DALE STEPHENS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok then ,

you wouldnt find Man City selling James Milner because they need to balance the books.

The would most likely sell him if he wasnt needed not because they needed the money

I've seen it all now. Complaining becasue we have to sell unlike Man City.

If their moneybags chairman pulls out, then yes they will.

Portsmouth had to sell.

They will sell, everyon has to , they could just afford to underwrit the loss.

Even as recently as november they were being told they would have to sell before more signings.

Seel before any more signings

I've seen it all now. Complaining becasue we have to sell unlike Man City.

If their moneybags chairman pulls out, then yes they will.

Portsmouth had to sell.

They will sell, everyon has to , they could just afford to underwrit the loss.

Even as recently as november they were being told they would have to sell before more signings.

Seel before any more signings

Im not complaining ! ,

I was trying to explain to Lee what people mean by "selling clubs"

If he goes now it will be for peanuts as norm for latics i can see stephens being worth some big cash just wish we would take the risk keep old of them and show teams we wont just roll over at the first sniff of a offer so sad ;/

If he goes now it will be for peanuts as norm for latics i can see stephens being worth some big cash just wish we would take the risk keep old of them and show teams we wont just roll over at the first sniff of a offer so sad ;/

wont be for penuts because he has just signed a new contract with us.

2 and a bit years left on his contract.

Number of clubs interested.

Hopefully above £500k, for a player many have criticised throughout the season!

I assume Bury get a good wedge of it.

didnt we pay them off quite a bit when we signed him? surely dont have clauses in the contract too.

didnt we pay them off quite a bit when we signed him? surely dont have clauses in the contract too.

ATHLETIC have gained the edge on local rivals Bury after being ordered to make a down payment of £30,000 for midfield player Dale Stephens.

Bury wanted £75,000 up front for the promising teenager, but a Football League tribunal came down much closer to Athletic’s £20,000 valuation.

Stephens rejected a new Gigg Lane contract during the close-season, opting to join Athletic on a two-year deal.

Bury were entitled to compensation for their former trainee, but the tribunal weighed up many factors including his age and the fact he had played only nine league matches.

The fee could eventually rise to £95,000 as Athletic will pay an extra £10,000 after each of 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances, plus £25,000 if they win promotion in the next two seasons with Stephens playing half the games.

Bury also hold a 20-per-cent sell-on clause, but the League Two club were hoping for a much more lucrative package.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/14662/tribunal-sets-stephens-fee

Edited by opinions4u

Surely the interest will still be there in the summer? Yet another poor decision that will probably seal our fate, don't forget Dale's our top-scorer too. Sending arguably your most creative midfielder out on loan whilst the team is struggling and likely to be dragged into a relegation battle in the coming weeks is suicide but this is Oldham Athletic innit?

I'm not saying don't sell him, just sell him in the summer (when hopefully he'll have helped us secure yet another season in this God awful league) when there'll be much more interest and from much bigger clubs that Southampton, who are barely a medium sized championship club if we're honest...

Surely the interest will still be there in the summer? Yet another poor decision that will probably seal our fate, don't forget Dale's our top-scorer too. Sending arguably your most creative midfielder out on loan whilst the team is struggling and likely to be dragged into a relegation battle in the coming weeks is suicide but this is Oldham Athletic innit?

I'm not saying don't sell him, just sell him in the summer (when hopefully he'll have helped us secure yet another season in this God awful league) when there'll be much more interest and from much bigger clubs that Southampton, who are barely a medium sized championship club if we're honest...

wouldnt mid a change even in league 2 !!

i wouldnt say medium sized !