What's the Hold Up?

I thought we were supposed to be signing m'voto back? dickov wants him back, and we could do with someone like he was when we was on form.

Also about the stadium, do talks normally drag on this long? or are the rightly keeping quiet until there's something defninitely there?

I thought we were supposed to be signing m'voto back? dickov wants him back, and we could do with someone like he was when we was on form.

Also about the stadium, do talks normally drag on this long? or are the rightly keeping quiet until there's something defninitely there?

Didn't PD say towards the end of last week that M'voto was still a week away from fitness? If so, I wouldn't expect him to arrive for another day or three.

As for the stadium, I've no idea, but I reckon you could be pretty close to the mark.

Also about the stadium, do talks normally drag on this long?

No, not normally. they usually go something along the lines of.

"Alright there, we need a new stadium"

"Anywhere in mind?"

"Yeah, there'll do" **points to plot of land**

"Cool. Send your digger over"

"Thanks"

I think the guy at the plot of land isn't there at the moment though.

Don't forget there are sundry councillors who aren't on the "Miscellaneous Paperclips, Tipp-Ex and Blue-Tack" committee, all sat on their personal crappers ruminating and cogitating about whether it's in their best interests (i.e. getting voted in next time around)to support the new stadium and what expenses they can amass if they support/object.

Some councillors are not like that. It gets very boring when people tar them all with the same brush.

And the current group are set to vote on a proposal to cut their number from 60 to 40.

Some but not all.....otherwise Oldham as a town wouldn't be dying on it's feet.

In tonights MEN there is a letter from a Failsworth resident moaning about they don't want Latics there and are not welcome.

He stated that the council was looking again at the Failsworth option hence his letter.

Maybe Failsworth is back on the agenda !!!

Edited by losesome

In tonights MEN there is a letter from a Failsworth resident moaning about they don't want Latics there and are not welcome.

He stated that the council was looking again at the Failsworth option hence his letter.

Maybe Failsworth is back on the agenda !!!

"Not wanted here

I understand Oldham Athletic FC and the council are thinking of renewing their interest in locating to Broadway Failsworth, after the Charity Commission told them no.Don’t they know they are not wanted in our area. there has got to be other sites around the proper Oldham borough, surely? Why does the council keep getting rate-payers’ money to back up a private company?

CP, New Moston"

Not sure when CP was elected mayor of Failsworth or how s/he's managed to speak to every M35 resident! Nevertheless, I still think this project is dead in the water.

If we do eventually find another site in the borough, which would create investment and a variety of new jobs, we should encourage local jobs for local people. This would exclude the Failsworth Nimbys!

Not that I’m vindictive!

:wink:

He is back training with us!

It will be good to get Mvoto back up front

When's he played there he has looked more threatening than all of our proper forwards do at the minute. In fact him and Bubba could be an absolute nightmare to play against.

I'm assuming that he's allowed to come back (and now Amos has gone can get in the team- epecially until Sam leaves). I expect there to be rules about it- but one of the things the club has been good at is not getting on the wrong side of some of the minutiae of the football league rules.