Carlisle game £2 Admission for EVERYONE

£2 Admission

A fantastic move. Will hopefully get lots of fans in the ground.

I just wish I hadn't bought my ticket back in December for £17 with the intention of going then! :ranting::grin:

EDIT: Didn't see the refund part at the bottom of the article. Which is also excellent. I don't think I'll bother getting it though.

Edited by Macca

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£2 Admission

I just wish I hadn't bought my ticket back in December for £17 with the intention of going then! :ranting::grin:

EDIT: Didn't see the refund part at the bottom of the article. Which is also excellent. I don't think I'll bother getting it though.

Feck it, we're going bust anyway, let's go bust in a blaze of glory!

£2 Admission

booooo working 2-10 that week,bloody typical.....but big well done for getting this done,midweek game might bring a few out the woodwork....no doubt season ticket holders wont be happy.

booooo working 2-10 that week,bloody typical.....but big well done for getting this done,midweek game might bring a few out the woodwork....no doubt season ticket holders wont be happy.

This one is. I'm going anyway and would much rather be amongst a big crowd than another 3,000 gate, like last Tuesday. How much other people have paid is of no concern to me.

£2 Admission

Great move and a really good oppurtunity to bring along those people that won't normally come with you because they scoff at the price. Good chance to bring back some lapsed fans too who still havent been tempted back. Fingers crossed we see some of our better football that we've seen earlier in the season ala 1st half Huddersfield etc.

Lets hope this time around instead of "£2 for that :censored:e? no way am i paying £20 to see them play again" which i bet happened when they did this under Penney's tenure and instead they'll be saying "Thats not bad that, i wouldnt mind paying £20 for that for one more/multiple/rest of the games this season".

Edited by Oafc88

As a ST holder, I honestly can't see that (I could be wrong) but surely everyone appreciates how dire things are, and the need to get a decent crowd. Might help Carlisle bring a few more too hopefully.

Honestly...not fussed!

Think its a great idea, all the money goes to the club whether it be my £13 per game (or what ever it is) or the £2 that rest will be paying!

be good to see BP 'full' again...

out of interest anyone recall how full bp was a couple of years ago when hillstones did the same thing over xmas? i wasnt at either and cant remember what the turnout was

Dec '06

9,321 v Brighton

10,207 v Northampton

The similar offer v Exeter saw 6,230 extract their arses to BP...

I'm a season ticket holder and would suggest all that can should fill their boots with this offer, doesn't bother me in the slightest. I go to Latics to have a beer with my mate and shout at the opposition!

its really good to hear this from season ticket holders...

i am of the opinion when i was a season ticket holder,you pay in advance so thats it,end of.....but i used to hear all sorts of moaning and groaning over..oh i paid 15 to watch this they only pay £2 and dont even know the players names....

so big well done...glad to see most of us are finally singing from the same hymn sheet.

Dec '06

9,321 v Brighton

10,207 v Northampton

The similar offer v Exeter saw 6,230 extract their arses to BP...

I haven't actually read the article because i'm really lazy, but I hope the club are doing everything they can to market this game now. The more people take up the offer, the more likely we are to have some come back and pay full price in the future. Whilst we have a good team playing good football this sort of thing is a great way to get lapsed fans back on a regular basis.

No doubt some ST holders will be bothered(but they have no valid reason to complain, they get a much bigger saving other the season aswell as vouchers for club shop etc), but great to see an offer being promoted, and the club should do more than just advertise it in the chron each night - get posters stuck up in the town centre, get it on the billboard at top of sheepfoot lane, see if shops will put up posters in their shop windows etc..

its really good to hear this from season ticket holders...

i am of the opinion when i was a season ticket holder,you pay in advance so thats it,end of.....but i used to hear all sorts of moaning and groaning over..oh i paid 15 to watch this they only pay £2 and dont even know the players names....

so big well done...glad to see most of us are finally singing from the same hymn sheet.

I think that's partly because we really are down to the hardcore 3000 now who are much more interested in the club doing well than saving a couple of quid for themselves. Hopefulyy this will see the attendances rise again though, need a good performance from the team against Carlisle though.

No doubt some ST holders will be bothered(but they have no valid reason to complain, they get a much bigger saving other the season aswell as vouchers for club shop etc), but great to see an offer being promoted, and the club should do more than just advertise it in the chron each night - get posters stuck up in the town centre, get it on the billboard at top of sheepfoot lane, see if shops will put up posters in their shop windows etc..

Is there anything to stop US doing this as fans?

I hope the caterers have been informed to make sure they have extra stock in at kiosks, they'll be hell to pay if i dont get my pie!!! :grin: It would be good if we could not only show we have things right on the pitch but are able to at least provide a decent selection of foods at half time instead of running out, like we usually seem to do in our better attended games!

I'm not all that bothered about the comparison with season tickets as I got mine over xmas thinking I'd see enough games for it to be worthwhile and have a voucher for any play-off games, mid-week games are games that unless something comes up I'm not likely to make so don't normally bother. However, I think my Dad could persuade one or two of his mates to go if he tells them its only £2 and that is the point.