Goal poachers who might interest Latics ?

Here's one worth considering, a young prospect not in Chelsea's plans.

Won't be on big money I should think and might relish the chance to prove his worth.

Meets PDs requirements, goes in where it hurts. (see the video goal after about 2 minutes)

Borini

Frozen out

List your suggestions on possible prolific goal scorers who might be available to the Latics.

Edited by BP1960

Here's one worth considering, a young prospect not in Chelsea's plans.

Won't be on big money I should think and might relish the chance to prove his worth.

Meets PDs requirements, goes in where it hurts. (see the video goal after about 2 minutes)

Borini

Frozen out

List your suggestions on possible prolific goal scorers who might be available to the Latics.

Alas, could be too late; no way can Latics match their terms although a loan bid might have been possible.

Going

Some good young goal poachers at Glasgow Celtic in their reserves I hear.

Edited by BP1960

Trouble is that we have too many loan players and we may well have the goalscorer but we simply do not have anything like a settled forward line. I for one dislike watching a team that chops and changes like we do. No forward will score goals if all they get is 20 minutes here and there....

Here's my list:

Our options are very limited, as we are paying for Reid and Feeney. Basically it will have to be someone on loan who is either not on much money (so a kid), or someone where the parent club want to get them more experience/fitness, so are happy to contribute more than they would normally. There are players out there- hands up anyone who had heard of Tounkara before we signed him. One avenue I think clubs like ours could explore are the countries where they don't have a European season (so Scandanavia, South America, SA, Oz, and MLS), so might get better players for longer (like how Beckham and Donovan played in Europe in the MLS off-season). We have a slight advantage due to Corney's US connections in this matter. Two forwards who I think could be very good at this level are the Malawian centre-forwards Russel Mwafulirwa and Essau Kanyenda, both big and quick and whilst they aren't poachers as such they know where the net is. However, I have no idea what sort of money they are on, whether there is a transfer fee involved. African football is littered with players who could be very good at our level, and are not playing at a higher level. One such player is Jerome Ramatlhkwane, who plays for Botswana and has scored 4 goals in ANC qualifying- 2 more than Eto, but as I've not seen him play all I'm going on are his stats.

who cares , I hardly think Dickov comes on here looking for scouting tips .

What a terrible atitude, I was asking fans opinions, I can tell you from experience managers leave no stone unturned, if they don't do it themselves they ask their scouts to look out for any talent from no matter where, they cannot afford to miss out on any potential gem.

Have I mentioned him before ? :wink:

One to watch

I quiet enjoy your scouting threads BP – but surely you will vouch that there is a world of difference between looking promising at Youth level; and making the step up to the ‘man’s game’.

If you look at Borrini’s goals – lots of those were scored on training ground pitches for Chelsea’s youth side; same for any goal compilation you find on Harry Bunn.

As a club we’re littered with young strikers in our recent history who ‘were the next big thing’ at Youth level; scored a few for the reserves too but then the reality kicks in & that’s none of them have actually been able to fulfil on that potential.

I personally don’t think an 17/18 year old Harry Bunn is the answer – we need a player who has already experienced league football, scored a few senior goals and can hit the ground running; not spend 10-15 games getting to grips with the step in class and physical nature of L1 football. Plus; I don’t think we have any wiggle room for bringing another striker in; Reid took that when he signed for the end of the season.

Now where’s the best natural finisher at the club; who looked the part & scored goals in pre-season? What’s he called; Ryan Brooke isn’t it? :wink:

I quiet enjoy your scouting threads BP – but surely you will vouch that there is a world of difference between looking promising at Youth level; and making the step up to the ‘man’s game’.

If you look at Borrini’s goals – lots of those were scored on training ground pitches for Chelsea’s youth side; same for any goal compilation you find on Harry Bunn.

As a club we’re littered with young strikers in our recent history who ‘were the next big thing’ at Youth level; scored a few for the reserves too but then the reality kicks in & that’s none of them have actually been able to fulfil on that potential.

I personally don’t think an 17/18 year old Harry Bunn is the answer – we need a player who has already experienced league football, scored a few senior goals and can hit the ground running; not spend 10-15 games getting to grips with the step in class and physical nature of L1 football. Plus; I don’t think we have any wiggle room for bringing another striker in; Reid took that when he signed for the end of the season.

Now where’s the best natural finisher at the club; who looked the part & scored goals in pre-season? What’s he called; Ryan Brooke isn’t it? :wink:

You never know until you try them..look at Jermain Defoe in his spell as a teenager at Bournemouth.

Bunn is very strong and direct, he knows where the goal is.

As for Borrini, the fact he looks like going to a top Italian club next season suggests he can play a bit, my point with him was he has been languishing in Chelsea reserves for a long time and maybe worth an enquiry.

Unfortunately Ryan Brooke suffered a bad injury during pre season and hasn't looked the same since in his substitute appearances, I agree though in the present circumstances I would prefer him starting to Feeney, who is not the prolific goal scorer the team needs.

No manager or scout gets it right everytime, they just hope the player more often than not justifies their judgement.

Edited by BP1960

bring back Andy Ritchie :wink:

Wasn't he languishing in Leeds reserves when Latics took a chance on him for a reasonable fee (a steal really) ?...there are plenty of bargains available today, unfortunately Latics are restricted to free transfers and loanees.

Wasn't he languishing in Leeds reserves when Latics took a chance on him for a reasonable fee (a steal really) ?...there are plenty of bargains available today, unfortunately Latics are restricted to free transfers and loanees.

Roger Palmer, Ian Marshall, Andy Ritchie - now there's a front three :D

Junior Agogo ?

31 and a free agent..

From wikipedia:

"Wham

The Wham song "Wake me up, before you Agogo" was made as a tribute to Junior Agogo the year he was born."

:lol:

We couldn't afford him and I think if he was interested in a move back to England there would be a few higher teams sniffing around.

Oldham owners should have never ever ever listend to joe royal on getting rid of lee hughes i couldnt care if he was the biggest tosser going he scored goals for us and we would proble be top of the league now and all smiling :(

And replaced by Wolfy for our playoff challenge lol

From wikipedia:

"Wham

The Wham song "Wake me up, before you Agogo" was made as a tribute to Junior Agogo the year he was born."

:lol:

Someone's got confused with one of my song compositions featured in 'Beyond The Boundary'.

We're going up with Junior Agogo

When last season we were feeling so low

We're going up with Junior Agogo

Take me to Latics tonight