No home fans in RRE for the visit of Tranmere

I take it you're just a halfwit then........You are welcome to the Chaddy, it's a crap stand with no atmosphere, I happen to like the RRE and I like to have a drink before the game and at half time, I also like to watch the game from a decent stand with in uninterupted view......nothing wrong with that is there!!!

So I'm the halfwit cos I haven't thrown all my toys out the pram cos I can't go in the nicest stand? Well whoop de :censored:ing doo.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm the halfwit cos I haven't thrown all my toys out the pram cos I can't go in the nicest stand? Well whoop de :censored:ing doo.

It's nowt to do with toys being thrown out of the pram - more of away fans being accomodated to try and save a few shilling in the short term - when in fact they've lost money pissing fans off in the long term!

Shutting the rochdale rd end down to season ticket holders for Sheff Wed 1300 on a Tuesday night = Joke.

Shutting the rochdale rd end down to season ticket holders for Tranmere on a Monday night LIVE Sky game - Possibly 800? = Bigger Joke!!

They are only 2 examples from this month! Never mind from the last 3 years, that are seriously contributing to the club having losing more fans.

It's nowt to do with toys being thrown out of the pram - more of away fans being accomodated to try and save a few shilling in the short term - when in fact they've lost money pissing fans off in the long term!

Shutting the rochdale rd end down to season ticket holders for Sheff Wed 1300 on a Tuesday night = Joke.

Shutting the rochdale rd end down to season ticket holders for Tranmere on a Monday night LIVE Sky game - Possibly 800? = Bigger Joke!!

They are only 2 examples from this month! Never mind from the last 3 years, that are seriously contributing to the club having losing more fans.

If it's more than 500 I'll show my arse in Spindles the following Saturday morning.

Does anyone think its a good idea? <_<

i do apart from now having to put up with the chavs from RRE in the chaddy end again. we shouldnt even sell season tickets in the RRE. give small section to away fans dont use big section save money across the whole of the season and get the few fans we actually have all together instead of spreading 3000 across 9000 seats

I really and truly think some fans need to re-assess their priorities.

Let's just remind those who may have forgotten in the midsts of their trivial bouts of self pity. The club is in deep, deep :censored:.

So the club makes a decision that makes perfect financial and logistical sense, which requires the minor inconvenience to those who go in the RRE of having to go in the Chaddy or Main stand instead. Is moving stands really so terrible a prospect that it alone leads you to consider whether or not to go?

If such a pitifully minor upheaval is too much for you to cope with, how the :censored: are you going to manage when we move grounds?

for me it doesnt make perfect financial or logistical sense though....because there will still be 3 stands open...there will still be 3 sets of stewards,3 sets of police,3 stands worth of electric on.

if were accomodating tranmere fans in the small section of the rre then surely it is better to put the home fans in the big section and the main stand,the chaddy doesnt even need to be open...there is still a bookies in rre,the view is better due to no stantions,you can get a beer in there.......to me that would make more sense.

i would hazard a guess and say if the club do it there way money saved is going to be minimal...the atmosphere is going to be near on non existant.and your still going to hear the away fans over the home fans...if people are seriously questioning going to this game now because of this i think the club need to take stock and reasess the situation....

i do apart from now having to put up with the chavs from RRE in the chaddy end again. we shouldnt even sell season tickets in the RRE. give small section to away fans dont use big section save money across the whole of the season and get the few fans we actually have all together instead of spreading 3000 across 9000 seats

get the few fans we actually have all together instead of spreading 3000 across 9000 seats

And the Chavs as you put it from the RRE will sit where exactly.....doh!!

Edhunteruk - some fair points there. There will be some saving in steward and police costs due to not having both sets of fans in the same stand. Whether that justifies the move is another matter.

Edited by garcon

get the few fans we actually have all together instead of spreading 3000 across 9000 seats

And the Chavs as you put it from the RRE will sit where exactly.....doh!!

