Club Official Statement - Sunday

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot see how administration benefits Corney or Blitz.

It won't do. But if HMRC (or any other creditor) issues a winding up order against us, then going into administration is the only way of stopping it being enforced if we can't afford to pay the bill.

Edited by Steve_R

It won't do. But if HMRC (or any other creditor) issues a winding up order against us, then going into administration is the only way of stopping it being enforced if we can't afford to pay the bill.

Which is a call for Blitz - who has most to lose.

Which is a call for Blitz - who has most to lose.

Maybe I am looking at it wrong... but...

If we go into Admin and fold... This clears the way for the land to be sold and developed...

If we don't fold and we stick around then that creates a headache regarding the development of the land...

Does anyone realistically think Blitz would ever get his money back out of Latics ? The land and development is where the money is, not Latics...

I am not saying he WANTS us to fold... Far from it... Just saying that if we did fold then I don't see how it is a major issue for him ?

Which bit am I missing ?

Edited by oafc0000

If we go into Admin and fold... This clears the way for the land to be sold and developed...

If we don't fold and we stick around then that creates a headache regarding the development of the land...

Does anyone realistically think Blitz would ever get his money back out of Latics ? The land and development is where the money is, not Latics...

I am not saying he WANTS us to fold... Far from it... Just saying that if we did fold then I don't see how it is a major issue for him ?

Which bit am I missing ?

The bit you are missing is £3 million is Direcotrs loans to him. That is OAFC loans to him, nothing to do with the land.

Obviously the idea was to wrap it all up together, with the TTA stil. coming out with some dosh ( won;t open that wound, but the TTA won;t be going away with barrowfuls of cash)

Again, not saying he will or won't but the longer it goes on, the more chance it won't be all wrapped up together.

Edited by singe

Which bit am I missing ?

If the football club go into admin, he will get nothing or next to nothing of the directors loans.

As long as the football club are still trading, he has a chance of getting that money back, even if it is 150k a season and a percentage of transfer fees untill his debt is paid off, I suspect he would see more of his money back than if we went into admin.

The bit you are missing is £3 million is Direcotrs loans to him. That is OAFC loans to him, nothing to do with the land.

Obviously the idea was to wrap it all up together, with the TTA stil. coming out with some dosh ( won;t open that wound, but the TTA won;t be going away with barrowfuls of cash)

Again, not saying he will or won't but the longer it goes on, the more chance it won't be all wrapped up together.

If the football club go into admin, he will get nothing or next to nothing of the directors loans.

As long as the football club are still trading, he has a chance of getting that money back, even if it is 150k a season and a percentage of transfer fees untill his debt is paid off, I suspect he would see more of his money back than if we went into admin.

I didn't miss the director loans... I questioned if there was any serious chance of getting £3 million back from a loss making football club...

As far as punts go, its a very long one...

Disconnecting my thoughts for the club, if it was my money invested in the land / club... I would be more interested in the money in the land rather than the club. I imagine the money made out of the land is going to dwaf the amount within the club.

Let me get this straight, Diego.

You're saying there are people on this board who will be disappointed if we don't go into administration? Simply because they predicted it?

I thought it was only really :censored:ing stupid people who thought like that, who don't seem to grasp that just because somebody predicts an outcome that isn't necessarily what they want.

But I know you're more intelligent than that, so I must've got it wrong somewhere, eh?

I am told repeatedly by regular attenders at BP that the Club is to go into Administration. I and everyone else was told repeatedly by Blitz, and is still told repeatedly by Corney, that he is determined not to go into Administration. I point this out 'til I'm blue in the face, but the regular attenders don't believe Corney, and I've concluded, rightly or wrongly, that they'll be disappointed if they have to admit they were wrong.

Of course the doubters may be proved correct in time, but I cannot understand why they persist in saying the opposite to the man in the know, and no doubt spreading their unfounded opinions to the many BP absentees. Skies are grey enough at the moment, and Latics are not making us happy, but I say stop spinning this doom scenario, and please don't take my sunshine away.

I didn't miss the director loans... I questioned if there was any serious chance of getting £3 million back from a loss making football club...

As far as punts go, its a very long one...

Disconnecting my thoughts for the club, if it was my money invested in the land / club... I would be more interested in the money in the land rather than the club. I imagine the money made out of the land is going to dwaf the amount within the club.

But the plan was to reconnect it.

Of course that might not happen.

Maybe, some of the fans who thought Bltiz would make billions were also missing the Directors loans.

Still, if there is a chance he gets that moeny back, he will hang on in there.

If he could ahve sperated it off, he would have had many opportunities, and many an ocaison to be tempted to do so already.

