Swindon 0-2 Oldham

The "I just cant get enough" song has nothing to do with the IRA, British Army or such like so how can it be offensive? Its a remade version of the Depeche Mode song. Simple as that. You're making it out like people are singing a Celtic Rebels Song. You can do as you want in regards to singing songs, it makes no bones to me but if you're basing it purely on the fact Celtic have a very small minority (compared to the many hundreds of thousands of celtic fans there are in the world) of (Pro Irish, IRA, Anti British) supporters then it is quite narrow minded. That's like branding the entire Oldham fanbase as a bunch of racist hooligans because a small percentage of Oldham fans (FYC) played a part in the race riots in 2001 as well as attended BNP, Combat 18 and such like events. Generalising a fanbase on a small minority isnt a fair reflection of any clubs support and we as Latics would be peeved off if fans started generalising - which is exactly what the vast majority of Celtic, Rangers fans get like when people do it to them based on a tiny percentage.

The chant is one of the most original and catchy in recent years which is why Liverpool, Stoke and numerous other clubs fans have tried to replicate it.

I don't remember seeing you much at latics or on here since dale hit top ten an we''ve spiralled a bit

Any chance you can continue your support of latics and do the same next season?

Nothing personal (not)

Edited because I really did get to personal

Edited by underdog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Hello young Luke you still alive then? shame really as I don't remember seeing you much at latics or on here since dale hit top ten an we''ve spiralled a bit

Nothing personal (not)

I think you need a few whiskys and chillll :grin: after all its only a forum :wink:

...my husband is ex-forces and has served in in N.I and with soldiers who supported both Celtic and Rangers and saw the fall out from that.

In the Isle of Man in '97, during the marching season, Latics played Shamrock Rovers and, in the pub before the game, Latics fans were singing 'No surrender'. The Irish wondered what they were in for. One of the singers was a squaddie from the troubles in Northern Ireland. Less than 24 hours later he was sat with a Shamrock Rovers supporter and you couldn't get a cigarette paper between them. The squaddie had an Irish tricolour scarf round his neck and the two have been big mates ever since.

That's the power of football, which can achieve more than any bunch of politicians.

So what are the lyrics to the "Just can't get enough" song sung yesterday?

When ever i see the oldham i just go out of my head

i ust carnt get enough i just carnt get enough

all the things you do to me and all the things you say

i just carn get enough i just carnt get enough

we slip and slide and we fall in love and i just carnt seem to get enough now

do do do do do do do

:grin: quailty

I think you need a few whiskys and chillll :grin: after all its only a forum :wink:

oooo are you asking me out on a date?

I am way to old for you young man, although I do like a nice Ardbeg or laphroaig next time I see you (now google them I dare you).

We need every latics fan we can get, even the half contribute he makes I suppose.blink.gif

I will now say no more on the matter sleeping dogs lie and all its just a personal preference/insight on a possible song choice

Edited by underdog

When ever i see the oldham i just go out of my head

i ust carnt get enough i just carnt get enough

all the things you do to me and all the things you say

i just carn get enough i just carnt get enough

we slip and slide and we fall in love and i just carnt seem to get enough now

do do do do do do do

:grin: quailty

So no mention of soldiers dieing in Northern Ireland whatsoever?

If we cant sing a song without checking the personal history of the first football fan who adapted it then we really will be quiet. Honestly, i know i am not the only fan who doesnt sing, "follow," because its origin doesnt sit right with me, but i recognise that them singing it are only singing a latics song and i dont take offence from it. Each to their own and all that.

If we cant sing a song without checking the personal history of the first football fan who adapted it then we really will be quiet. Honestly, i know i am not the only fan who doesnt sing, "follow," because its origin doesnt sit right with me, but i recognise that them singing it are only singing a latics song and i dont take offence from it. Each to their own and all that.

We get criticised by our fans for not singing. We get criticised for not singing loud enough to be heard by our supporters sat with their arms folded. Now, after one of the season's most memorable days out, we get criticised for singing a song that, in a former life, was apparently a call to arms.

Why can't we accept that we support a unique Club, that's expected to let us down on a regular basis, but that very rarely gives us the sort of occasion, when the supporters and the players put in the same amount of effort, and it all comes together to live long in the memory, with no analysis necessary?

We get criticised by our fans for not singing. We get criticised for not singing loud enough to be heard by our supporters sat with their arms folded. Now, after one of the season's most memorable days out, we get criticised for singing a song that, in a former life, was apparently a call to arms.

Why can't we accept that we support a unique Club, that's expected to let us down on a regular basis, but that very rarely gives us the sort of occasion, when the supporters and the players put in the same amount of effort, and it all comes together to live long in the memory, with no analysis necessary?

Perfectly put diego, us fans who try to create a atmosphere get critisied you can never please some people can you ?

I don't remember seeing you much at latics or on here since dale hit top ten an we''ve spiralled a bit

Nothing personal (not)

Edited because I really did get to personal

There are various issues as to why i've not been a Latics game since Bristol Rovers away - I went Notts County but was one of a small number who never left Hooters. After watching the shower that was Bristol away then going to Celtic/Rangers and the best atmosphere i'll ever see. It's a bit hard to go from that to anything really, especially an "Oldham Athletic Nil" that we got used to around that time. Can question my loyalty or not all you want, doesnt bother me. Been enough grounds all over the country this year to decide when I have had enough until next season. There's been no games of real appeal/interest. End of season games with nothing to play for do not make me want to go - which is why I turned down a free ticket to 'dale v posh on saturday.

Once again next season i'll be picking and choosing my games and they'll be fewer and further between than this season.

Ultimately though the main reason for me not going is theres more to life than football and paying £20 to watch Oldham in a three sided ground is not topping my priority list at the minute and wont do for most of next season. I'd much rather take my little neice out for the day, spend time visiting grandparents (whilst ive got the chance) or go to a gig instead. Its simply not value for money at current. As for being mutual with what you've deleted, not at all.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

There are various issues as to why i've not been a Latics game since Bristol Rovers away - I went Notts County but was one of a small number who never left Hooters. After watching the shower that was Bristol away then going to Celtic/Rangers and the best atmosphere i'll ever see. It's a bit hard to go from that to anything really, especially an "Oldham Athletic Nil" that we got used to around that time. Can question my loyalty or not all you want, doesnt bother me. Been enough grounds all over the country this year to decide when I have had enough until next season. There's been no games of real appeal/interest. End of season games with nothing to play for do not make me want to go - which is why I turned down a free ticket to 'dale v posh on saturday.

Once again next season i'll be picking and choosing my games and they'll be fewer and further between than this season.

Ultimately though the main reason for me not going is theres more to life than football and paying £20 to watch Oldham in a three sided ground is not topping my priority list at the minute and wont do for most of next season. I'd much rather take my little neice out for the day, spend time visiting grandparents (whilst ive got the chance) or go to a gig instead. Its simply not value for money at current. As for being mutual with what you've deleted, not at all.

agree.