Season of 2 halves....AGAIN.

Should we look to return to the line-ups (where possible) we had towards the start of the season.

I.e. Bring back Mvoto and Hazell in defence and restore Black to left back.

Also put Jones back to the right wing slot to give some stability.

We just appear to be too lightweight.

This is just a reaction, part knee-jerk, part considered.

We just need to do something.

Should we look to return to the line-ups (where possible) we had towards the start of the season.

I.e. Bring back Mvoto and Hazell in defence and restore Black to left back.

Also put Jones back to the right wing slot to give some stability.

We just appear to be too lightweight.

This is just a reaction, part knee-jerk, part considered.

We just need to do something.

Not sure about the M'Voto thing (fine for next season, don't see the point for now). But a fit Hazell back in for Todd please.

Jones on the right? Yup. He seems to invite Lee to overlap more and that gets the midfield two in to more attacking positions.

Then, with what we've got, where do you play Taylor, Alessandra, Morais? And I'm finally accepting Tonk has lost it. So I'd probably give Brooke his chance.

No preferences between Evina and Black. Both equally capable of being done by the opposition!

Not sure about the M'Voto thing (fine for next season, don't see the point for now). But a fit Hazell back in for Todd please.

Jones on the right? Yup. He seems to invite Lee to overlap more and that gets the midfield two in to more attacking positions.

Then, with what we've got, where do you play Taylor, Alessandra, Morais? And I'm finally accepting Tonk has lost it. So I'd probably give Brooke his chance.

No preferences between Evina and Black. Both equally capable of being done by the opposition!

Finally people are seeing the light, i hope Dickov has aswell.. he's not a Footballer!

Finally people are seeing the light, i hope Dickov has aswell.. he's not a Footballer!

he hasnt played well for while now, but neither have the whole team. get the team playing again with some confidence, and he'll start playing well again. but until then, he needs a rest

Notts County employ a Tactical Analyst called Hannah Herbert. Perhaps Latics could do the same and I bet there would be no shortage of applicants, or even unpaid volunteers, from among OWTB members. :)

Doesn't Duxbury do all this? Or is he showing Dickov some drawings he's done during the game?

Notts County employ a Tactical Analyst called Hannah Herbert. Perhaps Latics could do the same and I bet there would be no shortage of applicants, or even unpaid volunteers, from among OWTB members. :)

Well we certainly have our fair share of Herberts on here!!!

I'd sacrifice pace and trickery for solidity:

Amos

Winchester, MVoto, Hazell, Black

Jones, Furman, Lee, Alessandra

Tounkara & Taylor

with 7 from Brill, Mantom, Morais, White, Evina, Brooke, Reid, Stephens & Trotman on the bench

Let's rebuild the confidence and get that first goal - then we can bring pace into the game later on. :huh:

Amos

Tounkara & Taylor

with 7 from Brill, Mantom, Morais, White, Evina, Brooke, Reid, Stephens & Trotman on the bench

Let's rebuild the confidence and get that first goal - then we can bring pace into the game later on. :huh:

i think you're right about being solid and then adding pace and tricks later in the game. not sure about winchester though, lee has been one of the most consistent players all season and we'd miss him. we need stephens and furman back together as soon as we can. there has to be a coincidence between them last playing together and the team last scoring

Amos

Tounkara & Taylor

tomorrow id play

amos

lee,hazell,trottman,black

jones stephens alibada moirais

feeney taylor

then the rest as subs... mvoto wont be back in time or fit enough..but if by chance he is then id play him all day long with hazell....tonks has ran out of steam and ideas....