Big Jean considers move

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be amazed if Mvoto doesn't geta better offer from somewhere than we are able to make.

Sounds like Dickov is offering M'voto first team football and to look after him , but at the end of the day £££ talks

Hope we get M'voto, he's a beast at this level and like you say, we wont get anyone else better on our budget!!

If tonks availible for nowt and we can get him for a smallish wage then id keep him, but i hope we dont break the bank and have him as our out and out goal threat for next season, id rather go for someone else tbh.

Cant see us offering him a big deal. It will be a decent offer but there will be plenty of clubs that will better it.

Like has been said....all about the money.

Fingers crossed

No its not! Its part of it, but money doesnt necessarly make you happy. Neither does moving house, and finding other problems.

Tell that kilkenny wellens porter etc think you'll find it does

the said players went to clubs with better prospects than us, you must know them personally to know they went just for the money?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2353170,00.html

Would be quality to build a team around him , dont think we will get anyone better in for his wage on a free

Wonder whats happening with Tank

Yes he is raw but he will only get better IMO

Not interested in Tounkara, unless he'll accept peanuts, which he won't. He's big, clumbsy and slow on the ball, and can't finish his tea.

Nowhere near as good as Abbott as you were touting at the start of the season. I can sit here smugly, to the Abbott detractors, safe in the knowledge Pav scored more goals, more important goals in a much more defensive minded and less creative team. : )

Not interested in Tounkara, unless he'll accept peanuts, which he won't. He's big, clumbsy and slow on the ball, and can't finish his tea.

Nowhere near as good as Abbott as you were touting at the start of the season. I can sit here smugly, to the Abbott detractors, safe in the knowledge Pav scored more goals, more important goals in a much more defensive minded and less creative team. : )

:lol:

Them trees are still torn down at Charlton arent they

You can sit there smugly but I still wouldnt have him in the team ahead of Tank , I'd have him in the team ahead of Reid though

Edited by razza699

Did wonders at Charlton too! Smug.

the said players went to clubs with better prospects than us, you must know them personally to know they went just for the money?

But money was a major factor. We offered them two big money to stay with us. I think if wellens and porter stayed with us the season after we would of gone up. Simple as that.

Oh on another note porter is heading to newly relegated Sheffield united haha how the mighty has fallen

But money was a major factor. We offered them two big money to stay with us. I think if wellens and porter stayed with us the season after we would of gone up. Simple as that.

Oh on another note porter is heading to newly relegated Sheffield united haha how the mighty has fallen

If he stays fit he'll shoot them to promotion….

clubs with better prospects have more money to spend, doesnt mean players go their just for the money does it

if Porter goes their, ill be shocked if he doesnt score at least 20

Edited by creepy

to be fair if Taylor wasnt a Latics fan he wouldnt be here today.

we was just another club to Port Wellens etc

Know what you're saying but sometimes managers/sets ups and other factors can sway a players decision. If he's happy in Oldham :shock: then he might fancy a crack at promotion with us :unsure:

Money talks.

For me I wouldn't begrudge anyone looking to better themselves. If someone wanted to leave Oldham for more money then fair play. Don't do wrong by the club in the process though.

As for Big Jean, I think by being at Oldham and settling well will be a major factor in his thinking. He might be paid less here than other places but he'll probably be happy here and able to enjoy his football.

But it's a major factor in there choices

comes with the territory of getting a 'better job', some people are career minded, not just in it for the money, which is what you insinuated in your orignal post

:lol:

Them trees are still torn down at Charlton arent they

You can sit there smugly but I still wouldnt have him in the team ahead of Tank , I'd have him in the team ahead of Reid though

Not bothered about who did what elsewhere and when. Judging of both their spells at the club in consecutive seasons, Abbott scored more and missed a chunk of the season too.

I just feel justice was served to those who laughed at me when I said it was ridiculous for us to replace our top goalscorer with a guy who's never played a season in professional football before.

If the man wants to stay and Playershare are approached, I am sure we will help were we can

Please note though there are less than 60 subscribers so if you want the man, and your not contributing - please consider it.

Its all about the product on the pitch and how us fans can help our club bring the goods in to try and get us a better player/missing piece of the puzzle/out of this division long term even

Every penny goes into the kitty for the manager.

Big thanks to all those new and old subscribers.