They'd be in the Chaddy or the Main stand. There's about 4500 seats across those 2 which is enough to accomodate the home fans for most games (sadly).

I'm not happy at the RRE being shut to home fans for this one, but I suppose it's really due to the lack of support in general. If the board thought we'd get more than 3500 home fans, they'd probably have the RRE available. As it is there will hopefully be 2000 in the chaddy and 1000 in the main stand, so those 2 stands will look reasonably full.

They'd be in the Chaddy or the Main stand. There's about 4500 seats across those 2 which is enough to accomodate the home fans for most games (sadly).

I'm not happy at the RRE being shut to home fans for this one, but I suppose it's really due to the lack of support in general. If the board thought we'd get more than 3500 home fans, they'd probably have the RRE available. As it is there will hopefully be 2000 in the chaddy and 1000 in the main stand, so those 2 stands will look reasonably full.

There's about 4500 seats across those 2

Actually it's well over 6000 so they will still look empty..... If it's as they said an attempt to create a better atmosphere they would have been better shutting the Chaddy so the Tranmere fans would be sandwiched between all the home fans.

Meh, if it kicks off the club will look bad and Sky probably won't show one of our games live for a while as a "punishment" and no matter that it probably won't kick-off Tranmere is a likely game for it to happen. So moving our fans out of the RRE, which will reduce this risk, is not unjustified.

Moving home fans out of the RRE for that purpose makes some sense. The same with moving in order to reduce policing costs, especially with the financial situation we are in. Some on here would still complain though despite essentially getting £20 for the convenience and knowing full well at the start of the season that if they have to move Tranmere is a very likely game.

However, moving fans to create a better atmosphere is nonsense, but then again I'd expect nothing less from the PR own goal machine that is Oldham Athletic AFC 2004.

Meh, if it kicks off the club will look bad and Sky probably won't show one of our games live for a while as a "punishment" and no matter that it probably won't kick-off Tranmere is a likely game for it to happen. So moving our fans out of the RRE, which will reduce this risk, is not unjustified.

Moving home fans out of the RRE for that purpose makes some sense. The same with moving in order to reduce policing costs, especially with the financial situation we are in. Some on here would still complain though despite essentially getting £20 for the convenience and knowing full well at the start of the season that if they have to move Tranmere is a very likely game.

However, moving fans to create a better atmosphere is nonsense, but then again I'd expect nothing less from the PR own goal machine that is Oldham Athletic AFC 2004.

There's very little trouble inside grounds these days due to segregation and 95% of any trouble occurs outside the ground after the game so why do they let both sets of fans out at the same time?

Keeping the away fans in for a few minutes at the end of a game was a regular occurrence a few years and it seemed to work rather well.

Anybody know why it doesn't happen anymore?

Whilst reading this part of it turned into a RRE v Chaddy debate again.. I disagree with the club moving the entire home fans in RRE for sake of 500 Trannie fans.. Here's a small idea for the debate..

Next time a club is expected to bring 1000+ how about, moving them to the chaddy, and having the chaddy fans have the choice of main and RRE? Be good for the club to at least try this for one game.. if they do it, then they should stress it's just a one-off experiment so fans would not feel alienated..

Trannie game, how much will the club actually save? The stewards stand between home fans and the barrier to away fans.. even then the fans would be in the end block of RRE.. Hundreds home fans will still be going behind the RRE before and after the game.. The lighting etc will still be on in big section of RRE.. RRE will look ridiculous with absolutely no fans behind the goal in the big bit, they'll all be in the end block.. Well done on saving basically saving f all on the game, reducing the atmosphere even more (Joe Royle return game was against Tranmere and we still had the large section then, why not now?! the atmosphere was superb,and would of been even if it wasn't big Joe's return..) You can barely hear fans singing in Chaddy from the half way line.. Way to go Latics putting the singing fans into the stand where the players can barely even hear you!! You'd be better of sticking Trannies into Chaddy and moving Chaddy into main/RRE in the point i made above..

