DALE STEPHENS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt mid a change even in league 2 !!

i wouldnt say medium sized !

They are and always have been, don't let the big ground impress you. If they weren't near the top of the league it'd be nowhere near full. Although from what I've seen they have their fair share of billy big bollocks fans...

They are and always have been, don't let the big ground impress you. If they weren't near the top of the league it'd be nowhere near full. Although from what I've seen they have their fair share of billy big bollocks fans...

there a bigger club than most of the championship sides. its not just the ground its the training facilitys, the whole set up of the club.

Surely the interest will still be there in the summer? Yet another poor decision that will probably seal our fate, don't forget Dale's our top-scorer too. Sending arguably your most creative midfielder out on loan whilst the team is struggling and likely to be dragged into a relegation battle in the coming weeks is suicide but this is Oldham Athletic innit?

I'm not saying don't sell him, just sell him in the summer (when hopefully he'll have helped us secure yet another season in this God awful league) when there'll be much more interest and from much bigger clubs that Southampton, who are barely a medium sized championship club if we're honest...

If his head has been turned, his agent is in his ear and it all means that he no longer wants to be at the club, then let him leave. He's not so good that he's worth keeping against his will.

I'm not saying that this is the case but it's not implausible.

wouldnt mid a change even in league 2 !!

i wouldnt say medium sized !

If we go down Lee, it's end game. If we don't go down this year we will (without new forward thinking owners and directors) definitely go down next year with the budget that's being planned. Hereford went down with budget of £800k I reckon our 'board' will look to shave another £100-150k off that….given that season ticket sales whatever league we are in will be dire, especially with still no announcement where we are to play next season...

If we go down Lee, it's end game. If we don't go down this year we will (without new forward thinking owners and directors) definitely go down next year with the budget that's being planned. Hereford went down with budget of £800k I reckon our 'board' will look to shave another £100-150k off that….given that season ticket sales whatever league we are in will be dire, especially with still no announcement where we are to play next season...

either way you look at it then it is end game, we will be the next stockport county.

If it's 59 and sub appearances don't count, then there's another £10k conveniently saved.

(No idea what does / doesn't count)

If it keeps the club alive, is it a bad thing?

If it's a loan now, he could yet be back next season. Unlikely, but not impossible.

wont be for penuts because he has just signed a new contract with us.

allways is peanuts how much is eardly worht now? prem player went for 350k worth about 1.5 million now after one season!!!

We sell mega cheap and in a few months there worth 4 times more even rochdale sold a player for 1 million didnt htey lmao

Surely the interest will still be there in the summer? Yet another poor decision that will probably seal our fate, don't forget Dale's our top-scorer too. Sending arguably your most creative midfielder out on loan whilst the team is struggling and likely to be dragged into a relegation battle in the coming weeks is suicide but this is Oldham Athletic innit?

I'm not saying don't sell him, just sell him in the summer (when hopefully he'll have helped us secure yet another season in this God awful league) when there'll be much more interest and from much bigger clubs that Southampton, who are barely a medium sized championship club if we're honest...

BINGO

allways is peanuts how much is eardly worht now? prem player went for 350k worth about 1.5 million now after one season!!!

We sell mega cheap and in a few months there worth 4 times more even rochdale sold a player for 1 million didnt htey lmao

yeah dawson who we had on trial but never signed. the fee could rise to a million.

We settle for less because we need the money and other clubs know it. I don't believe we're fundamentally incompetent or naive.

It's true that we need the cash, but do we need the cash more than Southampton need Stephens?

Also what price would people value Stephens at?

we allways have and allways will sell our selfs short, we must be the only ones that have had owners who end up selling there best players for half or less the price.

Next owners please have CASH and lots of it sick of this get by owners.

we allways have and allways will sell our selfs short, we must be the only ones that have had owners who end up selling there best players for half or less the price.

Next owners please have CASH and lots of it sick of this get by owners.

we will never be bought by rich owners, who is dumb enough to buy us ?

It's true that we need the cash, but do we need the cash more than Southampton need Stephens?

Also what price would people value Stephens at?

If he was at a prem team he be worth 2-3 mil league one team 900k-1 mil ;/

Yes, or we wouldn't be selling him.

As for what he's worth — well, that reflects how much we need the cash. If we were wealthy, I doubt we'd be selling him at all (top scorer, under contract for another two years, first team regular, etc). If we did want to cash in we could play hardball and hold out for, say, £750,000. (I don't think he'd be worth more; he'll be 24 this year, so not exactly an 'up and coming youngster', and we've no idea if he could cut it at a Premier level.)

But, because we need to sell, it'll necessarily be less. I'd be surprised if we got more than £300,000 now.

It's the old, old point — what a player is 'worth' is irrelevant when the sale price is driven by how desperate you are to sell.