Taking things in perspective.

Believe me nobody is happy at how the result turned out today.

Probably like most folks I went in at half time thinking we would win the game in the end.

You can make any excuses you like but the manager and his coaching team do not take lightly to heads dropping and submissions by the players.

Peterborough are a good team with finishers as good as any team in the division but in the first half we more than matched them and played some excellent football.

Whilst the debate could rumble on for ever as to who might be to blame I think we have to remember that Paul D. has been like a breathe of fresh air to our club this season. He has good coaching people around him and feels pain like everyone else. I know he will not tolerate lack of effort or fighting spirit.

With our budget he has perhaps created his own pressures because we perform most weeks better than clubs with a lot more money than ourselves. Yes the spell is bad that we are going through but I am of the opinion that out coaching staff have brought us a long way this season and have improved individual players immmensely.

The club are taking a lot of knocks on and off the field at the moment but lets keep the faith and believe in our club.

PS

Yes I am feeling as sick as a chip like many others at the moment but I know we have the best manager we have had for many years.

Barry

Probably like most folks I went in at half time thinking we would win the game in the end.

You can make any excuses you like but the manager and his coaching team do not take lightly to heads dropping and submissions by the players.

Peterborough are a good team with finishers as good as any team in the division but in the first half we more than matched them and played some excellent football.

Whilst the debate could rumble on for ever as to who might be to blame I think we have to remember that Paul D. has been like a breathe of fresh air to our club this season. He has good coaching people around him and feels pain like everyone else. I know he will not tolerate lack of effort or fighting spirit.

With our budget he has perhaps created his own pressures because we perform most weeks better than clubs with a lot more money than ourselves. Yes the spell is bad that we are going through but I am of the opinion that out coaching staff have brought us a long way this season and have improved individual players immmensely.

The club are taking a lot of knocks on and off the field at the moment but lets keep the faith and believe in our club.

PS

Yes I am feeling as sick as a chip like many others at the moment but I know we have the best manager we have had for many years.

Barry

Well said Barry

Its a case of 'look how far we have come this season', compared to the tripe we had to watch last season. At the end of the day re the result, thats football. You get some hidings, you also give some.

I think Alan Hardy has issued a statement via GMR.

The matter is in hand.

A cash flow issue occurred which will be rectified.

Barry

Just hope the backroom staff ie. ticket office girls, club shop staff etc etc have been paid! The players will hardly starve but those on "ordinary wages" would be dropped right in the Stockport County...

All the Latics players should be made to watch a recording of todays England v France rugby game - that's what real effort is.

They are taking a leaf out of the southern egg chasers...Get the ball and hoof it into the stands

Well if the stories of the club selling the ground are true I have no fear !

Surely the club Estate Agent will have messed up again and cost us more money !

He will have probably advised the current covenant on the land is till 2012 not 2014 and the buyers will be returning the land on monday !

I have one question? Who decides if the ground should be sold - is it the current Board of Directors?

As for wages - it will only be basic - No goal or win bounus is due !!

Well if the stories of the club selling the ground are true I have no fear !

Surely the club Estate Agent will have messed up again and cost us more money !

He will have probably advised the current covenant on the land is till 2012 not 2014 and the buyers will be returning the land on monday !

I have one question? Who decides if the ground should be sold - is it the current Board of Directors?

As for wages - it will only be basic - No goal or win bounus is due !!

Did you buy a house you never liked from R&D or something? Your repeated pot-shots are becoming tedious in the extreme. I hope that any potential buyers of the club do not read this board; the way the current directors are treated would result in them running a mile. Repeated half-baked criticism from a position of ignorance and persistent bigotry is not something many would risk money on (and partiuclarly on a football club!)

The "club" has not owned the land that BP sits on since the days of David Brierley, sometime in the 1990s. Why would you think the current directors are actually the ones to decide directly on the issue of its sale?

Did you buy a house you never liked from R&D or something? Your repeated pot-shots are becoming tedious in the extreme. I hope that any potential buyers of the club do not read this board; the way the current directors are treated would result in them running a mile. Repeated half-baked criticism from a position of ignorance and persistent bigotry is not something many would risk money on (and partiuclarly on a football club!)

The \"club\" has not owned the land that BP sits on since the days of David Brierley, sometime in the 1990s. Why would you think the current directors are actually the ones to decide directly on the issue of its sale?

I think it is only right that ALL serving directors are held accountable and questions asked of why they are serving on the board to DIRECT the future of OUR club.

Only to often fans ask questions of Bary Owen and Alan Hardy on here, Corney also comes in for some flack.

Hardy answers in his own ways, Owen posts on here to defend his postion, Corney I would persume sits back and watches here from afar. Maybe the Estate Agent should find a way to communicate with the fans and explain why he as messed up the last 2 projects he\'s undertaken as part of his remit has Club Director?

How many times can the club pay fees to facilitate a re-development only to find out it isnt happening because the research behind the proposal was incomplete or wrong.

Maybe the Estate Agent should find a way to communicate with the fans and explain why he as messed up the last 2 projects he\'s undertaken as part of his remit has Club Director?

