if I was Warren Feeney

The most Sunday League style sub I have ever seen at Latics. We need to change try and creat that vital chance do we a) a natural striker who plays international football in that position or B) right sided midfielder who is hot and cold but can produce the goods.

No we stick the big lump up there, you wouldn't see that sort of sub Springhead or Hollinwood when your having all the ball.

If I was Warren Feeney I'd try as hard as possible in training and look sharp and interested, and prove all us doubters wrong.

Maybe next week - oh no I forgot you're playing for your beloved norn iron.

I bet he's played more games for them this season than us, well starts anyway.

We desparately need a striker who can score. I know that's a very obvious statement.

I do know 2 strikers who score very week - Jordan. :D

"If I was Warren Feeney...."

I'd buy a DVD player and ask the club to lend me videos of my perfromances this season. And then compare them to my performances for NI.

And I'd ask the club for the edited goal highlights, to waste 30 secs of my time.

Then I'd buy a mirror and take a long hard look at myself (taking care to get those words in the correct order).

feeney needs a few games to get some form, which he wont get because we've got other options. it looks like he's going to be another player who it just hasnt worked for at latics. maybe it still could, but i can't see it, especially this season

I was worried from the off with Feeney when on his first ever latics world interview he was asked how many goals he hpes to achieve this season? He replied, 'Hopefully 10'.

I woould be packing my bags tonight and be leaving tomorrow .

Our International striker must be chuffed that an unfit CB is being brought on ahead of him.

Yeah, for Northern Ireland. It's not even a proper country. It's like saying you're an international for Lancashire.

(i'm joking. Please don't blow my kneecaps off at the Tranmere game.)

Seriously, can't see him being here next season. Hasn't worked out for him here at all, he hasn't really contributed anything, and he appears to be 8th choice striker behind Tounkara, Reid, Brooke, Taylor, Morais, Mvoto and Trotman.

I woould be packing my bags tonight and be leaving tomorrow .

Our International striker must be chuffed that an unfit CB is being brought on ahead of him.

if i was warren feeney i would have busted a gut to score on my debut..i would then have tried 110% to score in every other game,and those i didnt score in i would have given 110% commitment and effort...i would have asked my manager to withdraw me from international duties for meaningless games as my club who pay my wages are more important to me....if my mananger wasnt listening to me i would have asked to go out on loan to regain my confidence then come back scoring to prove i wasnt a massive waste of time and wages my club could have used better....and prove all the doubters wrong

A player with his pedigree doesn't turn into a bad player overnight , he has never had 3/4 games on the trot to prove himself.

And like has been said above bringing mvoto on when 2 strikers are on the bench is sunday league stuff . Also playing Evina narrow was clueless . Sick of it Dickov

A player with his pedigree doesn't turn into a bad player overnight , he has never had 3/4 games on the trot to prove himself.

And like has been said above bringing mvoto on when 2 strikers are on the bench is sunday league stuff . Also playing Evina narrow was clueless . Sick of it Dickov

Send him our way if you want

OK, I wasn't there, but I've got to disagree with that. If you need a goal, you'll try just about anything. Feeney is not a prolific goalscorer and, by my reckoning, he's scored 70 League goals in 287 games stretching back 10 years. Whichever way you look at it, that's either an average of 7 goals a year or 1 in every 4.1 games.

If you want someone to put himself about, do a bit of bullying and (hopefully) get on the end of something, Feeney is the last one you want. At least Trotters & M'Voto will actually get in the box and have a go. A certain Mr Royle used a tried and trusted CB called Ian Marshall up front and that didn't turn out to be too shabby.

You say there were 2 strikers on the bench; correct, as the other one was Tonk and he came on anyway, so I've concentrated this on Feeney (as this is what the thread is about). Let's be honest, if you were a CB facing 3 up top, who would you rather face, Brooke and Feeney with Reid or Tounkara & M'Voto / Trotters with Reid? I know which ones would give me squeaky bum syndrome.

We're not the first to throw a big CB up front and we won't be the last. It's why they're up there at corners and set pieces. Worth a try IMHO and definitely not Sunday League.

Edited by Bristolatic

....I'd be ashamed that I have completely gone against everything I said I would do when I arrived.

Let's not beat about the bush here - on each & every one of his showings; he's looked a really poor player - slow, cumbersome, lethargic, poor awareness, poor touch....the list could go on.

Quite how he gets the NI call-ups I don't know? Its a sad reflection on the state of NI football that he does TBH.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at clubs - IMO this is one of those cases. I hope he leaves ASAP; for our sake in terms of saving his wasted (high) wage, and for him for the sake of his career.

He isnt able to play 3/4 games due to injury and international call ups.. and at least m'voto shoots