Huddersfield - Latics Post Match Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad that ones over for another year, now lets watch 1500 of them crawl back under their duvet and leave the real fans to carry on following latics at the less appealing bristol and mk!

Perhaps some can't afford the additional expense and time of a longer journey.

Doesn't stop them being real fans.

glad that ones over for another year, now lets watch 1500 of them crawl back under their duvet and leave the real fans to carry on following latics at the less appealing bristol and mk!

Yeh i hate when more people go to games. How dare they go to a game close to home and then not travel for hours a couple of weeks later spending money/time they may not have on petrol/travel costs etc. You think people who turn up at BP every week don't go to every single away game because they don't give a :censored:?

Cock.

Yeh i hate when more people go to games. How dare they go to a game close to home and then not travel for hours a couple of weeks later spending money/time they may not have on petrol/travel costs etc. You think people who turn up at BP every week don't go to every single away game because they don't give a :censored:?

Cock.

here here!!

I go to every home game an away when i can - I was going to Bristol but have been asked to work saturday morning to fill in for a work colleague

i'm so not a real fan.....

Edited by shefflatic

what a bellknocker! I go to every home game, and maybe two aways a year, Hudds being one of them, sorry for not being a "real fan" like yourself, maybe Latics could do without fans like me, so the hardcore like yourself could have BP to yourself, all 300 of you.

My quick take:

Alan Lee is 6ft2, 15 stone - but soft as sh1te. A simply disgraceful 'performance' from him. Throwing himself around, diving, play-acting and trying to get fellow professionals sent off; well - shocking. I was glad LC subbed him; as I had a horrible feeling he was going to throw himself to ground in the penalty area and, once again, the ref would fall for it.

We got dragged into playing a hoof-ball game by them. I take it as a massive compliement to us; as LC clearly sent his side out to not play 'on the deck' football against us; after what happened in our home game. It's just a shame we could rise above it and play our own stuff; because we're not a Hoof team and that cllearly showed as we offered little playing that way.

Evina & Lee played it spot on for me; up against 2 very good wingers in Pilkington & Roberts - top stuff lads.

It's a cracking point when all is said & done - and it keeps us in the Play-off places and still in th hunt.

Hudds fans on the way out were as knowledgable, un-biased and modest as I expected them to be; in that they were none of those; clowns- what a set of goons they have. Special mention to the Knuckle dragger sat in the left hand home stand - chap in the 40's, on his own, who was warned at least 2 times by a copper to stop with his macho bravado......outside the ground trying to square up to one of ours; a flap cap wearing 60+ year old - impressive; too many Danny Dyre films me thinks.

4 points taken from side with; i'd guess 4 or 5 times our budget; maybe more - not bad that is it? Roll on Tuesday and 3 more points hopefully.

Interesting takes on yesterday from the posts I've read.

However, I see it slightly differently view and believe that we actually changed tactics to suit the personel available and Huddersfields own recent change of formation.

Witn Stephens not available, and on the basis we were going with a 4-4-2, PD had the choice of playing either Taylor or Jones along side Furman. He could have chosen to match up in midfield and gone 4-5-1, but that would probably have stiffled the game even further. So you go with either Jones with a view of more containment and looking to take a draw or Taylor, where the emphasis is on getting the ball forward quicker to OT and RR who have good ball retention with Taylor pushing on to pick up the lay offs looking to nick a goal and all 3 points.

Huddersfields recent change of formation has seen them unbeaten this year and the moving of White to the left to track back and help Evina against the threat of Pilkington was I believe the preferred option as Morais does not track to the same extent.

To me the tactics are yet another sign of PD's growing maturity in the role and not to be underestimated. It also seems that not only is there a plan B each game, but a plan C, D, E etc. Sometimes it comes off others times it doesn't.

It's no co-incidence that only Brighton have lost less games than we have

I cannot believe no one as mentioned how the Hudds players consistantly mobbed the ref at every available opportunity. From start to finish they sort to intimidate the referee and that must come with the managers blessing. Sure he had a mare of a game but it certainly wasn't one sided. What's all this 'poor Alan Lee' crap from our Hudds vistors? he went dowm like a sack of spuds at the slightest contact, hell he even throw himself into Trotters on more than one occasion to fall down!. Yeah it's a better ground than ours......................well there's a surprise, ours is like their old Leeds road ground but I'll tell ya what Yorkshire folk, your playing surface isn't, and that's where it counts.

