Swindon 0-2 Oldham

Yeah lyrics different of course but you know what I mean. If it's a good song gets a good atmosphere going then who cares where it's from??

As long as it's not an accepted club anthem then I agree (i.e. no Blue Moon, Delilah, Glad All Over, Marching on Together etc)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's embarrassing singing other club's songs.......

It's even more embarrassing singing songs from a club whose fanbase is made up of anti-British terrorist supporters.

A minority of its fanbase you forgot to add.

That chants all down to a number of us who use the rifle mini buses to away games going to the Celtic v Rangers game the other month (that now infamous cup game on the wednesday night) then it being sung on buses to and from grounds since with Latics.

Got to agree with Bowl on this one and with regards to this song.

I did sing it on sat I'll admit, even though I had a sneaking suspicion it was a Scottish clubs song.

I won't sing it again as I do not want to offend any fan whether ours or opposition who have served in the British armed forces.

Same as I won't sing any songs about airplane disasters, fans dying, having party when managers die.

That's my personal feelings on the matter and I won't be swayed either.

Edited by underdog

FFS, nobody makes a big song and dance about our fans singing, "Follow follow," even though its based on a song celebrating a glaswegian street gang rubbing people to death in sectarian attacks. Dismount from the high horses folks.

which is ?....

Andy Ritchie's magic, he wears a magic hat,

He played for Oldham Athletic and is such a lovely chap.

He scored goals with his left foot, he scored goals with his right,

And when we played Man.City he scored all f*****g night!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I did sing it on sat I'll admit, even though I had a sneaking suspicion it was a Scottish clubs song.

I won't sing it again as I do not want to offend any fan whether ours or opposition who have served in the British armed forces.

Same as I won't sing any songs about airplane disasters, fans dying, having party when managers die.

You're unpersuadable, which is fine, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Singing a barely modified Depeche Mode singalong classic just is not the same as singing a song about an air disaster or someone dying. And just because Celtic fans sing it doesn't mean that anyone who's ever served in the British armed forces has a right to be offended. They don't. I'll be singing it next season.

In fact, I'm singing it right now.

The "I just cant get enough" song has nothing to do with the IRA, British Army or such like so how can it be offensive? Its a remade version of the Depeche Mode song. Simple as that. You're making it out like people are singing a Celtic Rebels Song. You can do as you want in regards to singing songs, it makes no bones to me but if you're basing it purely on the fact Celtic have a very small minority (compared to the many hundreds of thousands of celtic fans there are in the world) of (Pro Irish, IRA, Anti British) supporters then it is quite narrow minded. That's like branding the entire Oldham fanbase as a bunch of racist hooligans because a small percentage of Oldham fans (FYC) played a part in the race riots in 2001 as well as attended BNP, Combat 18 and such like events. Generalising a fanbase on a small minority isnt a fair reflection of any clubs support and we as Latics would be peeved off if fans started generalising - which is exactly what the vast majority of Celtic, Rangers fans get like when people do it to them based on a tiny percentage.

The chant is one of the most original and catchy in recent years which is why Liverpool, Stoke and numerous other clubs fans have tried to replicate it.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Andy Ritchie's magic, he wears a magic hat,

He played for Oldham Athletic and is such a lovely chap.

He scored goals with his left foot, he scored goals with his right,

And when we played Man.City he scored all f*****g night!

Probably because the last line is complete bollocks, as Stitch never scored a goal v City when wearing Royal Blue….right off to watch the future at BP...

The "I just cant get enough" song has nothing to do with the IRA, British Army or such like so how can it be offensive? Its a remade version of the Depeche Mode song. Simple as that. You're making it out like people are singing a Celtic Rebels Song. You can do as you want in regards to singing songs, it makes no bones to me but if you're basing it purely on the fact Celtic have a very small minority (compared to the many hundreds of thousands of celtic fans there are in the world) of (Pro Irish, IRA, Anti British) supporters then it is quite narrow minded. That's like branding the entire Oldham fanbase as a bunch of racist hooligans because a small percentage of Oldham fans (FYC) played a part in the race riots in 2001 as well as attended BNP, Combat 18 and such like events. Generalising a fanbase on a small minority isnt a fair reflection of any clubs support and we as Latics would be peeved off if fans started generalising - which is exactly what the vast majority of Celtic, Rangers fans get like when people do it to them based on a tiny percentage.

The chant is one of the most original and catchy in recent years which is why Liverpool, Stoke and numerous other clubs fans have tried to replicate it.

Brilliant Post. agree with that 100%

FFS, nobody makes a big song and dance about our fans singing, "Follow follow," even though its based on a song celebrating a glaswegian street gang rubbing people to death in sectarian attacks. Dismount from the high horses folks.

I agree. Let's just everyone calm down. When I get home from stresssful days at work or a bad day at the football, I find that listening and singing along to cheerful music helps me to relax and regain my composure.

Altogether now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a84L1hVVEls

Like I said it is my personal preference whether I want to sing and what I feel its attached too.

Whether we are adopting this song, or singing other songs about other fans/clubs/incidents or accidents etc

My choice and I can express it or sing when I want to or not

Plenty of Rangers "fans" on all the Rifle away coaches regularly sing there heads off to it so it cant be that offensive, cos its a SONG FFS !!! :petesake:

Although admittedly it takes our resident young Oliver Reed " Ginger Bollocks" to neck a bottle of Sambucca to get in full flow but by then he would join in with anything :)

And Tracy i think we have a made a life changing discovery in "curry and chips and wine" to drop all race, religion, creed and colour barriers :)

Probably because the last line is complete bollocks, as Stitch never scored a goal v City when wearing Royal Blue….right off to watch the future at BP...

He didn't wear a magic hat either, but when did accuracy become a pre-requisite for football songs?

Although admittedly it takes our resident young Oliver Reed " Ginger Bollocks" to neck a bottle of Sambucca to get in full flow but by then he would join in with anything :)

And Tracy i think we have a made a life changing discovery in "curry and chips and wine" to drop all race, religion, creed and colour barriers :)

I still can't fathom how they could have ran out of beer at half time?.....there were under 300 of us there....its a new sophistication Mr B, we just need to drink the wine and eat the chips with our little finger sticking out a-la-kitz style

You're unpersuadable, which is fine, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Singing a barely modified Depeche Mode singalong classic just is not the same as singing a song about an air disaster or someone dying. And just because Celtic fans sing it doesn't mean that anyone who's ever served in the British armed forces has a right to be offended. They don't. I'll be singing it next season.

In fact, I'm singing it right now.

Edited: because hindsight is a wonderful thing

Edited by underdog