Huddersfield - Latics Post Match Thread

We just don't like players kicking ours.

It's not a contact sport any more, whether we like it or not - it isn't. The problem was the match officials were stuck back in the dark ages too and hardly spoke to players about their conduct! - All we needed when playing a team who were always going to ruff us up! :grin:

Please!

I assume you don't mind the likes of Alan Lee swinging his elbows about in the face of defenders everytime he has his back to goal though? It's no wonder defenders get pissed off with him. It might help his cause if he actually tried jumping in to aerial challenges instead of backing in or forcing defenders to jump over the top of him as he seems to steadfastly refuse to actually leave the turf.

Taylor is embarrassing when he does his dying swan thing, and I really wish he'd pack it in, but the delight some of your fans seem to have taken in Peltier deliberately taking a player out is actually rather sickening and I reckon it says quite a lot about some of your lot.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did rip us apart, but taking our wingers out of the gane and making us play you at your game, which you beat us at.

did we though ? no we didnt at boundary park we outplayed you at football and you couldnt cope with us the pace and power of us on that day. the fact your kepper got MOTM told the story its self to be honest.

Taylor is embarrassing when he does his dying swan thing, and I really wish he'd pack it in, but the delight some of your fans seem to have taken in Peltier deliberately taking a player out is actually rather sickening and I reckon it says quite a lot about some of your lot.

Peltier didn't deliberately take him out. He won the ball.

Karma's a bitch; if you're going to pretend to be injured to try and get players booked all afternoon, don't expect people not to see the irony when you genuinely do get injured.

did we though ? no we didnt at boundary park we outplayed you at football and you couldnt cope with us the pace and power of us on that day. the fact your kepper got MOTM told the story its self to be honest.

Yes. As you had players doubling up on our wingers. Which meant we resorted to hoofing it long, and your defence swallowed up every hoof. When you attacked, you directed it straight down our centre, which was too much for us to handle.

Yes. As you had players doubling up on our wingers. Which meant we resorted to hoofing it long, and your defence swallowed up every hoof. When you attacked, you directed it straight down our centre, which was too much for us to handle.

Sorry about that we will keep it down the flanks for you in future :blink:

Peltier didn't deliberately take him out. He won the ball.

Karma's a bitch; if you're going to pretend to be injured to try and get players booked all afternoon, don't expect people not to see the irony when you genuinely do get injured.

He won a ball which was already out of play due to Mr Incompetent giving a foul against Cedric Evina for cleanly winning a 50/50 ball. Peltier knew full well what he was doing, so don't give me that bollocks.

Sorry about that we will keep it down the flanks for you in future :blink:

This place is pathetic, and it's getting boring. Where did I say you weren't allowed to play it through the middle? You beat us fair and square at BP by stemming our biggest threat, which are our wingers.

He won a ball which was already out of play due to Mr Incompetent giving a foul against Cedric Evina for cleanly winning a 50/50 ball. Peltier knew full well what he was doing, so don't give me that bollocks.

Sorry, clearly my mind reading skills aren't up to your standard.

This place is pathetic, and it's getting boring. Where did I say you weren't allowed to play it through the middle? You beat us fair and square at BP by stemming our biggest threat, which are our wingers.

Do one then. You are becoming boring...................... get back to your sister :grin:

Sorry, clearly my mind reading skills aren't up to your standard.

Oh right yeah, I thought than when you said that Peltier didn't deliberately take Taylor out, I assumed you'd been round and actually had a chat with him just to get clarification, like.

You sound like one of those 15,000 who were crying and bleating every 20 seconds about something the referee did or didn't do. It amazes me everytime we visit your place at just how much whining goes on form your fans. Your lot are worse than the Dirty Leeds fans.

:lol:

Which Town players were mobbing the ref?

Erm, Kilbane, Clarke, Boom Boom McCombe (Ha; cringey!), Arfield.....need i go on??

The 'poor Alan Lee' crap, comes from him being fouled more often than not... all I can assume is that because you saw it happening repeatedly and no punishment being issued, you assumed that he was diving.

As bad a 'display' from an opposition player as I can remember - simply disgraceful from Alan Lee. I'd be ashamed walking off the pitch If I'd have behaved like he did; It actually surprised me he didnt go down from the hand-shake he got from LC; as it took far less contact for him to throw himself to the ground whilst he was on the pitch. To constantly look to get the opposition players booked / sent off is cheating; no matter how you try to put a spin on it.

