Whoever picks the music

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...considering it was played whilst we had our most triumphant years in football i can't honestly see why you dont like it....its an instrumental piece,builds slowly to a crescendo and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up....much more inspiring than mouldy old dough ever could be...

I didn't say I don't like Fanfare For The Common Man. I merely pointed out the futility of the voting process to select the entry music, when the DJ plays what he wants. Similarly the goal celebration music (when we score :unsure: )is not the one voted for in the poll.

Adapted from Joe Jackson's lyrics:

Music has charms they say

But in some people's hands

It becomes a savage beast

Can't they control it

Why don't they hold it back

You see my friend and me

Don't have an easy day

And at night we dance not fight

And we need the energy

If not the sympathy

But I'm brutalized by bass

And terrorized by treble

I'm open to change my mood but

I always get caught in the middle

And I get tired of DJs

Why's it always what he plays

I'm gonna push right through

I'm gonna tell him too

Tell him to

Play us

Play us a fan-chosen song

I don't want music blasting in my ear before the match or at half time, trying to talk to someone a mobile phone is impossible.

Turn down the volume please Mr Announcer.

This raises the question, would we get more attendees if we made the BP experience (pre-match, at half-time and even during the game), less distracting to those talking on the phone, texting, watching another match on a phone/laptop, listening to earphones, reading the programme, eating pies, going to the loo, etc? :unsure:

I didn't say I don't like Fanfare For The Common Man. I merely pointed out the futility of the voting process to select the entry music, when the DJ plays what he wants. Similarly the goal celebration music (when we score :unsure: )is not the one voted for in the poll.

Adapted from Joe Jackson's lyrics:

Music has charms they say

But in some people's hands

It becomes a savage beast

Can't they control it

Why don't they hold it back

You see my friend and me

Don't have an easy day

And at night we dance not fight

And we need the energy

If not the sympathy

But I'm brutalized by bass

And terrorized by treble

I'm open to change my mood but

I always get caught in the middle

And I get tired of DJs

Why's it always what he plays

I'm gonna push right through

I'm gonna tell him too

Tell him to

Play us

Play us a fan-chosen song

your changing your opinion now...so have we lost every home game since the start of the season because we come out to fanfare for the common man or not????

I don't agree that FFTCM has been played as the entry music before every home game this season.

if you dont agree with that then how can you make such a sweeping statement that we have lost everytime it has been played?????

i have missed 1 home game this season...midweek the £2 offer because of work...it has been played every single match this season,it was played last season as well...just because you cant hear it doesnt mean ir hasnt been played...

if you dont agree with that then how can you make such a sweeping statement that we have lost everytime it has been played?????

i have missed 1 home game this season...midweek the £2 offer because of work...it has been played every single match this season,it was played last season as well...just because you cant hear it doesnt mean ir hasnt been played...

This is the massive issue currently surrounding the club.

I covered my possible wrongful recollection by saying:

BTW we seem to have lost each game since it was played.

I accept that I can't always hear the PA at the front of the Chaddy, but I remember it being played before the Rochdale, Southampton, Carlisle and Posh games. Surely the DJ can't have been disregarding the fans' choice of entry music for as long as you say. :shock:

I covered my possible wrongful recollection by saying:

I accept that I can't always hear the PA at the front of the Chaddy, but I remember it being played before the Rochdale, Southampton, Carlisle and Posh games. Surely the DJ can't have been disregarding the fans' choice of entry music for as long as you say. :shock:

It's meant to be a distraction issue, but at the same time could be seen by some as symptomatic of a disregard for fans' wishes

which fans wishes???? the only one complaining about it is you......

see this is the problem then isnt it.....he hasnt been disregarding "the fans choice"....or is it your choice???? for as long as i alledgedly say....he has played mouldy old dough at every home game this season.....but the music they have come out to has been fftcm....since the start and we havent lost each time its been played....you can get decent hearing aids these days if your struggling....

Edited by edhunteruk

It's meant to be a distraction issue, but at the same time could be seen by some as symptomatic of a disregard for fans' wishes

which fans wishes???? the only one complaining about it is you......

see this is the problem then isnt it.....he hasnt been disregarding "the fans choice"....or is it your choice???? for as long as i alledgedly say....he has played mouldy old dough at every home game this season.....but the music they have come out to has been fftcm....since the start and we havent lost each time its been played....

I'm not complaining and I didn't say I voted for MOD. I simply pointed out that, after following a democratic process, the wishes of the majority of voters were disregarded, and they wouldn't want that to happen in Libya.

....you can get decent hearing aids these days if your struggling....

Pardon?

It's a very similar situation.

The principle of democracy is a simple one, whether dealing with minor or major issues, but breaches of it are dealt with in different ways. In this country we tut tut, write letters to the Press/post on forums or even smash a few windows and delay the work of the Charity Commission.

The principle of democracy is a simple one, whether dealing with minor or major issues, but breaches of it are dealt with in different ways. In this country we tut tut, write letters to the Press/post on forums or even smash a few windows and delay the work of the Charity Commission.

So, in summary, you feel that the disregard of the winning song in a poll to determine which song the players of Oldham Athletic (and indeed their opposition, lest we forget) run out to, deserves stronger action than tutting and posting on a forum.

So, in summary, you feel that the disregard of the winning song in a poll to determine which song the players of Oldham Athletic (and indeed their opposition, lest we forget) run out to, deserves stronger action than tutting and posting on a forum.

I'm not advocating action - that's up to the disenchanted voters, but perhaps they no longer go to BP.

I think we've flogged this to death, so let's change the record. :wink:

• 3 months later...