Big Jean considers move

Not bothered about who did what elsewhere and when. Judging of both their spells at the club in consecutive seasons, Abbott scored more and missed a chunk of the season too.

I just feel justice was served to those who laughed at me when I said it was ridiculous for us to replace our top goalscorer with a guy who's never played a season in professional football before.

have you baked a cake for him? apparently its his birthday today :blink:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bothered about who did what elsewhere and when. Judging of both their spells at the club in consecutive seasons, Abbott scored more and missed a chunk of the season too.

I just feel justice was served to those who laughed at me when I said it was ridiculous for us to replace our top goalscorer with a guy who's never played a season in professional football before.

I think it was more the fact you went on about him as if he was Andy Ritchie or Roger Palmer or something.

Hasn't that been the plan for the past few years ?

Do you just argue for the sake of arguing?

It's been the plan for the last 15 years but been as Dickov was playing for City for most of that time and M'voto was a kid in France it's not really relevant..

Not saying he'll definitely stay but he's openly said that he's enjoyed his time here and Dickov seems to have built up a decent team spirit.

We've signed players recently who've said there were better financial offers elsewhere. Just saying that there are other factors.

Do you just argue for the sake of arguing?

It's been the plan for the last 15 years but been as Dickov was playing for City for most of that time and M'voto was a kid in France it's not really relevant..

Not saying he'll definitely stay but he's openly said that he's

enjoyed his time here and Dickov seems to have built up a decent team spirit.

We've signed players recently who've said there were better financial offers elsewhere. Just saying that there are other factors.

We was on about Taylor not mvoto

Might be old news but Big JVM is trowing one up a local girl & very happy in the area (flat in manc)

Money is a massive factor in any transfer; but to some players its not the be-all & end-all. 1st team football, a management team who you like; respect & want to play for and a team spirit in the squad & team-mates who have become firm friends rate higher to some.

Hopefully; Jean-Yves is more inclined to stay where he's happy than to move into the unknown merely for the better contract; wage wise.

If a Championship side(s) comes into the mix; ambitions & silverwear will undoubtedly come into effect then.

I think on enjoyment, playing time & management alone - we have an excellent chance with JYM.........just have to see who else becomes involved I feel.

Big JVM has been deemed surplus to requirements at Sunderland, yes? He is not Premiership quality (yet), therefore its unlikely a PL team will bid for him.

If your a Championship team looking for play-offs as opposed to being happy with not getting relegated he is not currently good enough (IMHO) for their first team but would make a useful addition to the squad. Remembering some Championship teams have less money than us so may not have the funds to make him all that big an offer.

That leaves League 1, aside from those in the play-offs its much of a muchness and one team that make the play-offs usually struggles the year after (my money this year would be on Bournemouth). The relegated sides from the Championship are not exactly flushed with cash and may still have defenders making more money than JVM was (whilst at Sunderland) who they can't get rid off. Some of the bigger names in League 1 will be able to afford him but some may not see him as better than what they already have and its a potentially big wage for someone who is not in the first XI. He would get into the first XI of almost any other side in this level (if I was the manager I'd be tempted to say almost all the sides at this level and potentially some at the level above). However, unless the club has someone out of contract then many won't be able to afford a decent wage on someone to sit on the bench, when everyone is available (it wouldn't be JVM but someone who was one of the first choice this year). We however, know he is our best CB at the moment and would be prepared to offer him wages accordingly. Like some have already said he knows the area, is fairly settled here (although I bet it wouldn't take him much to settle in the North East if Hartlepool came calling), that leaves Bury, Rochdale, plus Preston and Hudds (both of whom might not be interested). Even if he does go to say a Championship team it doesn't rule out them wanting to loan him out again and we would be good candidates.

Yes quite a few clubs can afford to offer him more money but many of those that do will:

1.) Not be interested (for next season)

2.) Will need to offload someone (who we could potentially pick up)

3.) Couldn't offer him that much money to make the hassle and cost of moving worthwhile.

Please don't insult Pawel by putting Andy Ritchie and Roger Palmer on the same level as him.

:lol:

That's hilarious don't you mean don't insult andy Ritchie and and roger palmer by putting pav on same level as them two. I can think of 5 strikers we have had who :censored: on Abbott.

bet they still have more money than us.

These clubs are in multi millions of pounds more debt than us, the fact that they are bigger clubs doesnt mean they have more money. Generate more money yes but are in far more debt than we could ever be.

They would still offer far bigger wages than us, but then thats a big reason why they are all in the huge mess they are

Edited by NIKI1234

These clubs are in multi millions of pounds more debt than us, the fact that they are bigger clubs doesnt mean they have more money. Generate more money yes but are in far more debt than we could ever be.

They would still offer far bigger wages than us, but then

thats a big reason why they are all in the huge mess they are

Thanks pal saved me from typing all that out