Performances for next season

Personally, as long as we stay up I wouldn't mind if we played :censored: and lost every game til the end of season. Would hopefully keep other teams from taking the likes of Taylor, Furman, and the others.

What's your thoughts?

1 win in 15 (and only 6 goals) is a worry, this squad is better than that and bad momentum is similar to good momentum as in it can carry you along. If we start badly next season (given our pisspoor budget) be afraid….

Edited by oafcprozac

The thread is titled 'Performances for next season' but I assume that when you talk of losing all the games to the end of the season, you mean this season. I would imagine that it will be fairly difficult to stay up next season if we lose all the games.

As for the general point, scouts watch players, not results.

Personally, as long as we stay up I wouldn't mind if we played :censored: and lost every game til the end of season. Would hopefully keep other teams from taking the likes of Taylor, Furman, and the others.

What's your thoughts?

I take it you were a fan of Dave Penney then? He was very good at that!

1 win (against a pisspoor Notts County team) in 15 games.

Do you think that other clubs have decided the likes of Furman and Taylor have suddenly become poor players?

Do you think a 1 win in 19 statistic would make decent sized bids any less likely to come in for them?

I want Latics to win every game they play. I want them to get back in the winning groove now, not next August.

If any player is going to leave in the summer, it will be because of financial realities. Not because we've beaten Exter, Swindon, Walsall and MK Dongs.

1 win in 15 (and only 6 goals) is a worry, this squad is better than that and bad momentum is similar to good momentum as in it can carry you along. If we start badly next season (given our pisspoor budget) be afraid….

I do think people get pre-occupied with talk of budgets at times, I'd guess that all of the current bottom four would have a bigger wage bill than ours and the likes of Rochdale, Exeter and Hartlepool.

What does concern me a little looking ahead is that with the exception of Mvoto and possibly Evina, Dickov's forays into the market have been pretty awful.

Edited by deyres42

What I'm saying is I know we have a team with good young players in and wouldn't want to lose any of them. This season is pretty much over apart from playing the remainder of games out. I'd hate to see the likes of furman and Taylor leave in the summer because I believe they are up there with the best in league 1. It's clear we need a few signings, regarding scoring and defending so keeping players is essential. I don't think we could replace them. Oh and yeh obviously I meant this season when I was talking about losing the last games of the season. Bit of a daft question that takemeanywere really wasn't it and Macca yeh I loved Penney. He was brilliant. And that's a joke before u get upset

What's your thoughts?

A better idea might be to not play them at all and stick the kids in. As the remaining games are (hopefully) not going to be crucial, Dickov might aswell try and come up with a "Plan B" with regards to tactics for next season.

What I'm saying is I know we have a team with good young players in and wouldn't want to lose any of them. This season is pretty much over apart from playing the remainder of games out. I'd hate to see the likes of furman and Taylor leave in the summer because I believe they are up there with the best in league 1. It's clear we need a few signings, regarding scoring and defending so keeping players is essential. I don't think we could replace them. Oh and yeh obviously I meant this season when I was talking about losing the last games of the season. Bit of a daft question that takemeanywere really wasn't it and Macca yeh I loved Penney. He was brilliant. And that's a joke before u get upset

You haven't upset me. Don't worry.

I would rather come back from a holiday having left my workplace in good shape and confident in what i was doing in my team. Is there any reason to think that we will start any better next season if we dont make a beginning now? We have made a start of sorts, we need to knock a few goals in and get a touch of positivity back around the place, then maybe we can hit the ground running, i accept that this post is heavy on cliches.

I wouldn't mind if we scored 100 goals or 1. Obviously

I'd love it if we did but the chances are pretty slim.haha. I don't think we will have Tounkara or Feeney next season. At least I hope not. The best idea would be too go and win, I'm a fan of that kind of game but also Im not bothered if we don't. There will be alot of changes next season. Let's get strikers, then we will hopefully start scorin

The thread is titled 'Performances for next season' but I assume that when you talk of losing all the games to the end of the season, you mean this season. I would imagine that it will be fairly difficult to stay up next season if we lose all the games.

As for the general point, scouts watch players, not results.

Went to watch the Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town youth game on my way to Yeovil yesterday and was stood next to a scout from Manchester United. Was a education listening to his observations.

What's your thoughts?

We really need to keep these two because of their experience. Somewhere we have to find a striker or two who can actually score goals. Where we will find them I don't know. Also we really need to keep Mvoto if at all possible.

I've read somewhere (might have even been a link from here) about the teams that make a good finish to a season have a much greater chance of starting the next one well.

Can;t remember the exact figure, but it was suprisingly high statistically.

I've read somewhere (might have even been a link from here) about the teams that make a good finish to a season have a much greater chance of starting the next one well.

Can;t remember the exact figure, but it was suprisingly high statistically.

Did we start well last season?