I wasn't impressed with the Hudds performance one jot, yes they are hoof merchants and what disappointed me was that Latics copied the style far too often. Yet we got a point so you could say job done and yes I'd have taken that at the start of play providing we put away the Dagger's of this world at home prior. Made me piss the Hudds crowd at half time booing the ref after all the falling down on the floor got them free kicks. Perhaps they'd have been better booing their players and Clark for the imtimadatory tatics. The record this season shows if we get Hudds in the play off's book the day off for Old Trafford.

What, you think all our fans can afford to get to every single away game? I know I certainly can't. I have to pick and choose the ones that are more affordable. I'm sure it's the same for a lot who were there on Saturday. Does that make us any less of a fan than you? I doubt it.

Can Dickov join the list?

Harry, I know he's only had twenty something games in charge, but the answer is absolutely YES.

If we'd put that performance in away at a Premiership side in the FA Cup, I'd have been delighted. While I've expressed my frustration at us not getting it on the floor more on Saturday - and when we did we were very good, at the end of the day I think we created the two best chances of the game despite giving them a lot of the ball.

While there are distractions around new grounds and no BP next season etc, Blitz wanting his money back through developing BP needs to take a step back for a moment. After 8 years of trying, he appears to have a manager who can motivate a bunch of low paid youngsters to die for the cause. He appears to have a manager who can learn from mistakes and improve his team tactically. He appears to have a manager who could deliver three key things:

1) Lower cost base for the playing staff.

2) Much greater potential to succeed from the play-offs.

3) More youngsters on the pitch who, if tied to proper contracts, could be sold off at one a season to plug any gap in the finances.

TTA have been patient to a point. Invest in Dickov and the rewards could be so much richer for all their business interests in Oldham. More patience Mr Blitz. You've got a winner on board in Paul Dickov.

Edited by opinions4u

I'd rather have more at home than away ! who cares about people not going every away game its the home games what really matters !

Rivalry is one thing but I can't believe some of the stuff written on here about Saturday's match - I really can't! Typically I suppose, the language used clearly indicates the intellect of the author/s who write such overtly biased :censored:e.

Personally, I've no grievance whatsoever against your team, you came and did 'a job' on us and fair play to your lads for that. In fact, we expected little else given the importance of the game but to accuse of us of diving and cheating is utter rubbish. Especially as the treatment that Alan Lee got from your two centre backs (without any protection from the match officials) was nothing short of scandalous. As for him throwing himself on the ground, are you saying he injured himself when he needed five stitches in the head? I know Alan's been in football a long time and he knows a trick or two but if you believe he is nothing but honest you're totally twisted.

Basically, it was a game where there was no quarter asked and none given but if your asking questions of our lads what about Chris Taylor? I know the lad's a passionate Oldham fan and therefore plays with his heart on his sleeve but why does he ruin his excellent reputation by faking injury, conning the ref and constantly trying to get players booked?

As I say, I've no problem with your team but I feel I should defend some of our lads. No doubt you wish, as we do, we'd had enough knowhow to beat you on Saturday but stupid comments regarding our players and our fans is bloody pathetic! To be honest I thought Oldham Athletic fans were more realistic and honest than that.

Rant Over! Have a nice day!

AceT.

Edited by Acetripper

Personally, I've no grievance whatsoever against your team, you came and did 'a job' on us and fair play to your lads for that. In fact, we expected little else given the importance of the game but to accuse of us of diving and cheating is utter rubbish. Especially as the treatment that Alan Lee got from your two centre backs (without any protection from the match officials) was nothing short of scandalous. As for him throwing himself on the ground, are you saying he injured himself when he needed five stitches in the head? I know Alan's been in football a long time and he knows a trick or two but if you believe he is nothing but honest you're totally twisted.
Lee was soft throughout.

Basically, it was a game where there was no quarter asked and none given but if your asking questions of our lads what about Chris Taylor? I know the lad's a passionate Oldham fan and therefore plays with his heart on his sleeve but why does he ruin his excellent reputation by faking injury, conning the ref and constantly trying to get players booked?
Taylor's soft. But somebody did a job on him to injure him.

