CARLISLE- THE REAL TEST OF SUPPORT

And then the Trust wonders why it is considered a club of insiders and not representative of the fans?

If he doesn't go regularly he doesn't go. It doesn't make him any less entitiled to an opinion. It doesn't make him any less entitled to care.

I really hope that the next "Trust Director" of whatever organisation decides to spunk £250k on putting a puppet on the board is a little more open to the people, a little more politically correct and chooses someone who understands their role, someone who galvanizes rather than divides opinion.

I am sorry Barry, and I know that you try, but, on here, you are petulant at best, usually divisive and other times offensive. This is our hour of need, this is your time to make a difference yet you continue to have a pop at those who don't attend rather than encouraging them.

How can he do that when OAFC0000 stated that he has no intention of going ?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrot?

£2 entry, team playing well, attractive football....

EDIT : Chance to help give a future to the club allegedly supported..

You've both spectacularly missed the point.

That's one person. What about the others? Stick or carrot? Stick clearly doesn't work.

And never will.

A business has to create a desire in the customer to trade with them.

While some may say that football is different, it really isn't.

"It's people not shopping at Woolworths that are destroying the company" - yeah, that made me want to shop there! I scavanged on the leftovers in the closing down sale. Cut price Fitz Hall anybody?

Edited by opinions4u

I had planned to write something in response. However, I ask you this. Go back read, my post, look at what Zorro wrote and think about it. Oldham Athletic is bigger than me, it is bigger than you, it is bigger than OAFC0000, it is bigger than a one-off £2 entry scheme and it is bigger than Barry Owen. There is one person in that list who fails to recognise this...

[Clue - it isn't you]

I had planned to write something in response. However, I ask you this. Go back read, my post, look at what Zorro wrote and think about it. Oldham Athletic is bigger than me, it is bigger than you, it is bigger than OAFC0000, it is bigger than a one-off £2 entry scheme and it is bigger than Barry Owen. There is one person in that list who fails to recognise this...

[Clue - it isn't you]

Well I know it isn't me :)

And never will.

A business has to create a desire in the customer to trade with them.

While some may say that football is different, it really isn't.

"It's people not shopping at Woolworths that are destroying the company" - yeah, that made me want to shop there! I scavanged on the leftovers in the closing down sale. Cut price Fitz Hall anybody?

Human psychology is human psychology.

Edit: I'd be happy to give anyone lessons for a donation to playershare :wink:

Edited by maddog

i sometimes wonder if Barry really does mean well but just doesn't know how to talk to people in any way other than down to them after so many years as a copper

anyway, his telling off has only been recieved by people on here who were either going to take up the offer and still will or can't for their own reasons

provided he doesn't export his bull in a china shop routine out there to the masses this generous offer should still hopefully be taken up enthusiastically by as many as possible

Saturday or Tuesday it's a great gesture and huge thanks should go to those financing it

Simply not true... I don't post on the games and performances of the players - how could I ?... I do post on other matters which come up... Obviously the eb and flow of those things changes...

To suggest I only comment on negative things is a joke. I could point out a number of posts over the last week where I have praised positive things... £2 deal being the most obvious one...

if you read what i put, you would of noticed it said normally..

and over the last week.. what a great base in which to prove something..

also nice to see in another thread you posting dont see the point in playershare..