Dickov - the players won't go through the motions

What a load of rubbish! The players couldn't care less today! Poor from start to finish, no shots again apart from 30 yard no hopers! What has happened to the spirit?? Orient dominated from start to finish and should have scored more! Stephens was shocking and Tonk did nothing all game but that was nothing compared to the shift White put in! can't see a win coming anytime soon.

What a load of rubbish! The players couldn't care less today! Poor from start to finish, no shots again apart from 30 yard no hopers! What has happened to the spirit?? Orient dominated from start to finish and should have scored more! Stephens was shocking and Tonk did nothing all game but that was nothing compared to the shift White put in! can't see a win coming anytime soon.

I assume you went?

Seems like an obvious question, since you certainly talk as if you did, but you never know with some people.

If it wasn't for a decent start we'd be absolute certs for the drop..........

First 16 games W7 D6 L3 F26 A17 GD +9 27PTS

Last 19 games W4 D7 L8 F23 A34 GD -11 19PTS

We've only won 11 out of 35!

I'm backing Dickov to get it right next season but as in previous years the second half of the season has been woeful....why does it keep happening?

Edited by oafc1955

A tough ask? - nye on impossible I would say!

So long as the fans understand this and don't call for his head next season. We need a few years with the same management in charge, if that means a few seasons of mid-table finishes then so be it. Good football and entertainment is more important to me right now than a promotion. Although I wouldn't dismiss a promotion if it was to happen somehow :grin:

If you were Dickov, would you stay?

There's going to be a reduced budget next season, not knowing where we're going to play, possible administration.

Phoenix from the flames, but recently he's looked decidedly less positive, and so many things are outside his control.

I know he knew that when he took the job, but I bet it's x times harder than he thought.

Try riding a bike in treacle, with both hands tied behind your back.

Yeah I went, it was as bad as anything under penny

Tarky looked nervy but did ok, would still rather trotman though, mantom did alright when he come on for furman but after the 80 minutes I had seen before that anything that could string a pass would have looked ok

Sorry, we must have been at different matches.

Tarky had a magnificent debut yesterday and orient certainly didn't dominate the game.

They had the best chances but we were certainly good enough for the point.

We just sat off Mpoku (?) just a little too long before he got his wonder shot in.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as what we witnessed under Penney.

Tarky had a magnificent debut yesterday and orient certainly didn't dominate the game.

We just sat off Mpoku (?) just a little too long before he got his wonder shot in.

Well I must have been at the same game as Nikki...

Tarkowski was (understandably) nervous and many clearances were sliced or mi:censored: - overall an okay performance but magnificent? Nah.

Good enough for a point? Probably but that was down to Orient not playing particularly well - we played extremely poorly and too many players just lacked confidence, control and even commitment.

Their goal illustrated all that is wrong and is going wrong at the moment - we were slow to close down the youngster and his shot, though hit well, swerved viciously to leave Amos with no chance to readjust having set his feet to go to his right.

Whether the performance ranks up there with the worst that we witnessed under Penney - probably not - but it was a poor display by a team in freefall - I cannot see where the next point is coming from.

Edited by TheBigDog

I'm with you on this one, I thought Tarky had a good debut.

A couple of points I would like to make are:

1) With the ball being hoofed up to Tonks, why wasn't Taylor closer to him?

2) Apart from one run, I thought White offered nothing, would still like Jones in that spot as I think him and Lee work well together.

3) With Furman having to go off before he got sent off, we needed someone else who could tackle in the middle (hence players standing off the scorer)......out of those available on the bench, I might have gone for Todd.

Regards tarks performance - given the circumstances of the teams current form, his age and lack of experience, away from home to the countrys form team etc, this was not an easy match to make his debut in. All these points considered, i still stand by my opinion that, taking all these factors into consideration, it was a fantastic debut for the lad. Another great, home grown prospect who hopefully can blossom into a decent, no nonsense centre half with a bright future ahead of him.

I thought we were as bad as i have seen us under Dickov. Reminded me of Acrrinton with our sloppyness

We didnt string more than a couple of passes together all game and not once did we test Orients keeper, he didnt make one save as far as i can remember.

I agree with you about Jones, he has to come in for White who was shocking and should not have allowed the shot that resulted in the goal..

Amos pulled off 3 or 4 very good saves and they despite not being that good took the p*ss out of us with their passing at times, admittedly a lot of it resulted in nothing but they were stringing 10-15 passes together and trying to build from the back whilst we did nothing but hoof the ball to Tonks where nothing stuck.

Morais looked dangerous when he rarley saw the ball and Taylor put a shift in but nothing went for him. Tarky did ok but i certainly didnt feel he was as good as Dickov said, he miss-timed so many headers in the first half but he did get better and more confident as the game went on.

Had that have been Oldham today playing at BP and dominating the game the way they did for large periods against an away team that didnt have a shot I would have felt robbed not taking the 3 points

Why are the management and coaching team sticking with this hoofing of the ball from the back four.

I hate to see this and it's one of the reasons many fans deserted under RM.

It was the slick passing game which gave fans new hope under PD, if the present tactics continue I fear more fans will desert the club.