Players still not paid

One of the players is on Facebook, not a happy bunny at all about not being paid, and they still haven't been paid today.

I read that Wednesday would be the latest day they are paid, but I suppose they still have time to pay them before the day is out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well go and tell that player that we are not exactly over the moon at the thought of possibly not having a football club to support in the near future !

He has really gone down in my estimation because of what he's been saying last few days! He's not a mate just added as a Latics player. Footballers on social networks eh? Understand the frustration at not being paid, but not the way to react.

One of the players is on Facebook, not a happy bunny at all about not being paid, and they still haven't been paid today.

I read that Wednesday would be the latest day they are paid, but I suppose they still have time to pay them before the day is out.

The moron certainly shouldn't be ranting about it on facebook. I'd lose my job if i did that.

LEWI - I thought it might be him, not sure why but he immediatly sprung to mind.

In which case not much evaluation needed

It wasn't Lewi that I'm talking about, should I name? I've asked Ackey, don't want to get in trouble etc! I think the club should be informed, as said before, can't slag off your employers.

It wasn't Lewi that I'm talking about, should I name? I've asked Ackey, don't want to get in trouble etc! I think the club should be informed, as said before, can't slag off your employers.

1) Don't name the player - you could cost him two week's wages.

2) I don't think fans should go running to the club complaining about a player telling the truth.

3) I don't think the player should be posting stuff like this.

4) The club should sort itself out and pay its staff. It's a disgrace.

1) Don't name the player - you could cost him two week's wages.

2) I don't think fans should go running to the club complaining about a player telling the truth.

3) I don't think the player should be posting stuff like this.

4) The club should sort itself out and pay its staff. It's a disgrace.

these 2!

Some of the players wont be on a big wage at all*. They will have bills to pay. As someone who worked for Woolworths and didn't get paid I can say I was ranting about it.

If you didn't get paid last week - how would you feel?

*I dont know who it is though.

Some of the players wont be on a big wage at all*. They will have bills to pay. As someone who worked for Woolworths and didn't get paid I can say I was ranting about it.

If you didn't get paid last week - how would you feel?

*I dont know who it is though.

Given I know who it is I would suggest this is most certainly a factor.

Doesn't make it right to moan on facebook, that's just stupid, but it's certainly not someone who can't buy another diamond watch!

He has really gone down in my estimation because of what he's been saying last few days! He's not a mate just added as a Latics player. Footballers on social networks eh? Understand the frustration at not being paid, but not the way to react.

Who is it? :unsure:

Pm me :wink:

My daughter used to work behind the main stand bar for a season and she was rarely paid the correct amount and never on time. It is a shambles form top to bottom.

Similar situation when I was a ballboy in the late 90's. In my first season with the first team games we got a drink & something eat from the pie stand. In my second season we went to coffee from a flask & rich tea biscuits!! If Facebook had been around I would have vented my anger in no uncertain terms. Should have seen these problems occurring then.

Try moaning about your own employer on facebook and see where it gets you, Monty.

Do we actually knoiw that the facebook account in question is even genuine?

I can see the conversation back at BP - "You can't fine me last week's wages, I haven't had them yet!" :blink:

whats the problem with moaning about it on facebook then? i cant see any.

It's extremely unprofessional and could potentially lead to disciplinary action. (Although mitigating circumstances would almost certainly be taken into account.)

ok its unprofessional and even childish, but its not as bad as hiring someone then not paying them. suppose it depends what he has said. if it goes no further than 'not been paid again and i cant pay my bills, this is very unprofessional what a set of jokers.' or words to that effect, then i cant see a problem.