Playershare

A lot of other peoples come across like that and worse to me... but hey ho... what do you want from me ? I offer my opinion, take it or leave it... I certainly haven't attempted to do what you suggest in this thread... Yet I am still getting a kick in for speaking...

Like I said you have every right to an opinion, agree take it or leave it. You asked why are peple getting upset with you, I offered an explanation. You can also take it or leave it.

I have no issue with you posting at all.

I think that some people are frustrated that you do not go to games, and cannot understand why.

I fully understand the fatherly responsiblity, I don't understand the trips away at key times. But none of my business.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is the WHOLE thing... It is nail missed and thumb smashed...

We pay the players FAR too much... We spend more than we bring in... We have done it on MUCH bigger crowds than we have at the moment. So if you think me not going is the real problem then you are so wide of the mark.

Please stop using the word 'we'. I wouldn't use the word 'we' about a shop I never go in.

But I speak for many of fans if the players show some spirit and actually show they tried then I don't mind a loss along as we have had a go. But then how would you know that's the case without actually being there ?

I just explained it to you above... A loss would and still does gut me regardless... Like wise a win makes me smile...

Edited by oafc0000

@Singe - Year/Season - I meant the same thing mate. Basically I've not been to a game this season. So Zeros' is actually ahead of me in that regard. And I'm sure as hell entitled to my opinion, no matter what Barry may say.

@Latics Lee - Just because I don't pay my money on the turnstile at BP doesn't negate my ability to assess and comment on the financial state of the club. I have limited time and resources and I'd prefer to spend the money I have elsewhere. I don't tell you how to spend your resources you're sure as hell not going to tell me how to spend mine.

@Latics Lee again - I feel happy when we win, sad when we loose and tense when it's 1-0 Latics going into the last minute. Like Zero's I fail to see your point!?

@Takemeanywhere - that's not the same thing and you know it. I'm a fan of the New Jersey Devils (been once in my life), the Manchester Phoenix (been once in two years), Oldham Athletic (5 times in a season and a half)... just because I don't go does not diminish my love for those teams or my entitlement to care or use the term "we".

That's complete and total toss.

This is just getting childish now...

Probably. I would put you on 'ignore' but people always quote what you have said.

In the same way that I have no interest in your opinions on a scheme you have no intention of subscribing to, I also have no interest in your daily musings on the financial state of a club you no longer 'grace' with your presence.

Probably. I would put you on 'ignore' but people always quote what you have said.

In the same way that I have no interest in your opinions on a scheme you have no intention of subscribing to, I also have no interest in your daily musings on the financial state of a club you no longer 'grace' with your presence.

You seem to be responding a lot to something you are not interested in TMA!

@Takemeanywhere - that's not the same thing and you know it. I'm a fan of the New Jersey Devils (been once in my life), the Manchester Phoenix (been once in two years), Oldham Athletic (5 times in a season and a half)... just because I don't go does not diminish my love for those teams or my entitlement to care or use the term "we".

That's complete and total toss.

Aww, look at the ones who don't go getting all defensive.

But you were talking about expressing disappointment, to which elation would be mutually exclusive in the basic emotions of a football supporter. Either which can be triggered on hearing a goal going in, either way.

I'm not going to repeat myself if you want to chat about it thn come see me in my usual place where I am EVERY home game top of the rre right next to away fans and we can talk.

Norwich city at home last season perfect example,

We got beat 1-0 but showed a bit of gut and determination and may a say some passion. The response from fans was positive because we actually tried.

But you wouldnt know about the performance if you wasn't there.

Lee, you can get emotive about Latics scores and games without going. LEt me assure you on that point. You ask Mrs sige what I am like when we lose.

You would be perfectly right to say you get more emotive at games, but you are not saying that it seems to me. You are saying if you don't go to games you can't get emotive about Oldham?

That's ridiculous.

How many fans go to every game home and away.

Lee, you can get emotive about Latics scores and games without going. LEt me assure you on that point. You ask Mrs sige what I am like when we lose.

You would be perfectly right to say you get more emotive at games, but you are not saying that it seems to me. You are saying if you don't go to games you can't get emotive about Oldham?

That's ridiculous.

How many fans go to every game home and away.

Singe I'm saying you can have emotion about the scoreline but in my opinion you carnt say really much more about it.

Back to my example Norwich city at home disappointing loss but a very good performance but you wouldn't know that unless you was there.

Aww, look at the ones who don't go getting all defensive.

I didn't want to be accused of editing to make someone look daft, so I've removed my response for swearing and re-replied.

I take great offense at the tone here. You're basically mocking me for being too poor to attend Latics games. You wonder why there's a bad atmosphere at games? Why people don't like coming to BP anymore? Because a great swathe of people there carry similar narrow minded views as you.

I didn't want to be accused of editing to make someone look daft, so I've removed my response for swearing and re-replied.

I take great offense at the tone here. You're basically mocking me for being too poor to attend Latics games. You wonder why there's a bad atmosphere at games? Why people don't like coming to BP anymore? Because a great swathe of people there carry similar narrow minded views as you.

If have just read the thread again and please show me where someone has mocked you for being too "poor" to go latics?

Singe I'm saying you can have emotion about the scoreline but in my opinion you carnt say really much more about it.

Back to my example Norwich city at home disappointing loss but a very good performance but you wouldn't know that unless you was there.

I think we agree you can get emotional about Latics without going, I think we agree you are more likely to get emotional if you go.

You'll never find me getting into discussion or commenting much about players.

The reason I am defending 0000 is that he was not commenting on the game or player, he was commenting on the fact he'd chuck change in a bucket rather than set upa standing order. Whats wrong wit that, it might mean the club put some containers out (Agree Buckets are desperate)

Strikes me it was some epple using it to have a dig at 0000 for their own pleasure. I don't include you in that.

He didn't it was take me anywhere's comment about Aww Look at those who don't go getting all defensive.

Aye. Which had nowt to do with a person's financial standing. If offence was taken then there's little I can do about that and I certainly won't be apologising for something I didn't say.

If have just read the thread again and please show me where someone has mocked you for being too "poor" to go latics?

Well, when he said "Aww" at the beginning of his sentence is incredibly mocking. It's not complex really, is it? (that's mocking too, see? So's that... you get the idea).

I think we agree you can get emotional about Latics without going, I think we agree you are more likely to get emotional if you go.

You'll never find me getting into discussion or commenting much about players.

The reason I am defending 0000 is that he was not commenting on the game or player, he was commenting on the fact he'd chuck change in a bucket rather than set upa standing order. Whats wrong wit that, it might mean the club put some containers out (Agree Buckets are desperate)

Strikes me it was some epple using it to have a dig at 0000 for their own pleasure. I don't include you in that.

But how could he do that without going?