Players not paid

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if the rumour is incorrect let's face it it's hardly an outrageous rumour. I think Corney stated at the start of the season that we didnt have enough money to see it through, when they got paid late the other month he, or someone else maybe, said there wasnt enough money to pay them until the end of the season. So while I'm happy to throw great big cowpats at Corney I cant fault him on his honesty as far as that is concerned. I'm not sure how many times people have to be told there is no money and no hope of money that it will finally sink in what's happening to the club.

Once again OWTB disappears up its own orifice based on a single, sourceless, uncorroborated rumour.

:petesake:

I am absolutely guilty of spreading gossip based on a random post in another thread.

But in the context of the known financial issues at the football club, the firesale (fireloan?) of a key player, and this site's exceptional ability to publish rumours that turn out to be true, I feel no shame.

When it appears in the press, will you apologise to the OP for that statement?

No.

The OP was just repeating what was posted elsewhere and (quite reasonably) split it into another thread.

But I would feel no need to apologise to the original poster either.

Whether he was right or not has absolutely no bearing on my opinion of the succession of numpties who immediately take it as FACT and make yet more apocalyptic predictions based on it.

We're deep enough in the :censored: as it is, without people making stuff up and taking every rumour as gospel.

If it is true, it's just another sign that we're in a mess, which is hardly news to anyone who's awake. If it isn't, it's Boo who should apologise.

No.

The OP was just repeating what was posted elsewhere and (quite reasonably) split it into another thread.

But I would feel no need to apologise to the original poster either.

Whether he was right or not has absolutely no bearing on my opinion of the succession of numpties who immediately take it as FACT and make yet more apocalyptic predictions based on it.

We're deep enough in the :censored: as it is, without people making stuff up and taking every rumour as gospel.

If it is true, it's just another sign that we're in a mess, which is hardly news to anyone who's awake. If it isn't, it's Boo who should apologise.

So if it isnt true then Boo should apologise? But if it is true then Boo, and us other numpties, should be ashamed of ourselves for believing that something that is true is true?

This really isn't difficult.

If you're a halfwit who can't wait to be the next person to predict even deeper catastrophe than the last person, then you'll jump at the opportunity to use something posted by one person without a source as fact, and may even believe it yourself.

If you're not a halfwit and you possess more than half a braincell, you will probably consider waiting until said rumour is corroborated by a number of other people, or, ideally, officially.

Actually there's no real reason for Boo to apologise (unless he/she actually made it up) - if it proves not to be the case, it's actually "you" numpties who should apologise for believing it.

I know that, as an internet football forum, this place is by definition populated by :censored:ing morons, but surely at least a few of you should understand my point?

:getmecoat:

Edited by garcon

I know that, as an internet football forum, this place is by definition populated by :censored:ing morons, but surely at least a few of you should understand my point?

:getmecoat:

Oh really, no offence taken.

I know that what Boo has posted is true, so it's not about believing or not believing, for me. Can I still be a numpty though? Please?

Oh really, no offence taken.

I know that what Boo has posted is true, so it's not about believing or not believing, for me. Can I still be a numpty though? Please?

If you "know" then I'm afraid you can't, no. :tongue:

So do you "know" because they don't get paid til today (in which case all this is another huge red herring), or because you know they're not going to be paid today?

"I know that, as an internet football forum, this place is by definition populated by :censored:ing morons"

crikey, this is no place for that kind of searing self analysis

Indeed.

I do include myself. Simply for still being here if nothing else... :shock:

If you "know" then I'm afraid you can't, no. :tongue:

So do you "know" because they don't get paid til today (in which case all this is another huge red herring), or because you know they're not going to be paid today?

I know that they didn't get paid today. How is irrelevant. I'm not gonna be glib about it. Folk have mortgages to pay.

Y'see we're now beginning to see some corroboration that suggests it may be true. That's all I was (kind of) asking for.

If I appear glib I'm sorry - as Takemeanywhere says, people have mortgages to pay; we're not talking about players with more money than they know what to do with here.

If it is true, and is more than just a matter of cashflow over a day or two, then it's the biggest indicator yet of just how deep in the :censored: we are. And I certainly don't intend to be glib about that.

No, the last Friday of the month. So, today...

Confirmed, everyone from the first-team to the stewards not been paid. A lad who posts on here is a gateman, he's not been paid and neither has anyone else…

Edit: Sorry just seen Tom post above, he's the one that told me!

Edited by oafcprozac

Wowzers – we really are evidently that tight on cash-flow aren’t we?

My worry would also be; if we’re struggling in terms of cash flow to pay the players; I’m guessing that the non-playing staff are also in the same boat too? Groundstaff, Ticket Office, Club Shop etc – and that’s not good either is it? The Taxman isn’t usually too far away once these sort of things happen; with other creditors waiting in the wings too.........

It just gets better & better doesn’t it? Typical Latics eh? This season started out as a bit of the unknown, over-delivered as it turns out on the playing side of things, and has then dramatically gone belly up on all fronts – ground wise, cash flow wise, playing side wise..........

The glass half empty in me fears a relegation and admin route isn’t too far away – how do you even look to motivate a group of players on a shocking run of from when they aren’t being paid and the future of the club looks so uncertain??

Critical weeks & months are definitely ahead...........

i also heard the groundstaff have walked

These were posts in the 'Tranmere costs....' thread before the 'sale' of Stephens

It's clearly uneconomic to hold this game.

Can we not bother with it?

That financial reasoning unfortunately applies to every Latics game

- leads to the more pertinant question - Who's going to pay the players wages?

I'm assuming the TV money from the Tranmere game will shore up the March month-end but after that - ???

No doubt the players will be paid after Monday night's game income is received but this game is likely to be our last home game capable of generating any meaningful income so unless we received a significant cash injection from Stephen's departure then we really are in trouble.