Whoever picks the music

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see you stay to the bitter end yesterday, fella. I saw you go for the flag around 4:35 and then head towards the Broadway exit but you couldn't resist watching from the front, even though Mrs S looked happy to depart :wink:

In fairness to Mrs. S, neither of us were going to leave before the final whistle, but we could have done without the five minutes of stoppage time, as we had to be in our starting blocks, with the car in pole position. A swift getaway was crucial, as we had to be home for 7:00pm to meet friends and keep a Northern Soul appointment. :ktf:

The Chaddy's response of "We want one!" to the Posh chant of "We want six!" was mildly amusing in the deepening gloom.

In fairness to Mrs. S, neither of us were going to leave before the final whistle, but we could have done without the five minutes of stoppage time, as we had to be in our starting blocks, with the car in pole position. A swift getaway was crucial, as we had to be home for 7:00pm to meet friends and keep a Northern Soul appointment. :ktf:

You might think that. I know when a woman wants to leave. It's a look I've seen too often...

pmsfl....too much rock,hahahahah......journey is the only rock song played..the rest is indie music.....

i agree it should be more varied but come on....the grounds nearly empty until 5 mins before kick off...do we go to watch football matches or listen to the music???

im going to see iron maiden live in july..shall i put a complaint in saying they didnt play enough football before they came on!!!

Me too Edwardo, and I have to say i'm rather looking forward to it...

I never grow tired of hearing Saturn 5, shortly before kick-off.

Agreed excellent song, seems strange a year ago people where moaning about Frannys choice of music. As BIG INDIE/ROCK lover myself got to like the music currently played and have noticed quite a few songs played more often than others. Although maybe we should vary it out a little more.

Edited by oafctom

I never grow tired of hearing Saturn 5, shortly before kick-off.

Always makes me laugh when he plays This Is How It Feels instead. Great song but it's a bit downbeat to be playing at ten to three. I think we usually win when it's played though.

It'd be good to hear I Want You but it'd probably break the PA system.

The club has to pay for all the records it plays for Copyright.

So can't someone else get the money....?

We don't pay the band, its done by the PRS, you just pay them a licence fee. Admittdly a fortune.

Changing th esone won;t amke a difference to that.

Unless

We could play ancient classical music, as that won't involve any royalty fee..

Edited by singe

Continuing the theme fo jump by Van halen, perhaps broady can be givena freer rein to make subliminal messages to the players.

And we have to guess each week.

More subtle ones like, Heartland Tackle the Monster, or Tears for Fears-Shout ( though Arsenal fans might be thinking about this )

IIRC it may have been played, but only used as the entry music recently.

its been used as the teams come out since the start or the season....admittedly sometimes it is nowhere near as loud as it should be,but it has still been there....

considering it was played whilst we had our most triumphant years in football i can't honestly see why you dont like it....its an instrumental piece,builds slowly to a crescendo and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up....much more inspiring than mouldy old dough ever could be...

Mouldy Old Dough, which is played before every home game, but not as the entry music, voted for democratically. They wouldn't stand for it in Libya!

I hate this song- smacks of Negativity.I know it is a classic, but the minute the guys sings MOULDY OLD DOUGH, I cringe, and wonder,Is that how the opposition see us? It,s embarrasing.

Me too Edwardo, and I have to say i'm rather looking forward to it...

Me too Senor Silencio! I might even wear a Latics shirt to the gig. Normally I wouldn't ever wear one in public for fear of looking like a complete dork, but I reckon there'll be far worse sights there on the night to deflect attention away from my attire! :lol: