Carlisle game £2 Admission for EVERYONE

another S/T holder here and it doesn't bother me one jot the price they charge others.

I hope they do it for a few more game this season and get the crowd the team deserves.

This is the best idea to get stayaway fans back and hopefully happy to pay the £20 when they do come back !!!

Edited by losesome

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a season ticket and I'm more than happy for the club to run this type of offer.

However, why did they choose the Carlisle game? Historically, they've always brought a decent following (as we're the second closest team in the division for them!) and the loss of £18 per fan is going to take some making up. Even on a cold Tuesday night I'd expect at least 600 to make the journey (they brought 791 last season) so we're a possible £9,000 down immediately.

Would they have not been better off applying the offer to the Peterborough game on 26/02/10 or even the televised Tranmere match in March?

I've got a season ticket and I'm more than happy for the club to run this type of offer.

However, why did they choose the Carlisle game? Historically, they've always brought a decent following (as we're the second closest team in the division for them!) and the loss of £18 per fan is going to take some making up. Even on a cold Tuesday night I'd expect at least 600 to make the journey (they brought 791 last season) so we're a possible £9,000 down immediately.

Would they have not been better off applying the offer to the Peterborough game on 26/02/10 or even the televised Tranmere match in March?

Probably because they are hoping local businesses will underwrite the loss, so why not go for it now.

They may have other ideas lined up too. The Tranmere game is the key one - real opportunity there.

Probably because they are hoping local businesses will underwrite the loss, so why not go for it now.

They may have other ideas lined up too. The Tranmere game is the key one - real opportunity there.

the game is pay on the gate which should hopefully attract more people on the night. tickets will be pre-sold for the main stand upper only.

the carlisle game was chosen for a couple of reasons, first one to get an instant lift and hope it has a knock on effect for the rest of the season...another reason is that the Champions League games start on TV soon, and always have an effect on attendances

i appreciate everyones thoughts on the idea, it has taken quite a lot of organising and local businesses have put their money where their mouths are in a difficult economic climate

we just really hope that people respond in good numbers which will give us a boost in the coming weeks

thanks

martin thomas

the game is pay on the gate which should hopefully attract more people on the night. tickets will be pre-sold for the main stand upper only.

the carlisle game was chosen for a couple of reasons, first one to get an instant lift and hope it has a knock on effect for the rest of the season...another reason is that the Champions League games start on TV soon, and always have an effect on attendances

i appreciate everyones thoughts on the idea, it has taken quite a lot of organising and local businesses have put their money where their mouths are in a difficult economic climate

we just really hope that people respond in good numbers which will give us a boost in the coming weeks

thanks

martin thomas

Thank you for your proactive effort in pulling this together Martin - good work!

Fair play with the offer. First time I've had a season ticket this year in a few years and have taken up the offers of cheap tickets when I aint had a book so I wouldn't be in any position to grumble.

Somebody taking 'my' seat's not an issue either because I don't know where it is.

Fair play with the offer. First time I've had a season ticket this year in a few years and have taken up the offers of cheap tickets when I aint had a book so I wouldn't be in any position to grumble.

Somebody taking 'my' seat's not an issue either because I don't know where it is.

if there is a problem you just say its your seat show them your season ticket with seat number etc on and there you go they have no room to argue. if they do slap them :grin:

if there is a problem you just say its your seat show them your season ticket with seat number etc on and there you go they have no room to argue. if they do slap them :grin:

The Wovles FA Cup replay: Bloke sat in the seat I had the ticket for - said he was a season ticket holder and it was his - I politely responded by showing him my ticket - he stood up - despite being 6 foot tall I looked up at his chin, then thought it wise to sit behind a pillar instead.

Despite the pillar, I cannot believe we didn't get a penalty for a trip of Porter.

The offer needs extensive advertising, its not enough for it to be shown on the OS and in the Chron, the club must widen their horizons.

Oldham Advertiser?

Dallas Gazette?

Email the dataase?

(Could owtb email it's database of 6,000+ members)?

Bolton Evening News?

Fan led online viral marketing (already on MoneySavingExpert and HotUKDeals)?

Text messages?

ITV during Coronation Street?

Are there any active Oldham web sites (or are they all dormant with out of date adverts on them for firms that crashed 2 years ago)?

Where do you suggest? Doing "more" isn't always cost effective - so what specific cost effective marketing needs doing?

Well targeted press releases may get some national press recognition.

Oldham Advertiser?

Dallas Gazette?

Email the dataase?

Bolton Evening News?

Text messages?

Are there any active Oldham web sites (or are they all dormant with out of date adverts on them for firms that crashed 2 years ago)?

Where do you suggest? Doing "more" isn't always cost effective - so what specific cost effective marketing needs doing?

A flippant reply to a genuine suggestion - just give up then should then we and keep it in house for OS and Chron readers only ?

It is up to the clubs marketing department to broaden the horizons, they might well be trying to do so and I will look out for any further developments.

A flippant reply to a genuine suggestion - just give up then should then we and keep it in house for OS and Chron readers only ?

It is up to the clubs marketing department to broaden the horizons, they might well be trying to do so and I will look out for any further developments.

While there were flippant suggestions within, many were more than genuine. Does owtb have a mandate to market?

I didn't mean to offend. But any marketing needs to identify the best way to reach lapsed supporters and potential new ones.

It's easy to say "market it better". But what does that look like?

And how big is the club's marketing department these days?

Oldham Advertiser?

Dallas Gazette?

Email the dataase?

Bolton Evening News?

Text messages?

I did mention earlier in the thread something regarding posters around the town. Either somebody more skilled than I could produce something that people could download and put up round the town, where they work, their local etc, or the club could have one produced for people to download and print for the same purpose. That would raise awareness at little (possibly no) cost to the club.

While there were flippant suggestions within, many were more than genuine. Does owtb have a mandate to market?

I didn't mean to offend. But any marketing needs to identify the best way to reach lapsed supporters and potential new ones.

It's easy to say "market it better". But what does that look like?

And how big is the club's marketing department these days?

There were some good suggestions, we will see if the club take any on board.

The Manchester Evening News, Tameside Reporter and local BBC and ITV news would help spread the good news a bit further.

The Wovles FA Cup replay: Bloke sat in the seat I had the ticket for - said he was a season ticket holder and it was his - I politely responded by showing him my ticket - he stood up - despite being 6 foot tall I looked up at his chin, then thought it wise to sit behind a pillar instead.

Despite the pillar, I cannot believe we didn't get a penalty for a trip of Porter.

cup match its different. you have paid for the seat for every league home game. so know matter what know one should be sat in the seat.

we will only get around 5,000 anyway so you will be fine.