I am not blind to the fact he might not join it all back to it, it would be easy and must be tempting, just that he has earned enough credit from us for us to not assume the worst, jsut prepare for the worst.

I am told repeatedly by regular attenders at BP that the Club is to go into Administration. I and everyone else was told repeatedly by Blitz, and is still told repeatedly by Corney, that he is determined not to go into Administration. I point this out 'til I'm blue in the face, but the regular attenders don't believe Corney, and I've concluded, rightly or wrongly, that they'll be disappointed if they have to admit they were wrong.

Of course the doubters may be proved correct in time, but I cannot understand why they persist in saying the opposite to the man in the know, and no doubt spreading their unfounded opinions to the many BP absentees. Skies are grey enough at the moment, and Latics are not making us happy, but I say stop spinning this doom scenario, and please don't take my sunshine away.

To be fair, Corney has his limitations, but even he is not going to sit there and go "yup, I reckon we'll be in administration by May". Let's get real with this one. He HAS to say that we won't go into admin. To proclaim we will would mean no investors would even look at the club until it happens, none of these development investors would come back, fans may shy away and the morale of the team will go even lower than it is right now. To think that Corney would be honest and admit administration will happen is fanciful. He admits it is a possibility. He says he doesn't want to do it. What motivation would he ever have to say anything else?

I don't believe he wants to do it. I, at the moment, believe it will happen. I'll be absolutely ecstatic if it doesn't. On current form, we may not be 10 points clear of the bottom 4 come the end of the season. This is very precarious and to suggest any Latics fan will be unhappy if the club doesn't go into Administration is as fanciful as expecting Corney to be honest about the prospect of it happenning.

Edited by latic12345

I think it's harsh to say those predicting administration will actually be disappointed if their prediction proves wrong, but I agree few of them have any factual basis for their prediction.

You're correct that TTA and latterly Simon have repeatedly said they won't take the club into administration. I absolutely believe that Simon will not willingly take the club into adminstration. What you seem to be ignoring is under what circumstances it may become out of Simon's control.

On the subject of what admin may mean to Blitz, I don't believe he really ever expects to see a penny of the director's loans. However, his best hope of seeing at least something in return on the overall investment - but nowhere near a profit - is for the club to remain a going concern and to develop a new ground with additional income streams, wherever that may be.

I think it's harsh to say those predicting administration will actually be disappointed if their prediction proves wrong, but I agree few of them have any factual basis for their prediction.

You're correct that TTA and latterly Simon have repeatedly said they won't take the club into administration. I absolutely believe that Simon will not willingly take the club into adminstration. What you seem to be ignoring is under what circumstances it may become out of Simon's control.

On the subject of what admin may mean to Blitz, I don't believe he really ever expects to see a penny of the director's loans. However, his best hope of seeing at least something in return on the overall investment - but nowhere near a profit - is for the club to remain a going concern and to develop a new ground with additional income streams, wherever that may be.

Latics should ask Manchester City immediately if they will settle for £1 million to get out of the Micah Richards clause, at least it will be a short term answer to the clubs financial problems.

For City to be seen as helping out a local struggling outfit would be great publicity for their owners - and possibly save them £1 million or more in the long term.

It's a win win situation for both clubs.

In law many deals are settled out of court and this would amount to a similar situation.

Edited by BP1960

To be fair, Corney has his limitations, but even he is not going to sit there and go "yup, I reckon we'll be in administration by May". Let's get real with this one. He HAS to say that we won't go into admin. To proclaim we will would mean no investors would even look at the club until it happens, none of these development investors would come back, fans may shy away and the morale of the team will go even lower than it is right now. To think that Corney would be honest and admit administration will happen is fanciful. He admits it is a possibility. He says he doesn't want to do it. What motivation would he ever have to say anything else?

I don't believe he wants to do it. I, at the moment, believe it will happen. I'll be absolutely ecstatic if it doesn't. On current form, we may not be 10 points clear of the bottom 4 come the end of the season. This is very precarious and to suggest any Latics fan will be unhappy if the club doesn't go into Administration is as fanciful as expecting Corney to be honest about the prospect of it happenning.

So my point is if fans keep saying the Club is going into Administration and putting the word round to everyone they meet, the damage you state [highlighted by me in bold] will be happening already, albeit to a much lesser degree than if Corney said it.

Those who believe it will happen may see it as the only way to save the Club, for which they will be happy.

I'm not ignoring the circumstances whereby it may become out of Corney's control. What I'm saying is let's take him at his word and if it happens, so be it and many will be happy if that's the only way to save the Club. Meanwhile let's not go round telling everyone the Club is to go into Administration, not as a prediction, but as a statement of fact apparently based on a disbelief of what Corney says.