How many times can the club pay fees to facilitate a re-development only to find out it isnt happening because the research behind the proposal was incomplete or wrong.

I assume you have evidence that Ian Hill was at fault?

I also assume that you know how the board came to the decision to proceed on these projects and what advice / comments were made by Ian Hill?

Could you share this knowledge with us all? Do you have copies of boardroom minutes?

The \"club\" has not owned the land that BP sits on since the days of David Brierley, sometime in the 1990s. Why would you think the current directors are actually the ones to decide directly on the issue of its sale?

I think it is only right that ALL serving directors are held accountable and questions asked of why they are serving on the board to DIRECT the future of OUR club.

Only to often fans ask questions of Bary Owen and Alan Hardy on here, Corney also comes in for some flack.

Hardy answers in his own ways, Owen posts on here to defend his postion, Corney I would persume sits back and watches here from afar. Maybe the Estate Agent should find a way to communicate with the fans and explain why he as messed up the last 2 projects he\'s undertaken as part of his remit has Club Director?

You've posted that once. Try responding to the point made.

I assume you have evidence that Ian Hill was at fault?

I also assume that you know how the board came to the decision to proceed on these projects and what advice / comments were made by Ian Hill?

Could you share this knowledge with us all? Do you have copies of boardroom minutes?

Soley at fault NO. Many mistakes have been made in ALL projects.

If you hire a wedding planner and your reception is a shambles, no flowers arrive and the honeymoon is double booked. Do you recommend the same Planner to your friends?

The club appointed I.Hill to the board to advise on all matters concerning the sale of BP from the council to the TTA, re-development along with the Fenny Fields and Failsworth projects. If the board then went ahead with all these projects without the advise of the person they gave this remit to then I stand corrected.

All projects barr the buying of BP have been hit with problems that with full and proper research could been avoided.

No I dont have Board minutes but I would envisage they show advise from all board members upon their given roles.

I think Alan Hardy has issued a statement via GMR.

The matter is in hand.

A cash flow issue occurred which will be rectified.

Barry

You were very open in your appraisal of onfield matters today but slightly politburo in your reply regarding non payment of players wages.

The matter is in hand - says nothing, all it means is people are dealing with it one way or the other, either successfully or not.

A cash flow issue occurred which will be rectified - when? soon? how short term is it?

If you hire a wedding planner and your reception is a shambles, no flowers arrive and the honeymoon is double booked. Do you recommend the same Planner to your friends?

The club appointed I.Hill to the board to advise on all matters concerning the sale of BP from the council to the TTA, re-development along with the Fenny Fields and Failsworth projects. If the board then went ahead with all these projects without the advise of the person they gave this remit to then I stand corrected.

All projects barr the buying of BP have been hit with problems that with full and proper research could been avoided.

No I dont have Board minutes but I would envisage they show advise from all board members upon their given roles.

You clearly have no idea at all. You haven't even been able to digest my first comment.

1. Why on earth would Ian Hill as an OAFC board member, advise TTA on the purchase of BP from the council? OAFC do not own BP. They did not buy BP from the council. They haven't owned BP since David Brierley was Chairman. A different company owns BP and the land. Ian Hill is not (as far as anyone knows) on the board of that company.

2. You have told me what Ian Hill was appointed to ADVISE on. Do you know what advice he gave? Do you know how a board operates?

3. You then say you'll stand corrected if wrong. This rather proves that you are making uninformed, speculative , wild accusations, based on a wafer thin set of assumptions.

4. You say that all project problems could have been avoided with full and proper research - so, which problems could have been avoided; what research could have forseen them?

As said before, your criticisms seem to be based on nothing more than a bigoted view of Ian Hill, so I'll ask again; did you buy a house from R&D? Or did you have some other dealings you didn't like?

Edit - and just to add - when you say "solely to blame, no"; do you have any evidence that he was to blame in any way, shape or form? Anything at all?

Edited by real

your talking bolloks....quite frankly...

ferney fields..farmer pulled the plug originally because he was a rugby fan,and didnt really want to sell to latics....then he reopened negotiations..but upped the price..board gave him a deadline to accept original proposal or finish the deal..he never responded board let it go...how is that ian hills fault????

redevelopment of bp....the initial idea was greatly recieved,however to comply with council regulations they had to lower the height of the flats..by the time the council finally got round to issuing outline planning permission the credit crunch had hot....land values dropped and it was no longer viable to do.....as they didnt have 80 million to fund it themself...how is that ian hills fault?????

lancaster club....given assurances by council that land could be transferred,the clubs project would go ahead,and everyone would be happy...council presented a piss poor case as to why they wanted land transfering....charitys commission said no due to not enough info from coucnil and other errors on there part..how is that ian hills fault?????

the land that bp sits upon is owned by a different company than the board....but in essence is owned by the same people who own the club...

for all you and i know.mr hill could have advised for or against any or all of these schemes..at the end of the day the majority rule will apply...if he gets outvoted how is that his fault????

You clearly have no idea at all. You haven\'t even been able to digest my first comment.