Rant Over! Have a nice day!
You too. See you at Old Trafford.

what a bellknocker! I go to every home game, and maybe two aways a year, Hudds being one of them, sorry for not being a "real fan" like yourself, maybe Latics could do without fans like me, so the hardcore like yourself could have BP to yourself, all 300 of you.

I'm the same, every home game and couple of aways, nowt wrong with that.

What utter bollocks. I am a season ticket holder who cant afford to go to more than 5 or 6 aways................ does that make me not a "real fan"?

:clown:

You on drugs? :lol:

we're all biased towards our own team but you're taking being blinkered to a new extreme if you're denying your players were throwing themselves all over the place, not just on Saturday but in the game at BP aswell.

Chris Taylor does it for us on occassion and it's embarassing, I hate it.

we're all biased towards our own team but you're taking being blinkered to a new extreme if you're denying your players were throwing themselves all over the place, not just on Saturday but in the game at BP aswell.

Chris Taylor does it for us on occassion and it's embarassing, I hate it.

We just don't like players kicking ours.

It's not a contact sport any more, whether we like it or not - it isn't. The problem was the match officials were stuck back in the dark ages too and hardly spoke to players about their conduct! - All we needed when playing a team who were always going to ruff us up! :grin:

It's not a contact sport any more, whether we like it or not - it isn't. The problem was the match officials were stuck back in the dark ages too and hardly spoke to players about their conduct! - All we needed when playing a team who were always going to ruff us up! :grin:

for your softies maybe but its well and truly old school with our lot which is how its should be !

I cannot believe no one as mentioned how the Hudds players consistantly mobbed the ref at every available opportunity. From start to finish they sort to intimidate the referee and that must come with the managers blessing. Sure he had a mare of a game but it certainly wasn't one sided. What's all this 'poor Alan Lee' crap from our Hudds vistors? he went dowm like a sack of spuds at the slightest contact, hell he even throw himself into Trotters on more than one occasion to fall down!. Yeah it's a better ground than ours......................well there's a surprise, ours is like their old Leeds road ground but I'll tell ya what Yorkshire folk, your playing surface isn't, and that's where it counts.

I wasn't impressed with the Hudds performance one jot, yes they are hoof merchants and what disappointed me was that Latics copied the style far too often. Yet we got a point so you could say job done and yes I'd have taken that at the start of play providing we put away the Dagger's of this world at home prior. Made me piss the Hudds crowd at half time booing the ref after all the falling down on the floor got them free kicks. Perhaps they'd have been better booing their players and Clark for the imtimadatory tatics. The record this season shows if we get Hudds in the play off's book the day off for Old Trafford.

:lol:

Which Town players were mobbing the ref?

The 'poor Alan Lee' crap, comes from him being fouled more often than not... all I can assume is that because you saw it happening repeatedly and no punishment being issued, you assumed that he was diving.

The playing surface was excellent... it's February and it's entirely playable, we're also one of the few clubs that haven't postponed a home match yet.

You turned us into hoof merchants; you've set your stall out to stop us playing twice. It worked at BP, and with help from the officials, it worked on Saturday.

We were booing the ref at half time as to put a cherry on top of all the ridiculous decisions through the half. He missed Lee being dragged down by your defender whilst Pilkington was taking the ball down the wing and we were two on two. I'm sure in your blinkered view that Lee dived to try and get your player sent off... who would want to score anyway?!

This forum has some good posters on it, but some absolute dross written. Particularly in the other thread about us being better off the field than you, in which there are so many untrue statements about Town.

i'd love for us to rough teams up

Which Town players were mobbing the ref?

The 'poor Alan Lee' crap, comes from him being fouled more often than not... all I can assume is that because you saw it happening repeatedly and no punishment being issued, you assumed that he was diving.

The playing surface was excellent... it's February and it's entirely playable, we're also one of the few clubs that haven't postponed a home match yet.

You turned us into hoof merchants; you've set your stall out to stop us playing twice. It worked at BP, and with help from the officials, it worked on Saturday.

We were booing the ref at half time as to put a cherry on top of all the ridiculous decisions through the half. He missed Lee being dragged down by your defender whilst Pilkington was taking the ball down the wing and we were two on two. I'm sure in your blinkered view that Lee dived to try and get your player sent off... who would want to score anyway?!

This forum has some good posters on it, but some absolute dross written. Particularly in the other thread about us being better off the field than you, in which there are so many untrue statements about Town.

to be fair we ripped you apart back at BP