That's fair enough, can't disagree with that at all. And I hadn't accommodated the possibility that some might see admin as a favourable route for the club - I don't agree but I could see the basis of an argument to that effect.

I might be pessimistic myself, but one thing that has annoyed me more than anything in recent weeks is the persistent spreading of unfounded rumour - that can only damage the club.

I'm not sure what fans are supposed to say. We're f'd. We've been f'd for a long time. We're now that bit further down the road to our ultimate f'd destination. There's no point hiding from the situation or trusting that Super Simon will save the day.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

What I'm trying to get at is that there's a difference between pessimism (or realism...) based on fact and peddling unfounded rumours about TTA's "real" intent or that we're heading into admin next week because ... blah blah blah.

So my point is if fans keep saying the Club is going into Administration and putting the word round to everyone they meet, the damage you state [highlighted by me in bold] will be happening already, albeit to a much lesser degree than if Corney said it.

Those who believe it will happen may see it as the only way to save the Club, for which they will be happy.

That additional point is fair enough. Say enough and it will happen. However, I'd imagine a potential investor will take little notice of rumours on here. It isnt hard to sign an NDA and have a look for yourself. In addition, not paying wages has hardly sent a message of financial security to the masses has it?!?!

I'm not sure what fans are supposed to say. We're f'd. We've been f'd for a long time. We're now that bit further down the road to our ultimate f'd destination. There's no point hiding from the situation or trusting that Super Simon will save the day.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Trying to run a Club on crowds of less than 4,000 and being kicked in the assets consistently by the Council would appear to be leading to one inevitable conclusion. Meanwhile, as I said elsewhere, where there's life there's hope, and as long as the Club survives, it's up to supporters to do just that, support instead of going round saying we're f'd and wallowing in despair.

Trying to run a Club on crowds of less than 4,000 and being kicked in the assets consistently by the Council would appear to be leading to one inevitable conclusion. Meanwhile, as I said elsewhere, where there's life there's hope, and as long as the Club survives, it's up to supporters to do just that, support instead of going round saying we're f'd and wallowing in despair.

I think that it is a real shame that Trust has not stood up and galvanised a response. What is the point of having a "fan" on the board and when hard times like this arrive, we don't have the benefit of knowledge. OK, there is a need for careful consideration but surely the Trust Committee can respond?

I think that it is a real shame that Trust has not stood up and galvanised a response. What is the point of having a "fan" on the board and when hard times like this arrive, we don't have the benefit of knowledge. OK, there is a need for careful consideration but surely the Trust Committee can respond?

Nothing has been announced, so there is nothing to respond to. As soon as there is an announcement over the immediate future of the club, then there will be a statement. As it is, we are all playing a waiting game. We could put out a statement saying how disappointing it was that Failsworth didn't happen blah, blah, blah but it would serve no purpose.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Conversely, by the time something is announced it could be too late to do anything about it. Nothing wrong in getting involved, sharing the options, gauging opinion, using the influence of fan power. 98% of the time, owners are best advised not to listen to the fans too closely. Now is the other 2%.

Nothing has been announced, so there is nothing to respond to. As soon as there is an announcement over the immediate future of the club, then there will be a statement. As it is, we are all playing a waiting game. We could put out a statement saying how disappointing it was that Failsworth didn't happen blah, blah, blah but it would serve no purpose.

You could take a position on your thoughts about the immediate future of the club. You could drive and be proactive rather than wait for the ground to be sold and the move and then respond with protests

But the plan was to reconnect it.

Of course that might not happen.

Maybe, some of the fans who thought Bltiz would make billions were also missing the Directors loans.

Still, if there is a chance he gets that moeny back, he will hang on in there.

If he could ahve sperated it off, he would have had many opportunities, and many an ocaison to be tempted to do so already.

I am not blind to the fact he might not join it all back to it, it would be easy and must be tempting, just that he has earned enough credit from us for us to not assume the worst, jsut prepare for the worst.

Never seen anything stating the plan was to reconnect it back together...

Conversely, by the time something is announced it could be too late to do anything about it. Nothing wrong in getting involved, sharing the options, gauging opinion, using the influence of fan power. 98% of the time, owners are best advised not to listen to the fans too closely. Now is the other 2%.

There is stuff happening in the background and we're constantly guaging opinion, in our own way. We just don't feel that a statement would add anything at the present time. An offer was made, as it always is, for people to come to the last Trust meeting on February 17th. The first half hour is open to all comers. One fan turned up.

The next Trust meeting is on Thursday 17th March at 7pm in the sponsors box at Boundary Park. The same offer applies. We would also welcome anybody who feels that they could offer their time to the Trust, even if they don't want to immediately (or ever) become a director.