Club in attack of common sense!

Tickets

Something like this should have been done years ago, a begrudging well done for finally distinguishing your arse from your elbows. Publicise it now and make sure the Sports Centre employees know about it and can answer relevant questions, not simply stare blankly at you!

It's that good that there finally doing that, now it's time to see if people actually start buying!

Still needs to be advertised if it's going to work. The club should plug where to get tickets from frequently. Also word of mouth from fans will be very helpful.

I'll make an effort to buy a ticket when I go to one of these places.

Still needs to be advertised if it's going to work. The club should plug where to get tickets from frequently. Also word of mouth from fans will be very helpful.

I'll make an effort to buy a ticket when I go to one of these places.

Quite right Macca. Every Friday and Saturday morning there needs to be an update on the website, and also the Oldham Chron (even though its circulation is down to about 16,000 these days.

Yeah bout time maybe first bus can join in,just mailed em.

Hi im an Oldham Athletic fan,i was wondering if you had ever thought of trying to do football specials.I know there are quite a few people who would use a service like this.

It would help the club to get fans to the ground and hopefully help your profits.

Maybe a months trial,if well advertised im sure this would take off.

Tickets

Something like this should have been done years ago, a begrudging well done for finally distinguishing your arse from your elbows. Publicise it now and make sure the Sports Centre employees know about it and can answer relevant questions, not simply stare blankly at you!

Sports centre staff at the 4 sites have the info they need and we will be placing posters up at all 4 sites.

Thanks to OCL for the support... lets hope people use the service!

Next season... tickets and merchandise? Thoughts?

Sports centre staff at the 4 sites have the info they need and we will be placing posters up at all 4 sites.

Thanks to OCL for the support... lets hope people use the service!

Next season... tickets and merchandise? Thoughts?

Anything like that is great – promote OLDHAM ATHLETIC in OLDHAM areas. Just makes sense....

It surely can’t help to have an increased area to target for tickets – if just 20 people buy tickets that they wouldn’t have done previously due to these new access points; then it’s been a success. Is there a plan in place to track the take up – are the tickets marked differently in these new outlets so the club can see how they are doing??

Anything like that is great – promote OLDHAM ATHLETIC in OLDHAM areas. Just makes sense....

It surely can’t help to have an increased area to target for tickets – if just 20 people buy tickets that they wouldn’t have done previously due to these new access points; then it’s been a success. Is there a plan in place to track the take up – are the tickets marked differently in these new outlets so the club can see how they are doing??

We will know from systems in place what tickets have been bought from which centres so that we can get allocations correct going forward.

We will know from systems in place what tickets have been bought from which centres so that we can get allocations correct going forward.

Cheers

Difficult I guess, but is there any way of identifying if they are completely new buyers of tickets or just ones choosing the closer points?

Cheers

Difficult I guess, but is there any way of identifying if they are completely new buyers of tickets or just ones choosing the closer points?

We have gone for the easy option initially of just selling the tickets without getting additional details. If this proves to be worthwhile then we can look at capturing peoples data and exploring other opportunities (ie Merchandise?)

We have gone for the easy option initially of just selling the tickets without getting additional details. If this proves to be worthwhile then we can look at capturing peoples data and exploring other opportunities (ie Merchandise?)

Surname, postcode and House number would take all of 10 seconds - get the data from the start. Saves a job in the future imo. A little pro-activity goes a long way in any business…no offence and nothing personal but the easy option is why the club finds itself in such a mess.

Edited by oafcprozac

Surname, postcode and House number would take all of 10 seconds - get the data from the start. Saves a job in the future imo. A little pro-activity goes a long way in any business…no offence and nothing personal but the easy option is why the club finds itself in such a mess.

Couldnt agree more but as tickets through OCL will be registered on their till system and this is a totally new concept we want to get the selling bit right first before we ask them to record additional details etc. Should this idea work then we would develop over the summer to capture data and look at how we market this to OCL customers and try and do some moer joined up work... Our Season Ticket holders and their Gym members!

Not taking a shortcut just want to get the basics right and see if selling tickets works first.

is their a reason why the club cant sell tickets on facebook

payment made through paypal

i would buy every home game if i could use paypal!!!

thats a great idea.....however you would need to buy them in plenty of time to get them mailed out to you...or simply take your reciept to the club shop on match day and get your ticket...

the point of the outlets is in response to people finding it difficult to get to the club during the week...

one thought...what price are the tickets being sold at £18 or £20 ???

thats a great idea.....however you would need to buy them in plenty of time to get them mailed out to you...or simply take your reciept to the club shop on match day and get your ticket...

the point of the outlets is in response to people finding it difficult to get to the club during the week...

with me living 50 miles away,it would be of great benefit for me to pay this way

come on latics,,,good idea for the run in

i dont think their is a problem with the tickets getting in the wrong hands

hardly see any huge away followings anymore

could be a good marketing tool for overseas latics fans to make some sort of donation to the club

i dont know..buy a ticket but keep it..button

cant be hard surely

On sale up to day before game so all at £18 except Main Stand Lower which is £17. Kids tickets available too (But not in main stand)

To be fair... I don't think people are all that willing to hand over details like that these days.

Ever got a refund from ANYWHERE? Pre-requisite info before they give you back your dosh…I think most people - me included, are more sensitive about giving out their phone number...

Ever got a refund from ANYWHERE? Pre-requisite info before they give you back your dosh…I think most people - me included, are more sensitive about giving out their phone number...

Joe Blogs, The Moon, 123456789.

You have no obligation to provide them with anything.

Yeah, let's also ask them

Did you used to go to Latics?

Why did you stop going?

What has made you want to go again?

Us there anyone else you could mither into coming with you?

Will you buy a programme?

If not, why not?

Will you buy a pie?

If so, what flavour?

Do you realise that if you say that you're not going to buy a pie and then change your mind, someone who has gone for years may have to go without?

How do you think that makes them feel?

Have you changed you mind about buying a pie?

Chaddy or RRE?

Do you realise that you can't change your mind after you've decided?

Or we could just say "Thanks for buying a ticket through this new outlet. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Enjoy the match. Come on Latics"