Players still not paid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine if the players gave been paid still despite several

Promises and that includes the players who gave left and helped out the club by delaying their payments

It's not the players fault it's the people running the club. If I didn't get paid on my job, I'd be pretty peed off and would struggle to pay my bills. Many if these players are not on a fortune so why should they suffer

Why shouldn't he be annoyed - I would if my employers didn't pay me and then I couldn't pay my bills. He's probably not on a fortune so this will cause him hardship which isn't his fault. None of the players have been paid, even the ones who were so called paid up. They agreed to help the club by spreading their payments and now haven't been paid either despite promises. The club have publicly admitted cash flow problems and with outstanding debts the directors are trading their company insolently. This is not the players fault - it's bad management

Why didn't you post on owtb then?

Why didn't you post on owtb then?

First I was at work so this was done in and out of pretending to be useful.

Second, a timeline;

1. User contacted me saying they knew a player who was moaning on Facebook. Was it ok to post on OWTB. I said if they have proof it's not libellous and I had no objections.

2. I found out from the user who it was but had no verification.

3. I argued with my other half on this thread about morals, after it was revealed the profile was public and then it was posted by another user who it was.

My action or lack there of has no influence on the morals of the situation.

1.) I don't think its right that he was named on here.

2.) Moaning about not being paid on F-book is very unprofessional- no matter the occupation but even more so if you do what he does.

3.) Having a facebook public profile and moaning about stuff is just plain dumb. Its like hitting the reply to all button, anything you say on facebook in such circumstances is in the public domain you get named and shamed TS.

4.) If I was paying his wages I'd call him into my office tomorrow and tell him his contract is not going to be renewed. Football is a very public business and doing this is not far removed from saying the club are signing so and so.

The T's and C's of Twitter are fairly ambiguous, I haven't looked at Facebook's but I can bet they will be similar. Public tweets are publishable.

The PCC for all of their wisdom (and I would argue that this is another instance of them not having any) have stated that messages posted on Twitter should be considered public and fair game for being published in newspapers and magazines. The Star, etc regularly print ripped celebs tweets, The Indy and the Mail ran a story on the DoT off a twitter timeline. Unprotected Facebook timelines would probably fall into the same category.

It's all Churnalism, and like I said - don't get me started on it.

Here is a simple rule to combat all this.

The simple conclusion to draw from this case, and those that have gone before, is that you shouldn’t place anything on the Web that you don’t want to be seen by anyone and everyone. The content being written statements, photographs, videos, and anything else you can think of, the places on the Web being blogs, personal websites, social networking sites, and more besides. If you’re not sure whether you should post something then you probably shouldn’t

Why on earth would anyone be friends with <snip> on facebook if you didn't even know him? I'd struggle to fathom why you'd want to be friends with any Latics player you didn't know anyway, but <snip>...

How sad.

Social networking is not just about mates. If it was, you'd just phone them rather than add on there. Why do people follow celebs all the time on FB and Twitter then if they don't know them? The point is to get an insight into their life.

Ryan Babel has over 200,000 followers on Twitter, pretty sure they aren't all mates on first name terms. Why would the papers pick up on a story and the FA charge him over something he publicly did on the internet, when he should have known better anyway, and if they don't even know him?

Could have all been prevented anyway if a) didn't say it for anyone on the internet to see, b)locked his profile, or c) they had the money to pay the players on time! :disappointed:

How sad.

Social networking is not just about mates. If it was, you'd just phone them rather than add on there. Why do people follow celebs all the time on FB and Twitter then if they don't know them? The point is to get an insight into their life.

Ryan Babel has over 200,000 followers on Twitter, pretty sure they aren't all mates on first name terms. Why would the papers pick up on a story and the FA charge him over something he publicly did on the internet, when he should have known better anyway, and if they don't even know him?

Could have all been prevented anyway if a) didn't say it for anyone on the internet to see, b)locked his profile, or c) they had the money to pay the players on time! :disappointed:

How sad.

latics fans stuck in the past as usual ;)

How sad.

I've got no idea, it's pathetic. I can kind of understand the whole celebrity stalking thing (not my bag but each to their own)...I just wouldn't have put <snip> particularly high up on anyone's list, except perhaps mummy and daddy <snip>.

I've got no idea, it's pathetic. I can kind of understand the whole celebrity stalking thing (not my bag but each to their own)...I just wouldn't have put <snip> particularly high up on anyone's list, except perhaps mummy and daddy <snip>.

:lol: Yes I suppose stalking him a great idea, but popped up as one of those 'friend of a friend' suggestions, and added a few players!

Facebook? That's up there with Glee as being used by nonces and teenage girls isn't it?

That's quite an interesting way of describing 600,000,000 people.

As MaskedOwl said

latics fans stuck in the past as usual

I don't think this internet thing is going to catch on, clearly a passing fad.

Same as social networking, people having a feed to other people despite a tenuous link in the offline world getting unmitigated access to that person's stream of conciousness without going through the filter of the media or even PR in some cases. That will never catch on, man's thirst for knowledge about things they would never normally not get to know about is just an alien concept that clearly has no grounding in fact or reality.