could set up in the ground to promote it to those fans who just go into the ground. (Mental note to self to sign up!!!)

Rather than collection buckets, PlayerShare fund raising events/nights could be a better idea. That way it can be promoted and made available to a wider audience and possibly raise money from Non-Latics supporters within the Oldham area.

How about having a bit of a canvassing promotion whereby reps of the scheme could visit pubs near the ground (Clayton Green / White Hart etc) and see if people are interested. Explain scheme in more detail and provide leaflets for signing up. Also they could set up in the ground to promote it to those fans who just go into the ground. (Mental note to self to sign up!!!)

Rather than collection buckets, PlayerShare fund raising events/nights could be a better idea. That way it can be promoted and made available to a wider audience and possibly raise money from Non-Latics supporters within the Oldham area.

Any club event should have a member on hand to give a 5 minute explanation prepared with registration forms...from personal experience it usually just that 2 minute hassle of finding your bank card and putting in your details that Poole never get round to doing it. Not the actual parting with money. I have been meaning to sign up for the last 2 weeks and keep forgetting!

We could have a line up of Fegie, Chris Moore and Ronnie moore on the pitch.

Get them to do a lap round the pitch and all coins thrown goes towards the players wages.

Fooking brilliant idea, I know.

Seriously though, this is a great idea.

Doubt Hardy would turn this down after the Man Citeh legends day.

Edited by SholverBlue

All good ideas.

We did all of that the first two home games of the season. Sadly, there were only three willing volunteers, so we couldn't cover everywhere we would've liked.

If people are willing to get involved in that kind of thing, please let me know. We are putting a new leaflet together, which will be ready in time for the Peterborough game on the 26th February and we're planning a big push on that day. Any help will be very gratefully received.

In the meantime, I have a load of standing order forms, so if anybody wants a handful to hand to friends/people you sit near, let me know.

The 'Meet The Gaffer' night in December was a Playershare night and raised £305 plus the new subscribers we got on the night. More events are in the pipeline, so watch this space...

:petesake:

Well that was helpful and constructive...

But the thing is, there's a large part of me that thinks you've only posted in favour of the bucket collection idea once we've said that we're definitely not doing it, because you are, in my opinion, the most argumentative person I have ever had the misfortune to encounter on any internet messageboard.

You've said that you're not going to attend games in the near future. You've also said that you'd be more likely to throw money in a bucket than subscribe to the scheme, so that adds up to the fact that you have no intention of donating, in the near future. So, frankly, I'm not particularly bothered what you consider to be a good idea.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

All good ideas.

We did all of that the first two home games of the season. Sadly, there were only three willing volunteers, so we couldn't cover everywhere we would've liked.

If people are willing to get involved in that kind of thing, please let me know. We are putting a new leaflet together, which will be ready in time for the Peterborough game on the 26th February and we're planning a big push on that day. Any help will be very gratefully received.

Not entirely true!

But the thing is, there's a large part of me that thinks you've only posted in favour of the bucket collection idea once we've said that we're definitely not doing it, because you are, in my opinion, the most argumentative person I have ever had the misfortune to encounter an any internet messageboard.

You've said that you're not going to attend games in the near future. You've also said that you'd be more likely to throw money in a bucket than subscribe to the scheme, so that adds up to the fact that you have no intention of donating, in the near future. So, frankly, I'm not particularly bothered what you consider to be a good idea.

Its just my opinion... Take or leave it.. Your clearly going to leave it which is fair enough.

Its just my opinion... Take or leave it.. Your clearly going to leave it which is fair enough.

Your posting history is littered with games you would have attended / schemes you would have put into......if only it wasn't.......(insert condition that prevents you from committing). You don't like having it pointed out to you, but maybe you should take a look at what you post and think about how your attitude to the club and those that support it week in and week out comes across?