Fans Forum: Tara Leisure Centre Shaw

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because other clubs were lowballing their offers and the club, for once, agreed with the fans not to accept fire sale bids. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Or, more miserably, because a few hundred thousand wouldn't have made more than a temporary dent in the losses or covered costs for more than a few weeks or months. Maybe they thought clinging on to him in the hope he'd help lead us to promotion would be worth more.

Sorry, this was meant for Dish.

Edited by Crusoe

Probably because other clubs were lowballing their offers and the club, for once, agreed with the fans not to accept fire sale bids. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Or, more miserably, because a few hundred thousand wouldn't have made more than a temporary dent in the losses or covered costs for more than a few weeks or months. Maybe they thought clinging on to him in the hope he'd help lead us to promotion would be worth more.

Sorry, this was meant for Dish.

Taylor hasn't wanted to leave the club either. Not to Scunthorpe anyways.

Had quick report from an attendee ...too many dodged questions...says he is no wiser now than he was at 7pm.

+1 to that. A lot of ridiculous questions asked too! honestly some people....

Overall i think the team did well in their answers though there was a bit of dodging around some of the questions, they aren't too keen on revealing anything, though they sound hopeful they might have something in the pipeline though its not concrete or anything so don't want to build hopes up.

The only other thing of note was the Micah Richards situation. Corney asked for a bit of feedback as to how the fans think we should go with it as there is two potential scenarios which may happen that wont be good for us. Richards could buy himself out of his contract in a couple years time if he wanted and we would end up with nothing or we could accept another offer from city if they came in with one for the sell out clause but then he could be sold the next season for X amount of millions. Most seemed to agree (me included) that if City come back we should accept their offer (as long as its a decent one).

Can honestly say nothing else of importance was really said, apart from maybe a bit of clarification on some issues for some on stuff like ownership of brassbank and why cant we stay at Boundary Park which im sure most on here have an idea of already.

There may be more im missing out (im sure others will give more details) but i can honestly say if your gutted you couldn't go tonight don't be, your none the wiser i was at 7:30 this evening!!

Overall i think the team did well in their answers though there was a bit of dodging around some of the questions, they aren't too keen on revealing anything, though they sound hopeful they might have something in the pipeline though its not concrete or anything so don't want to build hopes up.

The only other thing of note was the Micah Richards situation. Corney asked for a bit of feedback as to how the fans think we should go with it as there is two potential scenarios which may happen that wont be good for us. Richards could buy himself out of his contract in a couple years time if he wanted and we would end up with nothing or we could accept another offer from city if they came in with one for the sell out clause but then he could be sold the next season for X amount of millions. Most seemed to agree (me included) that if City come back we should accept their offer (as long as its a decent one).

Can honestly say nothing else of importance was really said, apart from maybe a bit of clarification on some issues for some on stuff like ownership of brassbank and why cant we stay at Boundary Park which im sure most on here have an idea of already.

There may be more im missing out (im sure others will give more details) but i can honestly say if your gutted you couldn't go tonight don't be, your none the wiser i was at 7:30 this evening!!

Was the q asked as to where we would be playing next season?

anyone ask what the excuse was for that second half performance

From what was said a ground share would be from either bury,Rochdale or Stockport but like others have said came away none the wiser.....corney and hardy would make good politicians the way questions where dodged

Did anyone really expect more???

Last one out, turn the lights off...............................................

Was the q asked as to where we would be playing next season?

It was and that was one of the dodged questions in my opinion, they just said they are looking at the options at suitable grounds for the clubs needs nearby but then said there is a chance they may not be able to play at those grounds due to their other commitments (Rochdale for example have the Hornets). They did say we could stay at Boundary Park but there is all the cost involved etc. Again im sure their response was it's up in the air in the minute. Simon did mention he's hoping to announce one or two things in the coming weeks if things work out well but again he said he didnt want to raise false hope so didnt say further.

anyone ask what the excuse was for that second half performance

I don't remember an excuse being given but Dickov accepted full responsibility for it an hopes to put that right this saturday. Him an Taggert got plenty of ribbing about it from Corney though ha

One guy made the point of 'i took my grandson on sat for his 6th birthday, and at the end of the day he came away in tears (in relation to the result)' and it didn't come across as tounge in cheek, well i didnt find it as such. I mean some people, what does he expect? a full apology after every bad showing that makes his Grandson cry? he was rightly laughed at but Dickov in fairness said he hopes to put that right next home game an offered his Grandson to come into the changing rooms