1. Why on earth would Ian Hill as an OAFC board member, advise TTA on the purchase of BP from the council? OAFC do not own BP. They did not buy BP from the council. They haven\'t owned BP since David Brierley was Chairman. A different company owns BP and the land. Ian Hill is not (as far as anyone knows) on the board of that company.

*The estate agent worked on behalf of the club owners who also own the company that bought the land I believe.? Why would TTA use another estate agent to purchase BP when they had one already within the business?*

2. You have told me what Ian Hill was appointed to ADVISE on. Do you know what advice he gave? Do you know how a board operates?

*Yes, the board operates like other boards, the CEO directors and MD forfil there remits in accordance to position on the board. Or are you saying it would have been Hardy who advised on the re-development projects and not the estate agent? (That may explain a lot if correct)*

3. You then say you\'ll stand corrected if wrong. This rather proves that you are making uninformed, speculative , wild accusations, based on a wafer thin set of assumptions.

*Sarcasm*

4. You say that all project problems could have been avoided with full and proper research - so, which problems could have been avoided; what research could have forseen them?

As said before, your criticisms seem to be based on nothing more than a bigoted view of Ian Hill, so I\'ll ask again; did you buy a house from R&D? Or did you have some other dealings you didn\'t like?

*The list is endless.*

The smell of bull:censored: is even more overpowering than normal.

Fans who think they're in the know are always so :censored:ing clever aren't they?

Maybe, just maybe, if these smart arses really were so clever, and contributed a little more than hiding behind their keyboard spouting bull:censored:, the club might not be in the mess it's in?

Just a thought.

PS

Barry

Nope. I texted my dad at half time to tell him we were going to get twatted 6-0. Absolute garbage. I didn't buy the "GalactDicov" :censored:e back then and I don't buy it now. We do not get enougn players in the box when we go forward. I'm sick of saying it at the game, and I'm sick of saying it on here. The belief that Dickov's team plays attacking football may have been true earlier in the season, but for the last few games alll I have seen is a side who doesn't give a :censored: about going forward. Shame on latics for the :censored:e we had to watch today.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Fans who think they're in the know are always so :censored:ing clever aren't they?

Maybe, just maybe, if these smart arses really were so clever, and contributed a little more than hiding behind their keyboard spouting bull:censored:, the club might not be in the mess it's in?

Just a thought.

Cor, that's an interesting thought. Seriously, please come to the forum on Monday. I will pay you in.

Just a thought.

Just another thought!!

How would you like these 'smart arses' to contribute???

Have you got a clear definition of what is expected of every fellow fan, I thought we paid our £300+ every season to be entertained and allow the club to manage our contribution by way of producing an acceptable product both on and off the field!!

Now what is it that you'd like these 'smart arses' to do then Garcon, in fact, what is it that you do that sets your sanctimonious self apart from others??

For the record and to dampen the smell of bull:censored: around you; I knew of the players not being paid a few days ago, I also knew it was short term and they'd be paid next week. I also know a few other things, all very positive i might add, things that would suggest that we have a future for years to come B)

I didn't or haven't posted these because it's not my place to do so!!

Now as for the club's situation with the council and my knowledege of what has / is being discussed, that hasn't come from within the club, so don't take things for granted and jump to assumptions!!

I started this because i feel the club should have acted quicker to put our minds at rest and add clarity to the situation, not blind depressing fear!!

Now back to my point; please let the 'smart arses' know what you're doing that clearly sets you apart from the rest and I'm sure if it's worthwhile then the 'smart arses' would gladly invest some time to it!!

PS

Barry

I'm more concerned about where the club will be 12 months from now

Just another thought!!

How would you like these 'smart arses' to contribute???

Have you got a clear definition of what is expected of every fellow fan, I thought we paid our £300+ every season to be entertained and allow the club to manage our contribution by way of producing an acceptable product both on and off the field!!

Now what is it that you'd like these 'smart arses' to do then Garcon, in fact, what is it that you do that sets your sanctimonious self apart from others??

For the record and to dampen the smell of bull:censored: around you; I knew of the players not being paid a few days ago, I also knew it was short term and they'd be paid next week. I also know a few other things, all very positive i might add, things that would suggest that we have a future for years to come B)

I didn't or haven't posted these because it's not my place to do so!!

Now as for the club's situation with the council and my knowledege of what has / is being discussed, that hasn't come from within the club, so don't take things for granted and jump to assumptions!!

I started this because i feel the club should have acted quicker to put our minds at rest and add clarity to the situation, not blind depressing fear!!

Now back to my point; please let the 'smart arses' know what you're doing that clearly sets you apart from the rest and I'm sure if it's worthwhile then the 'smart arses' would gladly invest some time to it!!

I think I can work out how you know this, but isn't pay day the last Friday of the month? Be unusual for someone to know others haven't been paid until then.

I'd expect them to get paid later this week. We are a football club who only had 1 home game in the month, prior to pay day and that home game was reduced entry fee, so the balance sheet might take longer to process. Its the summer I'm worried about- hopefully we have enough cash coming in through season tickets to pay the players, but I'd be tempted to delay the offer date until the other side of May pay day to spread the income out.