The playing surface was excellent... it's February and it's entirely playable, we're also one of the few clubs that haven't postponed a home match yet.

I thought the pitch looked good too???????

You turned us into hoof merchants; you've set your stall out to stop us playing twice. It worked at BP, and with help from the officials, it worked on Saturday.

Now this thread is 6 pages long; but that sentance takes the award for most Ludicrous comment. WE turned YOU into hoof-ball? Ha, don’t make me laugh. We ripped you apart at BP with our high tempo, 1& 2 touch football – On the Deck. You couldn’t handle us. Morais tore your players a new one everytime he got on the ball, and you simply couldn’t deal with Oumare’s pace, power & touch. We rarely hit a long ball that game; so quite how you have come to the assertion that we Hoofed you home & away I simply don’t know. As for this game, I’d say you need to look a little closer to home in terms of your tactics & why it was YOU who employed the Hoof from the off. 4-5-1 at home; with 2 CB’s in Clark & McCombe who have as much ‘on the deck’ ability with the ball at their feet as my Nan (and she’s 91 & can’t play football) meant from the off you pumped it forward right from the KO. We got dragged into by you; and unfortunately for us; as we’ve looked to play football all season; we are now used to that – Hoof ball doesn’t suit us and so it worked out.

We were booing the ref at half time as to put a cherry on top of all the ridiculous decisions through the half. He missed Lee being dragged down by your defender whilst Pilkington was taking the ball down the wing and we were two on two. I'm sure in your blinkered view that Lee dived to try and get your player sent off... who would want to score anyway?!

See above - quite simply; because he was trying to cheat & get one of our players sent off; Simples. He did it from the off; right until he was thankfully removed. I actually thought that; for as much as he (the ref) was poor; he gave you; as the 'bigger club at home' far more decisions; and some extremely soft ones at that.

This forum has some good posters on it, but some absolute dross written. Particularly in the other thread about us being better off the field than you, in which there are so many untrue statements about Town.

Meh - its an Oldham fans forum pal; we obviously lean towards our side - but I'd like to think that for all the '"dross" there are enough level headed poster to balance out.........just call it as I see it & try to be balanced. When we play someone who is obviously better than us; I & others will be Magnanimous enough to say so. We got tonked off Southampton not long ago; and if you look at the post game thread; I think you’ll see what Oldham fans are like when they see genuine quality. What I have seen in the 2 games against the mighty Hudds this season; 2 games that we have taken 4 points from; is quite the opposite.....I don’t rate your expensively assembled side, the style of play nor the manner your players go about their business. I eagerly look forward to how the season pans out because; if we do meet up again in May; well – enjoy League 1 next season again from what I’ve seen.

Edited by slystallone

Erm, Kilbane, Clarke, Boom Boom McCombe (Ha; cringey!), Arfield.....need i go on??

I didn't notice us mobbing the ref. Maybe I'm biased on that point.

As bad a 'display' from an opposition player as I can remember - simply disgraceful from Alan Lee. I'd be ashamed walking off the pitch If I'd have behaved like he did; It actually surprised me he didnt go down from the hand-shake he got from LC; as it took far less contact for him to throw himself to the ground whilst he was on the pitch. To constantly look to get the opposition players booked / sent off is cheating; no matter how you try to put a spin on it.

I wish the BBC had put the incident at the end of the first half on the replay. Your defender put two hands on Lee's shoulders and hauled him to the ground.

I couldn't disagree more with the accusation that Lee was cheating; as I said before, all I can assume is that because it happened so often, you guys started to assume that he was diving. Lee is an intelligent player, why would he continue to go to the floor when he's only getting a token decision here and there, if he could stay on his feet?

I thought the pitch looked good too???????

For the middle of February after a harsh winter, it looked good.

