Big Jean considers move

These clubs are in multi millions of pounds more debt than us, the fact that they are bigger clubs doesnt mean they have more money. Generate more money yes but are in far more debt than we could ever be.

They would still offer far bigger wages than us, but then thats a big reason why they are all in the huge mess they are

:lol:

just because these clubs are in debt, doesnt mean they have less money than us too offer players, right?

:petesake:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in my previous post these clubs would still offer players more money than we would

thats because they are bigger clubs yes, with more money, regardless of debt

but you dont seem to think that going off your previous post

thats because they are bigger clubs yes, with more money, regardless of debt

but you dont seem to think that going off your previous post

I also said these clubs generate more money, i am fully aware that they are bigger clubs that generate more money and can pay bigger wages etc etc. But i was posting in responce to Lee's post and he is correct in the fact that these clubs owe millions, in some cases i believe in excess of 20 million.

Debt it still debt and clearly in these cases this debt is not managable. More so than Latics. Their incomes are x 3,4,5 what Latics is but so is the money they owe.

So with some of these on the verge of Admin have they really got more money?

I also said these clubs generate more money, i am fully aware that they are bigger clubs that generate more money and can pay bigger wages etc etc. But i was posting in responce to Lee's post and he is correct in the fact that these clubs owe millions, in some cases i believe in excess of 20 million.

Debt it still debt and clearly in these cases this debt is not managable. More so than Latics. Their incomes are x 3,4,5 what Latics is but so is the money they owe.

So with some of these on the verge of Admin have they really got more money?

yes. and it shows by the standard of player they can afford, the :censored: will hit the fan if they get relegated obviously, but for now they are happy to pay championship wages for championship players, which is more than we can offer!

Not interested in Tounkara, unless he'll accept peanuts, which he won't. He's big, clumbsy and slow on the ball, and can't finish his tea.

Nowhere near as good as Abbott as you were touting at the start of the season. I can sit here smugly, to the Abbott detractors, safe in the knowledge Pav scored more goals, more important goals in a much more defensive minded and less creative team. : )

Remind me, how many league goals did Pav score this season? & How many has Tonk scored?

Not bothered about who did what elsewhere and when. Judging of both their spells at the club in consecutive seasons, Abbott scored more and missed a chunk of the season too.

I just feel justice was served to those who laughed at me when I said it was ridiculous for us to replace our top goalscorer with a guy who's never played a season in professional football before.

Who said Tonk was to replace him? That was feeney who was meant to be our goal grabber, at least get your facts right when posting trying to be smug.

as people have said i think money talks in most cases but I think its not quite the be-all and end-all with JYM

sign a 2 yr deal with us, be happy with the lads/management etc, play as well as you can and eventually you will either be bought by another club or if out of contract and having improved, a championship club will come in for him and we say thanks and good luck to you.

He would be 24 at that point and is improving all the time, so its not such a bad scenario for him to stay with us.

I think having PD and GT with us will help in recruitment this summer - just listening to them talk about their ambitions makes you sit up and be enthused, counts for a lot.

Again what will be will be but i dont think any near miss signing this summer will be due to lack of trying on PD's part.

Edited by shefflatic

hopefully dickov and taggart will persuade him to stay like they got morais to come and possibly stay.

maybe trying to get tounkara back on loan would help, even if we dont use him as much as we have this season, because we know theyre mates and could persuade JYM to sign with us

Who said Tonk was to replace him? That was feeney who was meant to be our goal grabber, at least get your facts right when posting trying to be smug.

Well, no, Abbott isn't an out and out goalscorer, he was our goalscorer because we didn't have anybody else, he was playing two roles, hence why we scored very little. So Dickov gets rids of our target man and brings in an inferior one.....so yeah, but thanks for your comment. ^_^

Well, no, Abbott isn't an out and out goalscorer, he was our goalscorer because we didn't have anybody else, he was playing two roles, hence why we scored very little. So Dickov gets rids of our target man and brings in an inferior one.....so yeah, but thanks for your comment. ^_^

Is he inferior though? Tounkara brings more to the team than Abbott did, especially in effort, first line of defence and all that. Abbott scored 13 goals, 4 of which were penalties, so take away the penalties and thats 9 goals.. 2 more than Tonk who has played in 45 games this season, and Abbott played in 41.. Not very impressive for such a proven striker in comparision to an unproven striker? Tonk isn't an out and out goalscorer, at times Tonk has been playing two roles aswell, Abbott had 3 assists, Tounkara has 6 assists, which is better for a target man as one of a target mans key attritubes is laying the ball off for his team mates? So not exactly inferior now is he?

Tonk.... It is his first PROPER season in football over here. He never ever gives less than 100% but some people cant see once he clicks with goals he will terorise this division.

I suspect that this will come to pass. He was actually scoring a few before our whole team went :censored: and the games took their toll on him (and all the other stuff happened etc). Have we all forgotten the Human Wrecking Ball so quickly?

As for Big John, if he is settled as a 22 yeare old getting jiggy in Manchester having left his Cameroonian family in Paris to go to Sunderland before going to Oldham for a year, he grew up quicker than I did.

As for Big John, if he is settled as a 22 yeare old getting jiggy in Manchester having left his Cameroonian family in Paris to go to Sunderland before going to Oldham for a year, he grew up quicker than I did.

Just spat me coco pops out when i read this :dance: