New Oldham Born Star

Ok, so he's batting for Lancashire rather than knocking them in at the Chaddy End but take it where you can.

and I was a bit surprised the other day to find that supermodel Agyness Deyn comes from Failsworth, although whether that's in Oldham....

Ok, so he's batting for Lancashire rather than knocking them in at the Chaddy End but take it where you can.

Foolishly Royton Cricket are still paying him as Professional! Thats a waste of money for the 3 or 4 games he will be able to play for them!

Hes my mums cousin, he lost his accent via lengthy stays in Cornwall and New Zealand.

No excuse. He doesn't even vaguely sound northern.

I've lived away from Oldham since I was 18, over 35yrs down south now and I still have the accent. Obviously, it's a little more refined now :) so that the locals can understand what I'm on about (well most of the time), but to someone who knows the accent they know more or less where I'm from straight away, and make my day.

No excuse. He doesn't even vaguely sound northern.

I've lived away from Oldham since I was 18, over 35yrs down south now and I still have the accent. Obviously, it's a little more refined now :) so that the locals can understand what I'm on about (well most of the time), but to someone who knows the accent they know more or less where I'm from straight away, and make my day.

My uncle left for the states in the 50's when he was 7 and has an american accent, the younger u the more your gonna pick up the acc