Players not paid

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that, fella. Hope you're ok.

Am sound if am honest i get paid weekly anyway more p**sed about not being paid my dividends at work. To be fair what money i get goes towards my away trips. Its the ticket office staff i worry about the full timers. Although i did look on ebay about selling a kidney or a potential Josh Ollerenshaw style rant :grin:

Edited by oafctom

OK, so there are two things that require the club's urgent attention:

1. Confirming when people will be paid.

2. Confirming there are enough staff committed to working to ensure Monday night's game can go ahead.

If we fail at No. 2 we're talking days, not weeks or months.

If any of the staff walk away from the club over this they are probably cutting their noses off to spite their face unless they are walking straight into another job (which I couldn't blame them for doing)...

Not saying people should work for free forever etc... but short term it makes more sense to keep the ship sailing for everyones benefit surely ?

Edited by oafc0000

If any of the staff walk away from the club over this they are probably cutting their noses off to spite their face unless they are walking straight into another job (which I couldn't blame them for doing)...

Not saying people should work for free forever etc... but short term it makes more sense to keep the ship sailing for everyones benefit surely ?

Thing is staff our split into two catogries, one is full time staff, others are causal matchday staff near enough all of these are Oldham fans who people who use it as a second job some do other clubs. Casual staff can easly be replaced and while gates are in decline the club can reduce these numbers.

Its the everyday staff you want to look after the ticket office, club shop, cleaners, players etc.

Thing is staff our split into two catogries, one is full time staff, others are causal matchday staff near enough all of these are Oldham fans who people who use it as a second job some do other clubs. Casual staff can easly be replaced and while gates are in decline the club can reduce these numbers.

Its the everyday staff you want to look after the ticket office, club shop, cleaners, players etc.

I think you can replace stewards quickly by outsourcing them. The relative costs though can be argued...

Not sure how easy it is to replace turnstile operators... Given you have to trust them to a certain extent...

The club obviously needs to make sure it employees the minimum amount possible of course.

I think you can replace stewards quickly by outsourcing them. The relative costs though can be argued...

Not sure how easy it is to replace turnstile operators... Given you have to trust them to a certain extent...

The club obviously needs to make sure it employees the minimum amount possible of course.

Its the same as any job you take on enough staff when demand is there? if staff do not perform on a regulor basis there asked to leave. Lucky enoough the turnstile operators are sound bunch and alot of them have been doing it for sometime. Same with stewards while we have low crowds and unless its a big following or a team that may course potential disorder such as Millwall, Cardiff or more local sides such as Carlise or Tranmere (where the idiots like to come out) you can staff up extra.

However like most companies Latics are trying to cost cut also save money, i do not like the idea of fans being shoved to the Chaddy but can see the idea behind it from a saving money pespective.

Many of the players are being paid by their lending clubs or least a percentage of their wages is. The younger ones in the squad are not being paid very much anyway - so think about that.

The club are paying off Penney and the players that Dickov let go. He brought in others (loads of them)who cost some wages, so the club is doubling up on costs in some areas. These players have not resulted in a great deal of success as far as results are concerned. Im lost!

are the majority of match day workers just part time though ? i.e. not their main jobs?

Yep most have it like myself as a second job, one or two older bodies some do other clubs am lucky i get paid weekly and still live at home different people have different circumstances, i do not often really talk much about it on here unless people are giving them unwanted unneeded or uncalled for Stick.

Yep most have it like myself as a second job, one or two older bodies some do other clubs am lucky i get paid weekly and still live at home different people have different circumstances, i do not often really talk much about it on here unless people are giving them unwanted unneeded or uncalled for Stick.

so basically if you qutd it wouldnt really impact on you financially ?

so basically if you qutd it wouldnt really impact on you financially ?

I would not as am looking possbily at getting a season ticket next year, games i miss mainly mid week due to work always know someone now who would use it and buy me a few pints. 0thers well you have to ask them i know depends on peoples circumstances.

Guess its ok saying i would not miss it but the suppose when its gone and your skint you be thinking could do with that extra cash. :shock:

I would not as am looking possbily at getting a season ticket next year, games i miss mainly mid week due to work always know someone now who would use it and buy me a few pints. 0thers well you have to ask them i know depends on peoples circumstances.

Guess its ok saying i would not miss it but the suppose when its gone and your skint you be thinking could do with that extra cash. :shock:

yeh dont blame you ,

point I was getting at is people are saying staff wont quit as they need the job , however if its just a weekend/part time job people might not stick around

Just reading the Rarely Wrong article about the Stephens transfer. It says we have recieved a "sunstantial loan fee" for him, it must be just a case of the cheque clearing then before we can pay the wages :blink:

You may not be far wrong.

Assuming it's come in via CHAPS today, the BACS run can be prepared and players should be paid by Wednesday.

Just in time to see the video of the Tranmere defeat on the BBC web site.

Just reading the Rarely Wrong article about the Stephens transfer. It says we have recieved a "sunstantial loan fee" for him, it must be just a case of the cheque clearing then before we can pay the wages :blink:

I was thinking that might be the case - so that'll get us through to next pay day and then mabye the TV money for the Tranmere game will get us through that and then by the time of the next pay day the season is done and dusted and then presumably we either pray for money to fall out of the sky or find something other than Latics to fixate over.

Don't know if the club would be able to do this, but how about if they opened the car park on sunday morning or something for people to do a carboot sale on? Wouldn't cost much, charge say £5-£10 a stall on it.. open Chaddy/RRE for toilets and have the food stalls there open for them to purchase food from.. Wouldnt be that much in the greater picture, but could help slightly?

Don't know if the club would be able to do this, but how about if they opened the car park on sunday morning or something for people to do a carboot sale on? Wouldn't cost much, charge say £5-£10 a stall on it.. open Chaddy/RRE for toilets and have the food stalls there open for them to purchase food from.. Wouldnt be that much in the greater picture, but could help slightly?

Good idea.

Doubtless various red tape and trading licences would get in the way though.