Now this thread is 6 pages long; but that sentance takes the award for most Ludicrous comment. WE turned YOU into hoof-ball? Ha, don’t make me laugh. We ripped you apart at BP with our high tempo, 1& 2 touch football – On the Deck. You couldn’t handle us. Morais tore your players a new one everytime he got on the ball, and you simply couldn’t deal with Oumare’s pace, power & touch. We rarely hit a long ball that game; so quite how you have come to the assertion that we Hoofed you home & away I simply don’t know. As for this game, I’d say you need to look a little closer to home in terms of your tactics & why it was YOU who employed the Hoof from the off. 4-5-1 at home; with 2 CB’s in Clark & McCombe who have as much ‘on the deck’ ability with the ball at their feet as my Nan (and she’s 91 & can’t play football) meant from the off you pumped it forward right from the KO. We got dragged into by you; and unfortunately for us; as we’ve looked to play football all season; we are now used to that – Hoof ball doesn’t suit us and so it worked out.

Yes you caused us to resort to hoof-ball? Why do you lot get so offended by this? It's not an accusation that you can't play football, or a criticism of your side. This is why I'm so frustrated on here, every comment made is interpreted as an attack on you.

At BP you took our wingers out of the game; this led to us repeatedly hoofing the ball forwards, which your defence soaked up. Saturday was quite similar, except that we had a bit of luck with the long ball over your full backs head, which should have helped us to get a goal.

See above - quite simply; because he was trying to cheat & get one of our players sent off; Simples. He did it from the off; right until he was thankfully removed. I actually thought that; for as much as he (the ref) was poor; he gave you; as the 'bigger club at home' far more decisions; and some extremely soft ones at that.

Don't think you'll find anyone agreeing with you from HTFC. People are currently debating whether he was the worst ref we've ever come across.

Meh - its an Oldham fans forum pal; we obviously lean towards our side - but I'd like to think that for all the '"dross" there are enough level headed poster to balance out.........just call it as I see it & try to be balanced. When we play someone who is obviously better than us; I & others will be Magnanimous enough to say so. We got tonked off Southampton not long ago; and if you look at the post game thread; I think you’ll see what Oldham fans are like when they see genuine quality. What I have seen in the 2 games against the mighty Hudds this season; 2 games that we have taken 4 points from; is quite the opposite.....I don’t rate your expensively assembled side, the style of play nor the manner your players go about their business. I eagerly look forward to how the season pans out because; if we do meet up again in May; well – enjoy League 1 next season again from what I’ve seen.

I expect a bit of bias, but this place is ridiculous. As for your assessment of us, it's fair on the basis of the two games we've played against each other, but if we are playing you in May it will be a massive disappointment for us.

Yes you caused us to resort to hoof-ball? Why do you lot get so offended by this? It's not an accusation that you can't play football, or a criticism of your side. This is why I'm so frustrated on here, every comment made is interpreted as an attack on you.

Maybe it's because you also say we made you 'play us at our own game' meaning you think our game is hoofing it. <_<

I couldn't disagree more with the accusation that Lee was cheating; as I said before, all I can assume is that because it happened so often, you guys started to assume that he was diving. Lee is an intelligent player, why would he continue to go to the floor when he's only getting a token decision here and there, if he could stay on his feet?

because his manager would have been a bit pissed off if he didn't after working on it in training all week.

I expect a bit of bias, but this place is ridiculous. As for your assessment of us, it's fair on the basis of the two games we've played against each other, but if we are playing you in May it will be a massive disappointment for us.

Having read DATM for the past few days it's hard to have any sympathy on the 'bias' front. Even when you facts (and i'm talking numbers and statistics here) in front of them they argue over it and ignore the obvious, bizarre.

because his manager would have been a bit pissed off if he didn't after working on it in training all week.

Pretty obvious what happened Saturday even to a blind man.

Lee spends 1st half rolling over like he's been shot and getting a free kick every time.

2nd half the ref realises what a mug he has been and starts to ignore his theatrical dives.

After 10 -15 mins when the Hudds manager realises that the useless piece of lard is no good if he

can't even win free kicks he takes him off .

Simple

Edited by losesome

You know what, as Chairman, Owner, Manager, Players & fans – if I only managed to reach the play-offs; after the inordinate amount of money spent on the playing side; I’d be a little more than ‘disappointed’....but then in my humble opinion, that’s what you should be bracing yourselves for; as I don’t happen to think you are a good side; certainly not one of the top 2 sides in the division.

The fact that you have several players in your ranks who have cost in 1 single transfer more than we have spent on the whole squad for like the last 6 or 7 seasons; and yet you still have only managed to take 1 point from us this season; and that was a fortunate one playing god awful hoof-ball; well – that brings a smile to my little ‘ol face.