Areas for a New Stadium in Oldham

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Hollinwood Gas Works site. alongside the M60 and next to the tram stop/ main bus routes and surrounded by pubs and eating places. OMBC would like a gateway project for the toen..here it is.

I did mention this to AH but he said it was rejected because the land was contamaminted... but it is a big site and may well be 30 acres +.

Yup certainly was, although look at it this way.

Those against the Failsworth move were continually told 'there is no other 30 acre site in oldham', and at the later consultations, there was a list of numerous sites and reasons as to why a new stadium could not be built there.

If the council come along with another large site in Oldham that can accomodate a development, then thats not exactly going to come across well after giving it all the 'there is nowhere else its failsworth or bust' talk.

true, they will be accused of being more incompatent than they already are, or maybe they should just hold there hands up

How about demolishing the Civic Centre and Queen Elizabeth Hall and shifting Charlie, his execs and all the councillors to portacabins on the Lanacaster club site while a new stadium is built slap bang in the town centre ? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

The old Hollinwood Gas Works site. alongside the M60 and next to the tram stop/ main bus routes and surrounded by pubs and eating places. OMBC would like a gateway project for the toen..here it is.

I did mention this to AH but he said it was rejected because the land was contamaminted... but it is a big site and may well be 30 acres +.

No NIMBY's either, but it is seemingly a no-goer...

So sell all the land at boundary park for housing, giving Simon his capital to build the stadium. Then build leisure facilities at Lancaster site. A cinema, a bowling alley, eateries such as frankie and bennys, a gym, a travelodge..... Fill the land we have got with money generating facilities, and use the profits to 'self sustain' the new boundary park - in Derker or hollinwood or Higginshaw or at mumps or at matalan.....

It's been asked enough times, by me, by Ed, by plenty of people. Do the leisure facilities and the stadium have to be at the same site? They could be on the moon for all I care as long a the money generated by them is used to pay the week to week running costs of the stadium!

So sell all the land at boundary park for housing, giving Simon his capital to build the stadium. Then build leisure facilities at Lancaster site. A cinema, a bowling alley, eateries such as frankie and bennys, a gym, a travelodge..... Fill the land we have got with money generating facilities, and use the profits to 'self sustain' the new boundary park - in Derker or hollinwood or Higginshaw or at mumps or at matalan.....

It's been asked enough times, by me, by Ed, by plenty of people. Do the leisure facilities and the stadium have to be at the same site? They could be on the moon for all I care as long a the money generated by them is used to pay the week to week running costs of the stadium!

We have little hope of answering your question...

Even just looking at the Failsworth "proposal"... All we knew we was going to get out of it was a "stadium"... Nothing else had been committed to and we had absolutely no idea about what extra facilities would end up on the site or more importantly how the money from these facilities would be divided up between OAFC and other parties.

Before we try to answers questions like can we split the facilities locations... We need to actually know what the Failsworth proposal actually was. We actually know very little about it. The same questions remained over Oldham Arena.

Lot of people talking about facilities funding the club... My guess was only the facilities in the Stadium such as conferencing and maybe the pub rental would be coming in the club. Other developments would of been for the benefits of others. But wbo know... seen nothing concreate ...

How do we end up owning a stadium we had no money to build ?

Edited by oafc0000

yup...in an ideal situation they would all be built on the same site either adjoining or adjacent to the ground...all for one and one for all purpose...but if finding this elusive 30 acre site proves nigh on impossible..i wouldnt want to cash in my lot at lancaster club for less than paid for....so thats why i say if it was me id develop the land to leisure and get the income rolling in...

at the end of the day ther eis land out there available,whether it be derelict or built on....its irrelevant..the council just has to rehouse any buisness with a like for like premises and they can do as they please....

greengate,massive massive site.....could get the lot done,and you would have extra people from middleton moston using the leisure facilities as there is nothing on the door step...

salmon fileds...rehouse buinesses and flatten the land,build the lot there....

alexandra buisness park....flatten the lot,see if you can flatten the eyesore mill.....use carefull planning and build it all there....

broadway fields.....a bit marshy ans has sewerage tunnel there..but put it all underground and you could build the lot there as well....

derker ...nothing there anymore....

there must be a list somewhere of owned council land,with whats available or what they own...

We have little hope of answering your question...

