Ben Amos

Apart from one nervy moment where he recovered brilliantly to bravely gather, he did well again today. One outstanding save and very good handling, he's played his part since he's been here and 1 defeat in 9 tells it's own story, including 4 clean sheets. Good bit of business by PD...

Edited by oafcprozac

Since the Southampton game and based upon his current form Ben Amos would win the award for player of the Month if it was given out today. As much as i defended Brill Amos has added an extra touch of quality to the squad and saved are skin one more than one occaison.

I like Amos.

Commands his area and is vocal BEFORE the problems occur.

He's a long way off the finished article and I thought he was shaky at Carlisle and errors were visible v Southampton and Dagneham. He kicks more than he should too.

But a handful of great saves alongside the commanding of his area are a key part of Latics remaining in the top 6.

Apart from one nervy moment where he recovered brilliantly to bravely gather, he did well again today. One outstanding save and very good handling, he's played his part since he's been here and 1 defeat in 9 tells it's own story, including 4 clean sheets. Good bit of business by PD...

Note to knobhead in the Chaddy who made this comment during the Southampton debacle:

":censored: off back to scum you useless :censored: :censored:"

Think before you speak, or better still, shut the :censored: up in future :wink:

Btw, he's been excellent just wish Rubes would start listening to him!!

I'm not having that he's been that excellent! Two crosses he went for at Carlisle last week were shocking! If it'd been Brill everyone wouldve been slating him!

He's not the finished article.

But he's a better keeper than Brill.

Edited by opinions4u

Thought hes been playing really well personally. However, its already been said, he is a way off the finished article, i think he could do with more discipline about coming off his line. He showed this at Huddersfield and to our cost against Dagenham.

Thought hes been playing really well personally. However, its already been said, he is a way off the finished article, i think he could do with more discipline about coming off his line. He showed this at Huddersfield and to our cost against Dagenham.

Improving steadily since his introduction with a few crucialsaves in the mix too. From what I have seen, could be better off his line and needs work on his kicking but bravery is better than Brills and shot-stopping on a par if not better. Also more assured at claiming crosses.

On the whole I would say the recent stats speak for themselves and we have improved ourselves in the goalkeeping depatment.

Improving steadily since his introduction with a few crucialsaves in the mix too. From what I have seen, could be better off his line and needs work on his kicking but bravery is better than Brills and shot-stopping on a par if not better. Also more assured at claiming crosses.

On the whole I would say the recent stats speak for themselves and we have improved ourselves in the goalkeeping depatment.

Amos is a lot better shot stopper, Fleming is a better shot-stopper, but no one seemed to like him..

Sensational performance from Ben last night, particularly in the first half. He made one incredible save, like Banks v Pele, to stop the ball near the line and get it over the bar. :imnotworthy: He was also very brave to dive at the feet of Carlisle players when all seemed lost. My MOM by a mile! :applause1:

+1