Football Manager 2011

Starting as Latics.

Anyone got any good free trasnfers/loans or dirts cheap wonder buys?

its :censored:e ,

tried to start again on it last week , just doesnt have that addictive factor about it. The agents thing does my head in.

Starting as Latics.

Anyone got any good free trasnfers/loans or dirts cheap wonder buys?

im in season 2016 so cant remember that far back!

off top of my head you could try henri lansbury at a push. (loan)

i managed to loan macheda in my first season at latics and he was top scorer.

boyata from city the centre back was top and i think got about 10 goals all from corners.

nile ranger also performed well every now and then.

these are all loans by the way the only players i could buy where out of contract.

go for man city and arsenal reserves, season long loans, and i managed to get daniel pacheco from liverpool and frank fielding from blackburn, both very good in league 1. also take notice of all the foreigners who come to you via their agents, ive signed a few good ones, a striker from venezuela and a player called ariel zarate who is very good but will cost you about 15k.

Why dont a few of us get a network game going? Then we can see who's the korean meatballs and who's not.

im up for that.

the prob with starting as latics...they already have 4 loans so you basically have to survive.

amos is decent

white is ok but no better than morais or taylor

tonk is ok but no better than others

trotman isnt very good.

reid is prob the best player!

survived first season and managed to get some decent loans. its hard work tho as you get no money as expected!

im up for that.

the prob with starting as latics...they already have 4 loans so you basically have to survive.

amos is decent

white is ok but no better than morais or taylor

tonk is ok but no better than others

trotman isnt very good.

reid is prob the best player!

survived first season and managed to get some decent loans. its hard work tho as you get no money as expected!

I'm currently 6th after 10 games, won 4 drew 4 lost 2 so far. Trotman has scored 5 headers already, Morais has popped up with a few too. Strikers letting me down though (sounds all too familiar). Snapped up a few players on frees from around the world. Annoyingly, as it seems with every FM, Bristol Rovers are setting the pace. I have them next at BP - I'll keep you informed!!!

And about the network game, would be nice if we could 1 maybe 2 more max and then start one. Anyone else up for it? Nothing to demanding, just 1 night or 2 of the week?

Edited by sjk2008

In typical fashion Bristol Rovers dominated. I was 2 down in 23mins and was on the verge of smashing up my new laptop as the Bristol Rovers freight train stopped by again.

However, some inspirational words at half time seemed to give my boys a lift. Super Morais & Taylor getting me level and then a deflected Morais shot in stoppage time sealing a great 3-2 comeback victory.

If I knew how to add a screenshot I would.

Interesting about Bristol Rovers. I'm still on FM2008 cos I couldn't be arsed with the complexity of the later versions. Just taken over as Roverrrrrrs manager after a somewhat indifferent season and a half at the mighty Stafford Borough. Put the whole squad on the transfer list at oen point... :unsure:

3rd season as latics and im looking good for promotion even tho ive only been given £25...yes £25 for trasnfers! free transfers and loans are the way forward.

Nile Ranger is amazing on loan. I also go Iwelumo on a free. Furman and Stephens come good to dont sell them...in fact, give them big contracts. You just need to improve defence/keeper with loans or frees. Ifil is good defender on a free.

Will let u know if i get promoted.