Even just looking at the Failsworth "proposal"... All we knew we was going to get out of it was a "stadium"... Nothing else had been committed to and we had absolutely no idea about what extra facilities would end up on the site or more importantly how the money from these facilities would be divided up between OAFC and other parties.

Before we try to answers questions like can we split the facilities locations... We need to actually know what the Failsworth proposal actually was. We actually know very little about it. The same questions remained over Oldham Arena.

Lot of people talking about facilities funding the club... My guess was only the facilities in the Stadium such as conferencing and maybe the pub rental would be coming in the club. Other developments would of been for the benefits of others. But wbo know... seen nothing concreate ...

How do we end up owning a stadium we had no money to build ?

the plan for failsworth was...

lancaster club land to be made into full size football pitches and also 3g five a side pitches,bringing in income 7 days a week...]

the land the council were renting us was going to house the stadium with conferencing and the possibility of a cinema and eateries....and also possibly office space as well...

the plan for failsworth was...

lancaster club land to be made into full size football pitches and also 3g five a side pitches,bringing in income 7 days a week...]

the land the council were renting us was going to house the stadium with conferencing and the possibility of a cinema and eateries....and also possibly office space as well...

and who was getting what money from what ?

We haven't a clue really...

The use of the world possible shows further we haven't a clue what we was getting...

There will be reasons why they want one site which has 30 acres etc...

Edited by oafc0000

The use of the world possible shows further we haven't a clue what we was getting...

the club was getting the money....

it was proposed like that so it would pay for itself and be self suffient and not have to rely on crowds at games....

There will be reasons why they want one site which has 30 acres etc...

the reason being to house everything they want in one place....ie what failsworth was going to provide....the use of the word possibly was because even hardy n corney said at the time..the basics will be the footy pitches conferencing and corporate facilities....office space could be provided in the corners if they were filled in...a cinema was also another possible as was bowling alley etc..but until the plans were finalised it wasnt definate...

the club was getting the money....

it was proposed like that so it would pay for itself and be self suffient and not have to rely on crowds at games....

Personally have never seen a single quote that backs this up. To me it is a massive assumption a lot of people are making.

Blitz owns the BP land... Sells it for £xxxx amount... build latics all these wonderful things and OAFC get all the profits ? Very doubtful....

I have seen one quote from the question... Who will own the "Stadium" and the answer was OAFC... That dosent say we own the rest...

the reason being to house everything they want in one place....ie what failsworth was going to provide....the use of the word possibly was because even hardy n corney said at the time..the basics will be the footy pitches conferencing and corporate facilities....office space could be provided in the corners if they were filled in...a cinema was also another possible as was bowling alley etc..but until the plans were finalised it wasnt definate...

I am presuming we get the profits from anything within the stadium... Doubt there would be space for a cinema etc... I would presume offices and conferencing and a pub is what we would expect in the end.. and what we will get profits from... The plans hinted at this...

Anything external would not be owned or give profits to the club. Otherwise, how does Blitz make money ?

All guesses... Would be nice if he took the time to take interest in us again and maybe tell us his plans and we wouldnt have to guess.

Edited by oafc0000

Personally have never seen a single quote that backs this up. To me it is a massive assumption a lot of people are making.

Blitz owns the BP land... Sells it for £xxxx amount... build latics all these wonderful things and OAFC get all the profits ? Very doubtful....

I have seen one quote from the question... Who will own the "Stadium" and the answer was OAFC... That dosent say we own the rest...

I agree.

The actual workings of the scheme have never been detailed as far as I'm aware. Just a load of assumptions.

whats your issue with blitz????? you seem to have a right bee in your bonnett over him...

the board of directors bought the land..in the guise of a different company name.....the land that bp sits on was being sold for 20 million..the new ground was costing 20 million....once up and running with income coming in....and hopefully playing in a higher league,the owners would look to sell,which would be a much better proposition for someone as opposed to the situation were in now....

blitz has said many many times he will not call in his loans.....

whats your issue with blitz????? you seem to have a right bee in your bonnett over him...

the board of directors bought the land..in the guise of a different company name.....the land that bp sits on was being sold for 20 million..the new ground was costing 20 million....once up and running with income coming in....and hopefully playing in a higher league,the owners would look to sell,which would be a much better proposition for someone as opposed to the situation were in now....

blitz has said many many times he will not call in his loans.....

No issue with Blitz at all.... I haven't got a bee in my bonnett... I am simply asking questions on what the plans are ?

Why do you think I have an "issue" with him ?

Edited by oafc0000