There's very little trouble inside grounds these days due to segregation and 95% of any trouble occurs outside the ground after the game so why do they let both sets of fans out at the same time?

Keeping the away fans in for a few minutes at the end of a game was a regular occurrence a few years and it seemed to work rather well.

Anybody know why it doesn't happen anymore?

I agree with you that there is very little trouble inside the grounds and think there is more to it than segregation- but that's a debate for another time. I was meerly suggesting some very plausible reasons for why the club moved those in the RRE, well more plausible than a better atmosphere anyway.

I also agree with you that keeping away fans behind for a few minutes would drastically reduce the risk of trouble and perhaps it should be done more often. However, that trouble won't be on the Sky cameras (although it might be audible), so won't make the club (and Sky) look bad- I'm not saying it makes the trouble less wrong though.

Whilst reading this part of it turned into a RRE v Chaddy debate again.. I disagree with the club moving the entire home fans in RRE for sake of 500 Trannie fans.. Here's a small idea for the debate..

Next time a club is expected to bring 1000+ how about, moving them to the chaddy, and having the chaddy fans have the choice of main and RRE? Be good for the club to at least try this for one game.. if they do it, then they should stress it's just a one-off experiment so fans would not feel alienated..

Trannie game, how much will the club actually save? The stewards stand between home fans and the barrier to away fans.. even then the fans would be in the end block of RRE.. Hundreds home fans will still be going behind the RRE before and after the game.. The lighting etc will still be on in big section of RRE.. RRE will look ridiculous with absolutely no fans behind the goal in the big bit, they'll all be in the end block.. Well done on saving basically saving f all on the game, reducing the atmosphere even more (Joe Royle return game was against Tranmere and we still had the large section then, why not now?! the atmosphere was superb,and would of been even if it wasn't big Joe's return..) You can barely hear fans singing in Chaddy from the half way line.. Way to go Latics putting the singing fans into the stand where the players can barely even hear you!! You'd be better of sticking Trannies into Chaddy and moving Chaddy into main/RRE in the point i made above..

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said but can I ask where you sit and should those season ticket holders in the Chaddy get a proportion of the discount that the season ticket holders in the RRE get as a result?

There's about 4500 seats across those 2

Actually it's well over 6000 so they will still look empty..... If it's as they said an attempt to create a better atmosphere they would have been better shutting the Chaddy so the Tranmere fans would be sandwiched between all the home fans.

6000 capacity in those 2 definitely means there's enough room for all the chaddy enders, all the main stand regulars and all the "chavs" from the RRE then. Maybe the club should try shutting the chaddy for the next pre-season friendly games to get people to try the RRE? Use the chaddy for away fans, allow people to swap STs from Chaddy to RRE and if enough go for it, make the chaddy the stand that is switched for the RRE small section if the away gate merits it?

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said but can I ask where you sit and should those season ticket holders in the Chaddy get a proportion of the discount that the season ticket holders in the RRE get as a result?

Main Stand again now.. Had season ticket in RRE few years back in the Sheridan/Royle season.. Sat in Chaddy for a few games before.. My opinion is that main stand best for views, and RRE best for atmoshere.. Chaddy loses out in both.. (Included that before people start saying have you been in all the stands blah blah)

The prices in Chaddy and RRE the same aren't they?

Main Stand again now.. Had season ticket in RRE few years back in the Sheridan/Royle season.. Sat in Chaddy for a few games before.. My opinion is that main stand best for views, and RRE best for atmoshere.. Chaddy loses out in both.. (Included that before people start saying have you been in all the stands blah blah)

The prices in Chaddy and RRE the same aren't they?

Season tickets were £20 cheaper

Season tickets were £20 cheaper

Ah ok, however if anyone did bring that up genuinely for one game, then hundreds of fans will be claiming 'discounts' from when RRE has to move into Main/Chaddy.

However, i wouldnt imagine many would bring up the issue of that for one game as an experiment..

Just realised however their may be some problem for the fans who sit under the Corner Flag Suite linking Chaddy & the remains of the Lookers//